BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jack Byrne

Commondore

10 hours ago, Commondore said:

Jack Byrne is in the Ireland squad for their qualifiers against Gibraltar and Georgia this weekend. Apparently he plays for Shamrock Rovers nowadays. 

Ya there was a an interview with him yesterday. He said he came here because coyle promised he would start every game in the 10  role off the strikers and that Guardiola would watch all of our Tuesday games. When he came we played 4-4-2, he didn't start every game and Guardiola never came 

I was surprised he was called up as he has only played like 10 games for Shamrock Rovers. Was always rated highly though, things went down hill from the minute he signed for us. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

12 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya there was a an interview with him yesterday. He said he came here because coyle promised he would start every game in the 10  role off the strikers and that Guardiola would watch all of our Tuesday games. When he came we played 4-4-2, he didn't start every game and Guardiola never came 

I was surprised he was called up as he has only played like 10 games for Shamrock Rovers. Was always rated highly though, things went down hill from the minute he signed for us. 

He made our midfield look like mugs at Oldham last season. He was the best player on the pitch that day but he didn't have much competition to be honest.

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Really? This is a set up that considers Del boy international class. Nothing can surprise me with them now. Byrne is pele compared

Williams makes no sense, but I'm not sure Mcarthy will keep him around. I haven't even checked if he was kept, but perhaps the pic in the airport with Dack would suggest he wasn't 

The reality has always been though that a player who is at a championship club or higher will be selected ahead of a league of ireland player, regardless of ability. That probably made sense years ago, but with so many other nationalities now competing for starting places in the English league, we just have to spread the net. 

The Williams thing is a mystery to me. It suggested to me that O'Neill didn't go to many games live

Edited by Bigdoggsteel