BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Retained list 2018/2019 Season

With clubs now announcing their retained lists for the season and Transfer listings, who do we think is leaving our club and being listed for transfer.

My guesses contracts not being renewed are:

Gladwin

Conway 

Luetwhiler

Rodwell

I assume transfer listed players will be:

Smallwood, Mulgrew and Nuttall.

Agree re: not renewed.

Agree Smallwood and Mulgrew will have been told they won’t play much. Nuttall on a season long loan somewhere to be expected.

Also imagine  Williams, Nyambe, Evans and Graham (but will have a big role to play) will have been told he’s looking to sign ‘strong competition’ for their places.

12 hours ago, laughatthedingles said:

Agree re: not renewed.

Agree Smallwood and Mulgrew will have been told they won’t play much. Nuttall on a season long loan somewhere to be expected.

Also imagine  Williams, Nyambe, Evans and Graham (but will have a big role to play) will have been told he’s looking to sign ‘strong competition’ for their places.

Pretty much this, but I think Smallwood will be sold. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Id be amazed if we came out publically and declared that Smallwood and Mulgrew are transfer listed.

Me too it's clearly not Mowbray's style of doing things. He'll more likely tell them that they aren't likely to get much game time next season.

Just now, davulsukur said:

I can't believe we signed this waster for like £1m

Young player, Championship appearances and goals, England youth player ...... we've been known to pay more for similar .....

I think we were lucky Sheffield Utd only wanted 1 million

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

I will be sick if Conway gets another deal.

If he was offered buttons then I wouldn't be dead against it. He seems a good influence on a young squad, and not a bad option to have as a reserve in case of an injury crisis.

Biggest issue for me is that Conway as back up might mean more limited game time for Rankin-Costello or others, which can't be allowed to happen, but as a cheap reserve who may get a handful of run-outs over the season, we could do worse imo. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
51 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I can't believe we signed this waster for like £1m

I saw him score a goal in a rovers shirt, in India at the Venkys inaugural Rovers star tournament he scored against a team of school kids and proceeds to celebrate like a madman  

Im not sure that whole episode wasn’t just a bad dream actually  

55 minutes ago, Tom said:

I saw him score a goal in a rovers shirt, in India at the Venkys inaugural Rovers star tournament he scored against a team of school kids and proceeds to celebrate like a madman  

Im not sure that whole episode wasn’t just a bad dream actually  

Did that actually happen? ?

Sharpe thinks the list will be released today

I see Mulgrew shared an Instagram post yesterday saying "thanks for the support". It looked like he may be leaving, however he answered a fan then saying he is looking forward to next season. If he is happy enough to be a squad player, I would be delighted to keep him around. 

• Like 1

I'd be more than happy to have Mulgrew stay as a squad man but I think he falls into the category of if he stays he'll start. He was ok early this season to be fair although we were still leaking goals so the key would be how to get the best out of him.

Quit Internationals would be a start but he won't and bringing him on to maybe score from set pieces sounds good but bringing him on to try and see out games doesn't. Very tricky one a player of some pedigree and certain real quality but a constant defensive weak link no doubts at all, does TM see it like that though ?

Edited by tomphil

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sharpe thinks the list will be released today

I see Mulgrew shared an Instagram post yesterday saying "thanks for the support". It looked like he may be leaving, however he answered a fan then saying he is looking forward to next season. If he is happy enough to be a squad player, I would be delighted to keep him around. 

Big wage for a backup defender (who can't defend). Unfortunately I imagine that wage will be the reason we can't shift him. 

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

Big wage for a backup defender (who can't defend). Unfortunately I imagine that wage will be the reason we can't shift him. 

Big wage, but I wouldn't imagine it will impact massively on who we bring in. He certainly needs to improve defensively, but his set piece delivery could come in handy