BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Retained list 2018/2019 Season

26 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

And if you think a team has to be built around 'protecting' a Centre Half then you're even wronger;)

A centre half that was possibly more or less running the team ?

Hair dressing quips aside, it will be an absolute joke if Conway gets any form of deal and only  slightly less so if Mulgrew does as his form seemed to fall off the face of the earth very quickly indeed.

As another poster said earlier, there is no point whatsoever keeping players around the Club for sentimental reasons on the off chance they'll get an odd 15 minutes here and there. I fear this is what will happen with Mowbray at the helm though.

Would hope to see Leutwiler, Gladwin, Mulgrew and Conway being allowed to leave when their deals expire in the summer and wouldn't imagine Rodwell would want to hang around given his lack of game time this season.

After that I'd also like to see the back of Bennett, Williams, Evans, Smallwood and Samuel and some serious quality being injected into the squad in their place. Getting these players off the wage bill might be another matter entirely though. Who'd want them? (Apart from Mowbray that is)

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Hair dressing quips aside, it will be an absolute joke if Conway gets any form of deal and only  slightly less so if Mulgrew does as his form seemed to fall off the face of the earth very quickly indeed.

As another poster said earlier, there is no point whatsoever keeping players around the Club for sentimental reasons on the off chance they'll get an odd 15 minutes here and there. I fear this is what will happen with Mowbray at the helm though.

Would hope to see Leutwiler, Gladwin, Mulgrew and Conway being allowed to leave when their deals expire in the summer and wouldn't imagine Rodwell would want to hang around given his lack of game time this season.

After that I'd also like to see the back of Bennett, Williams, Evans, Smallwood and Samuel and some serious quality being injected into the squad in their place. Getting these players off the wage bill might be another matter entirely though. Who'd want them? (Apart from Mowbray that is)

Williams - Our best player the last 6 games of the season. Has shown he is capable as 3/4th choice Centre Back, agree with everyone else, times up. I also don't want the promising youngsters frozen out by sheer dross.

Bennett would be the first one out the door, closely followed by Smallwood, dreadful footballers for this league.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don’t want to be the one to break it to you Rev, but Mulgrew signed one a few months ago... until 2021

Edited by Mattyblue

It will be mightily disappointing to me if Conway gets a new deal. This season he has contributed little and I don't buy this 'leader' nonsense. He is way past his best and the money committed to a new deal for him can be used on somebody who could push for a starting position as all first team squad players should be capable of doing.

32 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It will be mightily disappointing to me if Conway gets a new deal. This season he has contributed little and I don't buy this 'leader' nonsense. He is way past his best and the money committed to a new deal for him can be used on somebody who could push for a starting position as all first team squad players should be capable of doing.

Plus, we don't want to be hampering the likes of Chapman getting game time by playing Conway instead.

Genuinely think TM will give him a new deal though. Coming on for the last 15 to help close games out I suspect.

Mowbray made some very bold statements in the last couple of weeks. The concern was that it was all talk and no substance. A deal for Conway would show that it was just empty words.

This isn’t a retirement village it’s a football club in great need of promotion to the PL.

18 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Plus, we don't want to be hampering the likes of Chapman getting game time by playing Conway instead.

Genuinely think TM will give him a new deal though. Coming on for the last 15 to help close games out I suspect.

That was the rationale Mowbray used to justify giving him a deal last season but I saw no evidence of him coming on to close games out. I haven't looked to see if he was involved in the numerous games in which we conceded late goals but if he was Mowbrays logic was misguided.

9 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Matty Platt has signed a new 1 year deal.

And??????  Where has he been on loan? Will he be going out on loan again?

He's a left back, right? Is he good enough to challenge the awful Bell for that spot?

I certainly hope so.

Just now, bazza said:

And??????  Where has he been on loan? Will he be going out on loan again?

He's a left back, right? Is he good enough to challenge the awful Bell for that spot?

I certainly hope so.

Are you capable of looking this stuff up yourself?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Are you capable of looking this stuff up yourself?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bit much. You aled up watching the play-offs?

Rovers official site says of players out on loan, "on loan". Plenty of information there.

Perhaps I should ignore the official web site and use the reliable Wiki.

Sorry that you're ? key got stuck.

I was responding in kind. Have a read of his post first.

I was hoping for contribution from people who know the under 23s better than me. e.g.Parson Blue, Stuart, Hollowsr etc.