BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Englands summer tournaments

With the season over it's time for the England women's world cup and the nation's league.

Will people be tuning in to roar on Phil Neville's lionesses.

How do people think we will fair in Portugal in the first ever nation's league final.

How important or serious do people take these competions.

Is everybody happy with the squad Gareth has selected.

I personally can't understand what Jesse lingard has done to earn a call up and was quite shocked and disappointed that james maddison didn't make the cut.

I will be hoping England can be the first nation to win this and after great difficulty understanding how it works (still don't quite get it) have enjoyed it up to now and think it's been alot better than meaningless friendlies. I'm hoping it takes off and nation's take it seriously and take pride in winning it.

As for the lionesses, I watched a few of the games when they were unlucky not to make the final a few years ago and that tournament was the one that has put female football on the map. A good showing from our lasses this time around could really put women's football firmly in the spotlight and I will be watching with anticipation to see how much the women's game has evolved as a whole since the last tournament.

What are people's thoughts ?

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Remind me... what’s the prize for winning the Nations Cup?

A substantial chunk of prize money, a new trophy and the pride of being the first nation to lift it

The overall winner gets just short of ten million. How that is used I don't know

aviary-image-1558120785571.jpeg

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Cheers. So it’s just a stand alone trophy like a version of Le Tournoi.

You would think that the winner would get a free pass to the Euros.

I know that's the one downside for me.

It does help qualifications but I have no idea how. I don't think anyone does 

Will you be watching it ? Are you watching the women's world cup ?

Edited by Oldgregg86

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

I know that's the one downside for me.

It does help qualifications but I have no idea how. I don't think anyone does 

Will you be watching it ? Are you watching the women's world cup ?

Probably watch the nations cup.

Might watch the England women’s but won’t go out of my way to. Depends when they are on.

• Like 1

I'm excited about the nations cup. Should be a cracking set of 3 games, a bit like the playoffs.

I think weve got a really exciting squad. Alexander-Arnold, Stones, Maguire, Chilwell, Henderson (who I've come round from skepticism to really liking), Sancho, Sterling, Kane, Radford are all really decent players in my opinion. I reckon we can do it.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 4

I’ll definitely be watching the nations league. Was half tempted to go but need to pick my battles for sporting trips plus it’s in coimbra (euro 2004 place) and maybe Porto for the final. So not too fussed about the former again.

I reckon that nations league will be taken increasingly seriously as the years go by. Qualifiers are now a joke for the top sides (hesitantly consider England to be one currently) so a format where the dregs play the dregs and best teams play the best teams is all good for me. 

As for women’s football don’t want to go all Andy gray and Richard Keys but I’m not interested whatsoever. Every game I’ve watched the standard has been appalling. They could win a clean sweep or lose every game 10-0 I couldn’t care less. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I'm excited about the nations cup. Should be a cracking set of 3 games, a bit like the playoffs.

I think weve got a really exciting squad. Alexander-Arnold, Stones, Maguire, Chilwell, Henderson (who I've come round from skepticism to really liking), Sancho, Sterling, Kane, Radford are all really decent players in my opinion. I reckon we can do it.

More than decent. Arnold for me is the best rightback in the world right now. Stone and Gomez are top defenders. Kane is a world-class finisher. Rashford still has alot of potential. Sterling is the real deal now. Sancho for me the best teenager in world football. At left back rose and chillwell are two very good fullbacks. I think Ali is starting to show his form now. He is very hot and cold. This is the best group of players I have seen with England for 20 years. Cheek would have been key as well but I hear he's out for 6 months . For me only De Jong De ligt and vvd would get in this england team. I think we will definitely beat them

• Like 1

15 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Extraordinarily....I know...there is a 3rd place play off....so England nailed on to be in that I suspect ?

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

There is also a UEFA U21 Championship this summer which England are in.

Indeed there is watchable football on TV most days until next Season starts!

I myself will be watching some Football and a lot of Cricket

https://www.live-footballontv.com/

What channel or who has the rights to the u21 games ?

Edit. Sorry missed the link at the bottom. Thanks for that

Edited by Oldgregg86

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead

Delph and Rice don’t give you much craft, but they certainly give you the graft. The gap between midfield and attack has been quite large at times...

Gary Neville made a good point re Winks not being picked. I’d also say that Maddison is incredibly unfortunate not to be in the full squad, especially considering Lingard has... 

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Delph and Rice don’t give you much craft, but they certainly give you the graft. The gap between midfield and attack has been quite large at times...

Gary Neville made a good point re Winks not being picked. I’d also say that Maddison is incredibly unfortunate not to be in the full squad, especially considering Lingard has... 

This hits the nail on the head really. When we beat Spain using the same formation we had winks and dier in midfield alongside Barkley. Winks particularly is good on the turn with the ball. Dier is decent.

Tonight Rice particularly struggled, and Delph was mediocre.