BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton Wanderers Unpaid Staff Need Food bank.

This absolutely breaks my heart, non-footballing staff at Bolton havn't been paid and are so desperate that a local charity has set up a food bank specifically for them. In a time when football knows almost limitless resources this is disgusting. The players have the PFA as a safety net, but the rest of the staff don't have anything to fall back on.

I'm sure they'd appreciate any support available from up the M61 ...

• Like 2

Hope they get plenty donations to help them through but this really is pathetic how much money are Anderson, Warburtons and the Eddie Davis Trust worth combined ?

They are the major shareholders of BWFC so surely to god they could have guaranteed the wages of regular non football staff who are normally employed year round ? 

Some very wealthy people are some of the very worst forms of human beings

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

How about some of these Premierleauge Players on fookin 300K+ a week chipping in?

Then again,there are not enough Mansions in Cheshire.It's a worry.

<_<:angry:

Very cynical, but City would be playing an absolute blinder by donating some cash to this food bank cause while the situation is sorted out. A 'local' (I hate the Greater Manchester boundary, it's all Lancashire to me) club in trouble.

It's just easy PR and they're not short of money. I'm surprised they've not already got involved considering how they've rejuvenated the area around the Etihad Stadium. 

• 1 month later...
  • Backroom

How is Craig Conway on trial at Bolton if things are that bad?

It's a pretty embarrassing state of affairs there - is it not possible for the rest of Bolton's team to cancel their contracts as they have obviously been breached through non-payment? I'm sure most of them, even Lowe, could find a club willing to pay them more than £0 p/w.

9 hours ago, DE. said:

How is Craig Conway on trial at Bolton if things are that bad?

It's a pretty embarrassing state of affairs there - is it not possible for the rest of Bolton's team to cancel their contracts as they have obviously been breached through non-payment? I'm sure most of them, even Lowe, could find a club willing to pay them more than £0 p/w.

I thought this too...must be desperate if Bolton is his only option.

My guess would be that he is settled in this area and he has said to himself that if he cannot get a club around these parts, he will call it a day. 

3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

I thought this too...must be desperate if Bolton is his only option.

My guess would be that he is settled in this area and he has said to himself that if he cannot get a club around these parts, he will call it a day. 

If I were him I'd go to Blackpool

• Like 1

The BWFC situation may be disgraceful but I trust people appreciate it is nowhere near the suffering our government had inflicted on the country in recent years. Anyone want to rattle a bucket?

https://www-bbc-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/education-48037122?amp_js_v=a2&amp;amp_gsa=1&amp;usqp=mq331AQA#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp;amp_tf=From %1%24s

• Like 2

• Backroom

I assume Bolton have still not been punished for failing to fulfil their fixtures last season? Am I the only one who wouldn't be surprised if that got quietly swept under the rug and the standard -12 points for going into administration being deemed suitable enough? It would set a really dangerous precedent going forward as clubs could choose not to fulfil their fixtures and then use Bolton as an example of a club who did the same and got away with it.

• Like 2

I can see Wanderers being comfortably relegated again this season unless someone with more money than sense rescues them immediately. They don't have the players, they have had no pre-season training as far as I can see, is their ground available to them?

They'll disappear into non-league football at this rate. About the only thing we couldn't accuse Venkys of.

Another story about some supporters wanting to challenge the -12 penalty. I'd love to know on what basis they think that's going to happen.

Outrageous that the Bolton/Brentford issue still hasn't been dealt with 2 weeks before the start of the season. Either they're hoping it will blow over and people will forget about it or they're waiting for the takeover then they can settle on a compromise with the new owners.

• Like 1