BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton Wanderers Unpaid Staff Need Food bank.

• Backroom

At this rate Bolton will do well to start the season, let alone avoid relegation. They'll start the season with Jason Lowe surrounded by the u18 squad and an empty stadium. Although if the stadium isn't cleared for health & safety reasons. as happened many times last season, they may not even be able to play at all. 

Edited by DE.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Awful situation.

Surely not being paid is enough for a contract to be in breach?

I can understand why an administrator would be trying to maximise the value of contracts but if you aren’t going to honour them how can you try to enforce them?

They should walk and dare them to sue.

47 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Thought they just had to give a month’s notice. Which is what some of the others did earlier on.

So if they have, presumably they walk in weeks

Not sure how the football creditors rule plays in to all this. They will ‘definitely’ get paid in full at some point - except if the club is liquidated. If the my feel the chances of that are high, they should be able to move to another club (there are only so many jobs) but they may have to forfeit monies owed I guess.

If they lose any more players then they are almost certainly doomed.

Grim at the minute though - even their new potential owners is more interested in the Hotel than the club and they still don’t have any season tickets on sale.

On 20/07/2019 at 15:34, Pedro said:

I honestly think they will fold or be expelled from the league. I can't see another outcome.

...and as coldly harsh as it is wouldn't it make sense to promote Rovers advertising in the Bolton area? United will be in like a bunch of vultures. Of course in the Championship it's harder to have the "must see ourselves as Lancashire" mentality which disappeared around 17th August 2000 (albeit it as a Championship club but one that was equipped for promotion).

Now Bolton isn't Lancashire as far as I'm concerned but if the club advertises in Preston why not Bolton too?

• Like 1

I have followed this a fair bit, as I have family and close fans, who are Wanderers fans. I can’t see a way out of this for them and hope they somehow survive. Sounds like Bury are also in serious trouble. Could this be the start of the combustion of football, that many have predicted?

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

...and as coldly harsh as it is wouldn't it make sense to promote Rovers advertising in the Bolton area? United will be in like a bunch of vultures. Of course in the Championship it's harder to have the "must see ourselves as Lancashire" mentality which disappeared around 17th August 2000 (albeit it as a Championship club but one that was equipped for promotion).

Now Bolton isn't Lancashire as far as I'm concerned but if the club advertises in Preston why not Bolton too?

Bolton is Lancashire thank you very much.

Ask any Boltoner or do some research.

• Like 3

Just now, lraC said:

I have followed this a fair bit, as I have family and close fans, who are Wanderers fans. I can’t see a way out of this for them and hope they somehow survive. Sounds like Bury are also in serious trouble. Could this be the start of the combustion of football, that many have predicted?

As harsh as it sounds, for a county like ours it is probably necessary for the remaining ones to survive into the next half of this century.

Gone would be Bolton, Bury, Morecambe, Wigan, Accrington, Oldham, Fleetwood, Fylde.

Leaving Rovers, Burnley, Preston and Blackpool.

(Blackpool I was in two minds about but if they can get over the Oystons they deserve to be the Westerly rivals in the double-derby Lancashire equator).

In reality, Accrington will continue along with Wigan and by the flies in the respective ointments.

10 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Bolton is Lancashire thank you very much.

Ask any Boltoner or do some research.

I don't care what the people in Bolton say or where the boundaries used to be. From 2001-2012 it would have made sense for Rovers to say "Lancashire" rather than the so called "small town" stuff. Not "Lancashire other than Bolton" which presumably is the promotional style you would have preferred? I'm not really bothered in general where Bolton people consider themselves to be but you have to look at things from what should have been Rovers point of view then and to an extent now. 

Edited by Vinjay17

The boundaries of the county of Lancashire remain exactly as they always have. Administrative Areas were created in 1974, ie. Cumbria, Merseyside and Greater Manchester. See www.forl.co.uk

To start advertising our presence in Bolton, at this moment in time, would be an act of gross stupidity and make us less than popular, not only in Bolton but in the wider football world.

• Like 6

Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

To start advertising our presence in Bolton, at this moment in time, would be an act of gross stupidity and make us less than popular, not only in Bolton but in the wider football world.

Don’t disagree with that.

Personally I’m hoping they pull through but fascinated by the potential fallout...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

End of the day, worse came to worse all that would happen is even more of the area’s kids will have Man City shirts bought for them. That, and TV being the limit of their football exposure.

On that point. Someone on Facebook posted a pic of a kids soccer school, in Chorley I think.

I was first depressed as I didn’t spot a single Rovers, Bolton or PNE shirt (or Chorley FC for that matter), clubs that have always had a decent support in the town.

However, what did lift my spirits is the lack of United shirts. Amazing how quickly club’s fall out of favour. ^_^

• Like 1