BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton Wanderers Unpaid Staff Need Food bank.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

The Premier League, Sky TV, world-wide broadcast rights and the collective failure of club chairmen and directors to control wages and spending. It really is that simple. Football sold its' soul 27 years ago. It's simply got worse with every season that has passed.

The money is absolute madness in the game, the dominos have started to fall and there is little to no way of stopping them. The next problem to come is non league teams with wealthy owners pushing community clubs out of the EFL, I have no problem with competition but that is simply financial doping. 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

The Premier League, Sky TV, world-wide broadcast rights and the collective failure of club chairmen and directors to control wages and spending. It really is that simple. Football sold its' soul 27 years ago. It's simply got worse with every season that has passed.

The problem is compounded by PL wages being so high and proportionally the other leagues wages have risen too but their income hasn't. This Man City kid we are linked with is on £25k a week and has a handful of first team appearances on his CV. When the time comes to get shut of him he will want a similar amount and there will be some clubs prepared to pay it. And there are lots like him. I know of a Championship third choice keeper on £6k a week with his parent club. He went out on loan and is now signed as second choice at another Championship club.

It almost feels now that the Bury situation will start the implosion many have been predicting.

14 minutes ago, philipl said:

Have to say it is looking horribly ominous for Bury. I would put odds of extinction at well over 50% now.

The absolute lack of interest in the club from a town bigger than Blackburn suggests the Shakers are seriously unloved.

I don't think Bolton are in that much better shape either. There must be some really awful stuff under the surface for nobody local to have come forward seriously.

I can completely understand why nobody locally has come forwards, you are signing up to a financial black hole. If regulation was brought in and the same problems wouldn’t arise in 1-2 years time then I’m sure local people would help but there isn’t and good local people would lose their hard earned cash into the cess pit that is English Football. The clubs aren’t requiring a few quid to keep the floodlights on they are pretty much asset less with multi million pound costs.

Edited by cesus

1 hour ago, cesus said:

I can completely understand why nobody locally has come forwards, you are signing up to a financial black hole. If regulation was brought in and the same problems wouldn’t arise in 1-2 years time then I’m sure local people would help but there isn’t and good local people would lose their hard earned cash into the cess pit that is English Football. The clubs aren’t requiring a few quid to keep the floodlights on they are pretty much asset less with multi million pound costs.

And Gigg Lane could easily be a prime house-building site, very close to Bury town centre and just off a prime commuting route to Manchester.

The vultures could be circling.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Bolton’s game at Wycombe is on. The PFA are paying the wages.

Bury’s is off.

But why won’t the PFA pay Bury wages?

• Like 5

On 28/07/2019 at 23:35, DE. said:

https://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2019/7/28/8934142/bolton-wanderers-what-have-we-become

An interesting and fairly lengthily write-up here on Bolton's plight.

Yes, a fascinating and disturbing account of what has gone on at BWFC over the last few years. The regulars on here, especially those that kept an ear close to the ground following Venky’s takeover, will recognise many parallels.

Reading the ‘CV’ of Ken Anderson makes frightening reading. How a person of his ‘capabilities’ was allowed in to Bolton by the governing bodies is anyone’s guess. 

Scratch under the surface of many clubs outside (and some inside) the Premier League and you will no doubt find this sort of thing. An endless array of useless nobodies, all wanting their pieces of silver, all wanting their snouts to be well and truly in the trough. 

If you have fifteen or so minutes to spare, read the article. It’s well worth it.

I wonder what the terms of these PFA loans to Bolton are....

I'm still struggling to see how Bolton are realistically going to be able to start the season in any sort of shape. At the last count they had 7 contracted players and several of those had handed in their notice. Whilst they might be able to bring in trialists presumably those have to be registered as Bolton players by this time Friday or they won't be eligible for Saturday.

Certainly appears there is more determination to ensure Bolton keep going than Bury. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cesus said:

The money is absolute madness in the game, the dominos have started to fall and there is little to no way of stopping them. The next problem to come is non league teams with wealthy owners pushing community clubs out of the EFL, I have no problem with competition but that is simply financial doping. 

Can't imagine which team you are thinking of.

Im surprised clubs haven’t been loaning Bolton a few of the U23s to get League One experience. Would have to carry on paying their wages but league football is going to be better than playing u23s in front of one man and his dog.

• Backroom

In fairness you have to think about the quality of facilities, etc, when loaning out a player as well. Not going to be much good loaning them out to a team in dissaray, losing often, with a training ground that may or may not be open, a disenfranchised squad and of course Jason Lowe. I imagine there are a lot of teams waiting for the takeover to happen and ready to make deals if/when Bolton look like they are back on a sound footing.

29 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Im surprised clubs haven’t been loaning Bolton a few of the U23s to get League One experience. Would have to carry on paying their wages but league football is going to be better than playing u23s in front of one man and his dog.

They can’t sign anyone, even on loan, while there is nobody in charge to sanction moves.

Are they even selling tickets to home games yet?

Can’t believe that the league bigwigs have let this pantomime go on for so long.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

As mentioned above, not possible yet, but would be perfect for our Blackburn based youngsters as they'd be able to stay in the same location where they are now whilst on loan. Players like Andy Fisher, Matty Platt, Stefan Mols and a few others who probably won't play for us this season, would benefit massively.

On 30/07/2019 at 12:42, OJRovers said:

Can't we loan them Smallwood? :P

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Gordon Taylor confirmed the PFA have stepped in with a loan of around 2 MILLION to pay Bolton Players and Creditors....the only reason they are able to play their opening day fixture.

Still no takeover complete.

The PFA are basically Bolton's owners at this point. I feel like they're setting a dangerous precedent by repeatedly paying for Bolton's mistakes. If other clubs start to go to the wall in the same way in the next few years, what justification is there now for the PFA not to step in and do the same?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DE. said:

The PFA are basically Bolton's owners at this point. I feel like they're setting a dangerous precedent by repeatedly paying for Bolton's mistakes. If other clubs start to go to the wall in the same way in the next few years, what justification is there now for the PFA not to step in and do the same?

PFA are protected both financing wages and as a protected football creditor.