BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton Wanderers Unpaid Staff Need Food bank.

16 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Plenty of dewy eyed back slapping and self congratulations at their fans taking around 1,800 to Wycombe but still no concrete news of a finalised takeover.

No home or away tickets for their first home game nor Season tickets on sale.

New ground syndrome for many. 

The League have already bent several rules to help them out but it will get really interesting this week if it isnt done soon. How on earth they will be able to host games with no tickets and presumably no safety certificate or stewarding will be interesting to see.

I'm not against the league trying to help a club out - high time they did something for the smaller clubs - but the difference in treatment between Bury and Bolton is appalling. Disgraceful for the EFL.

Add in that there's no acknowledgement of Bolton failing to play a game, much less punishment and you do wonder what on earth the clowns are playing at. 

• Like 3

Just realized Bolton and Bury are in the same league making the disparity in treatment all the more appalling. Equally the pair being on the same deduction with Bury to my knowledge not having cancelled any games is another unfair advantage to Bolton. Is it because they were in the premiership? 

8 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Just realized Bolton and Bury are in the same league making the disparity in treatment all the more appalling. Equally the pair being on the same deduction with Bury to my knowledge not having cancelled any games is another unfair advantage to Bolton. Is it because they were in the premiership? 

It does make you wonder.

On the face of it Bury are trying very hard to do all the right things and being penalised. Bolton are, under the administrators, taking an age to sort out the hotel ownership issue while the PFA pay wages to keep their games on.

Still can’t believe there seems to be no punishment for Bolton not fulfilling a fixture. Weren’t Steve Gibson’s Middlesbrough relegated on the strength of a missed game?

Just now, Roving Mick said:

Some of their season ticket holders from last season are saying they are owed a match because of the Brentford postponement.  They reckon they should get in free at their first home match.  Seems reasonable to me.

I get their point but Bolton need every penny they can get right now.

“Club on the brink of extinction” vs “you own me £10”

5 hours ago, Roving Mick said:

Some of their season ticket holders from last season are saying they are owed a match because of the Brentford postponement.  They reckon they should get in free at their first home match.  Seems reasonable to me.

That is hilarious seeing as the club have no money, pathetic supporters. 

13 hours ago, Stuart said:

It does make you wonder.

On the face of it Bury are trying very hard to do all the right things and being penalised. Bolton are, under the administrators, taking an age to sort out the hotel ownership issue while the PFA pay wages to keep their games on.

Still can’t believe there seems to be no punishment for Bolton not fulfilling a fixture. Weren’t Steve Gibson’s Middlesbrough relegated on the strength of a missed game?

Yes and that game was rearranged and still played! 

I cannot for the life of me think of why 2 clubs would be treated so differently in such similar circumstances (and location) especially with the club getting preferential treatment having behaved worse, other than the PL connection. I'm sure all the headlines would be ex premier League club goes bust and that is what they are striving to avoid. 

I remember in the 70s Burnley putting on a golden gate, supporters who went through agreed to pay double entry to help support the club. A far cry from today when everyone asks (us included) what can the club do for me and not what we can do to help support our town teams, support like that at Bolton is something the club don’t need at this time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Yes and that game was rearranged and still played! 

I cannot for the life of me think of why 2 clubs would be treated so differently in such similar circumstances (and location) especially with the club getting preferential treatment having behaved worse, other than the PL connection. I'm sure all the headlines would be ex premier League club goes bust and that is what they are striving to avoid. 

Bury's owner has been rather hostile to the Football League while the administrators at Bolton obviously haven't. It's a lot easier dealing with people who's job description is to manage distressed assets.

Bury's 2 postponed games should be replayed at a later date since the points aren't meaningless at this stage. Teams shouldn't be rewarded points because of other clubs situations. That includes the Middlesbrough game in 1997. Though obviously nobody here who remembers would have voiced much complaint had Rovers been awarded the points. 

Wonder if their fans will rally or have a silent boycott?

What an awful position to be in, and what on earth is taking so long in the negotiations?

Can’t work out if that hotel will be the death of them or become their saviour. I certainly wouldn’t want new owners who would put a hotel ahead of my football club in terms of value.

Eddie Hall must be spinning in his grave.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Wonder if their fans will rally or have a silent boycott?

What an awful position to be in, and what on earth is taking so long in the negotiations?

Can’t work out if that hotel will be the death of them or become their saviour. I certainly wouldn’t want new owners who would put a hotel ahead of my football club in terms of value.

Eddie Hall must be spinning in his grave.

They've only opened the bottom tiers so won't be many there. Probably get a decent following from Coventry though. Wonder how many players they will be allowed to sign after the deadline.

Just now, JHRover said:

They've only opened the bottom tiers so won't be many there. Probably get a decent following from Coventry though. Wonder how many players they will be allowed to sign after the deadline.

I really don’t see how that can happen. That is a huge precedent being set.

Pretty soon people will start to dig into why they are being favoured. Wouldn’t be surprised if there are some skeleton’s in closets.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Well obviously!

But £14 a game ain’t £24

Yep reduced average price for paying upfront ! im sure most who cough up for the season (probably miss 3-4 games as well so that 14 quid rises ) wont mind paying  24 quid game by game knowing that their team may go bust rather than  lose 350 quid that they ve paid upfront!

Meanwhile some of our fans want our season ticket prices reduced whilst calling out Bolton fans who want their ticket prices cut or even returned due to missing the Brentford game due to it being cancelled.

• Backroom

In fairness I’d be wanting a free ticket had I had a season ticket last season, they paid for 23 games and got 22!

Seems the new owners set the prices for the game as a way to recoup some back costs to put the game on.

They don’t come across as being flush with cash