BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton Wanderers Unpaid Staff Need Food bank.

If I was an agent, I'd be offering any experienced dobbin who is out of a job and on my books for low wages. It would get them playing again, put them in the shop window and you can soon use crap wages or no wages as an excuse to jump ship. It would be like football manager when you sign out of contract 37 year olds who you remember used to play for West Ham 10 years ago.

Only 2 fit outfield senior players for their game at Tranmere tomorrow. Concerns also being raised by some about the welfare of the kids playing 3 or 4 games a week. 

Something has to give soon so expect the League to pay players to join them or invent a new transfer window to assist.

• Like 2

You have to ask why have these mysterious FV investors  have still not completed the takeover....is there some substance in Bassini claim that they do not have the finance?

They all appear a bunch of complete shysters to me,they make the Venksters look like Sheikh Mansour!:o

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

• Backroom
2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Only 2 fit outfield senior players for their game at Tranmere tomorrow. Concerns also being raised by some about the welfare of the kids playing 3 or 4 games a week. 

Fortunately for them it's League 1 so they still have a chance of getting some points. Could line up with eleven traffic cones and some games would still end 0-0.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Something has to give soon so expect the League to pay players to join them or invent a new transfer window to assist.

It really does sum up the current snowflake society we live in when there are objections to kids playing three or four times a week. I remember when people played on Saturday, Sunday and midweek depending on the time of year (there probably still are some now).

And went to work/school too.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

It really does sum up the current snowflake society we live in when there are objections to kids playing three or four times a week. I remember when people played on Saturday, Sunday and midweek depending on the time of year (there probably still are some now).

Tony, when I was 15 I played for the school team on Saturday mornings, Darwen Olympic on Saturday afternoons, Rising Sun on Sunday mornings and Darwen under 18s on Sunday afternoons.

EVERY WEEK.

And as you know there would also be midweek games at the beginning and end of the season. Mark Patterson played in three of those teams with me and he went on to play hundreds of professional league games at a high level.

Snowflakes just about sums it up mate!

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Big difference between playing at that level and having 16 year olds being lumped about by professional players in League 1 though. 

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Big difference between playing at that level and having 16 year olds being lumped about by professional players in League 1 though. 

You don't think players get 'lumped about' in amateur football. How many are actually 16 year old who are playing for Bolton? These are pretty much men at 18 so the physical aspect shouldn't be an issue.

2 hours ago, DE. said:

Fortunately for them it's League 1 so they still have a chance of getting some points. Could line up with eleven traffic cones and some games would still end 0-0.

Last time the Clarets tried that one, it was a warm up for the Orient game in 1987. The cones won 1-0.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Tony, when I was 15 I played for the school team on Saturday mornings, Darwen Olympic on Saturday afternoons, Rising Sun on Sunday mornings and Darwen under 18s on Sunday afternoons.

EVERY WEEK.

And as you know there would also be midweek games at the beginning and end of the season. Mark Patterson played in three of those teams with me and he went on to play hundreds of professional league games at a high level.

Snowflakes just about sums it up mate!

Them were the days. I had a few games in the same side as Mark too. He was at Darwen Vale, so played against him for our school team every year as well. Good days those were. 

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

You don't think players get 'lumped about' in amateur football. How many are actually 16 year old who are playing for Bolton? These are pretty much men at 18 so the physical aspect shouldn't be an issue.

Of course I do but by 10 mins into the 2nd half the pace dies down considerably in comparison to professional football.

Edited by Dreams of 1995

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Cue Hovis music.

24 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I'm with you on this. Professional football is a world away from oldjamfan's examples. Sunday league? There's not much running going on there. 

Bodies are still maturing at 18. 3 to 4 games per week for a continued period will result in plenty of injuries. There are exceptions, as with all things in life but there are reasons why managers get annoyed at fixture congestion. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lraC said:

Last time the Clarets tried that one, it was a warm up for the Orient game in 1987. The cones won 1-0.

Why am I the only one to have 'Liked' this post? ? It may be an old joke, but that doesn't mean it isn't funny. Specially in the context of That Lot!

Anyway it, literally, made me lol!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I'm with you on this. Professional football is a world away from oldjamfan's examples. Sunday league? There's not much running going on there.  

What a load of old nonsense - of course it wasn’t up to the professional level but believe me it was a school of hard knocks and the Blackburn Sunday league (at the top end of it) was akin to semi professional football in the late 70s and early 80s. Most of the lads we played with and against would be turning out for the likes of Accy Stanley, Great Harwood, Darwen etc on Saturdays. And plenty of ex pros like Metcalfe and Marshall Burke played in it too.

• Like 2