BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton Wanderers Unpaid Staff Need Food bank.

8 hours ago, lsp82 said:

Seems Notlob decided to postpone the game without consulting Football league or Donny!! 

Precedent set, the " too tired, can't be bothered  rule "  could come in handy for a number of clubs around the Christmas period

Hopefully when the Bolton postponed game is replayed the FL insist only the players registered at the time of the original fixture are eligible to play

1 minute ago, philipl said:

You guys still don't get it.

Notlob are as dead as the parrot.

Football League "We're closin' for lunch.
Oh yes, the, uh, the Bolton Wanderer...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?
No, no, its not dead, 'e's uh,...its's resting.
Remarkable club, the Bolton Wanderers, idn'it, ay? Beautiful plumage!
There, it moved!"

• Like 1

I think people tend to forget that prior to Ken Anderson taking over at Bolton with Dean Holdsworth they were on the cusp of administration and possible liquidation in the High Court due to unpaid tax. They needed a takeover and quickly otherwise there was a real prospect that they would be wound up there and then. 

As expected when dealing with a skint 2nd tier football club on the brink of being shut down prospective buyers were in short supply.

Without wanting to appear as though I am defending the Football League (I detest them as much as anyone) it seems likely if they had rejected Anderson then Bolton would have been shut down a few years ago. There's an argument that their present predicament, whilst painful for their fans and embarrassing for the League, is preferable to what might easily have been the alternative. 

The issue goes beyond the inept League and their weak ownership rules. There is a flaw in the League structure that needs addressing and rebalancing and the only ones with the power to do it are the FA and Premier League. 

Not sure what the FA actually do. They are the ultimate power of the game in this country yet it seems everything is batted off to competition organizers like the Premier League and Football League. Time the Fa did something and used its powers.

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

You’ve been emphatic about things in the past.

What makes you so sure they won’t survive?

Show me a business plan which makes money as a League 2 outfit next season...

The obvious thing is for the Neville brothers et al to take either Bury or Bolton over but they have a vehicle with constrained costs and no baggage at Salford which works for them. I would be astonished if their people haven't at least run the numbers on Bolton and Bury and the silence is deafening..

Edited by philipl

Sadly we are now at the point of Bury North MP pleading with the Football League for time and threatening to use Parliamentary privilege to make disclosures.

Bolton saga is at least two weeks from the various legal cases being resolved assuming goodwill between the various parties which clearly does not exist.

43 minutes ago, philipl said:

Sadly we are now at the point of Bury North MP pleading with the Football League for time and threatening to use Parliamentary privilege to make disclosures.

Bolton saga is at least two weeks from the various legal cases being resolved assuming goodwill between the various parties which clearly does not exist.

I really wish he would and quickly. The whole inept structure and regulations of the EFL should be exposed to the world as not fit for purpose. This is an example of their gross ineptitude.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/11/bury-takeover-without-full-football-league-approval-transfer-embargo-efl

• Like 1

4 hours ago, philipl said:

The obvious thing is for the Neville brothers et al to take either Bury or Bolton over but they have a vehicle with constrained costs and no baggage at Salford which works for them. I would be astonished if their people haven't at least run the numbers on Bolton and Bury and the silence is deafening..

I've wondered what the Neville brothers' take on Bury is. Both are locals who's dad worked there for years.

I think you provided the answer though; why sink money into a losing proposition when they can get plaudit after plaudit for their Salford interest?

• Like 2

Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

I've wondered what the Neville brothers' take on Bury is. Both are locals who's dad worked there for years.

I think you provided the answer though; why sink money into a losing proposition when they can get plaudit after plaudit for their Salford interest?

Their mother is still employed by Bury as club secretary.

I think the problem have been building since they stopped the maximum wage which benefits the big clubs. Then they stopped the split revenue and the home club got everything which also helps the big clubs, But also its got to the stage they have to make changes and take some blame for the fit and proper rules. So many clubs in the last few years have got into big problems that it looks like either the rules ares not good enough or they arn’t doing the job right.

Bury have been omitted from the Carabao Cup and have had their League One fixture against Tranmere Rovers suspended, due to further clarification being needed regarding the club's financial obligations.

More to follow...

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/august/efl-statement-bury-fc-update3/

If Bury don’t jump through the EFL’s fiery hoops by Friday they are out of the league. There will only be three relegation places not four so no opportunity given to another League Two team, just a reprieve for a L1 side. What odds on Bolton staying up in that additional safe spot?

43 minutes ago, Stuart said:

If Bury don’t jump through the EFL’s fiery hoops by Friday they are out of the league. There will only be three relegation places not four so no opportunity given to another League Two team, just a reprieve for a L1 side. What odds on Bolton staying up in that additional safe spot?

Precedent is set if Bolton go the same way.

The following video( halfway down the page )was recorded last night outside the Bolton stadium.

He's either got some serious info on those involved to make those allegations in public or he's completely off his nut...roll that Dice!

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/topic/89431-take-over/page/1019/

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Let’s take a moment to acknowledge  the dire plight of two neighbors due to awful ownership  that could put put them out of business imminently.

Let’s recognize that for all the false starts and bad decisions more from naivety that anything else, our owners have stayed the course and given our manager money to spend. 

We can dream of 1995 but time is now and I am happy that we are building something here not having it destroyed in front of our very eyes with lifelong fans chained to the railings outside. 

• Like 3