BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton Wanderers Unpaid Staff Need Food bank.

1 hour ago, den said:

Good to catch up on how the club was leased out to Anderson. It’s hard to believe those things happened. It’s also hard to believe our owners are now football savvy enough not to be mislead again.

We can only look at the evidence of our own eyes.

Folks as rich as they are who stay as rich as they have done despite clearly having, shall we say an "eccentric" in their midst, do have a capacity for learning and self- preservation. Rovers were not the first wealth-destroying diversion the family were challenged to handle. Film studios were publicly liquidated, Rovers fortunately are still around.

I know this is a less than popular view amongst many Rovers fans but the owners from hell have since the departure of Coyle become the owners from heaven.

I completely and freely admit that this new wisdom has not been tested beyond their response to relegation to League One but that was a hefty eight figure test.

How would they replace a Waggott or Mowbray? The processes at under 23 level suggest a level of sophistication within the club unthinkable just two years ago.

We are presumably vulnerable to a Shabby mark 2 gaining trust inside the compound but there seems to be far greater stability in the handling of Rovers than there used to be.

So let's be as outspoken about the good as we are about the welter of historic bads.

Never forget- we cannot help but mourn what we lost and I think the Trust were heroic in their administration of Rovers given the Walker family shenanigans of the time.

Never forgive- your choice- but a decade is a long time and people dramatically live and learn. Being bitter only shortens the life of the embittered.

• Like 5

Just now, lraC said:

Its quite remarkable really that the individual who was most responsible for this, got away with what he did. when you look at the way, he manipulated the change of management, brought about signings that had third party ownership written all over them and somehow got his son a premier league players contract, is beyond belief. I shudder to think how much he must have made out of it and like you say, it's not surprising that at least 3 of the companies, involved in the acquisition have been wound up.

There are still people at work, trying to rid Rovers of Venky's as it still feels dirty that they are still involved. 

I am not going to elaborate but I would not wish the current problems of that individual on my worst enemy.

Sup with the devil...

• Like 2

Just now, philipl said:

I am not going to elaborate but I would not wish the current problems of that individual on my worst enemy.

Sup with the devil...

I don't wish bad things on many people, but I have to make the odd exception and here is one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Correct link:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4480682/Who-guilty-trashing-historic-club-like-Blackburn.html

Great article by Nick Harris.

"One afternoon in July 2011 my phone rings. It is Mrs Desai. 'Shall we buy Raul from Schalke in Germany?' she asks. The Spaniard was available, perhaps for nothing, on around £6m a year.

'If you don't trust your manager or CEO, get replacements you do trust to help,' I told her, not for the first time."

"So why was Mrs Rao asking me for transfer advice in the first place? Because her faith in highly-paid football 'experts' was destroyed within months.

Anderson was one advisor, talking openly about being based at the training ground through January 2011's transfer window. He had also been involved, for a fee, in the introduction of Venky's to the Jack Walker Trust in 2010.

Separately, the day that takeover was complete, a contract came into play whereby Kentaro provided Venky's with 'consultancy services' including the hiring and firing of managers and players.

By spring 2011, Venky's believed they'd taken the wrong path. Anderson was put 'on the outside' and Venky's kept Kean on but embarked on a bitter secret legal dispute against Kentaro."

"In March 2011 the FA had written asking who was running Blackburn. The Rovers secretary, Andrew Pincher, wrote to the FA's head of integrity, David Newton, to disclose the Kentaro contract.

Pincher also confided to the FA that Venky's received consultancy services on their takeover from Brunei-based firm Crescendo Sports Limited. He wrote: 'An officer of SEM Limited, Jerome Anderson, has a connection with Crescendo.' 

Anderson's alleged involvement was a potential conflict of interest if acting both for a potential buyer of a club and the seller. He denied any link to Crescendo or any involvement in Kentaro's contract with Venky's.

The FA considered whether Anderson contravened regulations prohibiting agents from influencing club affairs. He denied the sacking of Sam Allardyce and hiring of Kean were his ideas, and said the signing of SEM players including his son, Myles, were nothing to do with him."

"As Blackburn were relegated to the Championship in 2012, Mrs Desai trusted nobody but employees from home. One of them, a trainee hatcheries manager, was even sent to France to knock on club doors to inquire about transfer targets, in order to avoid rip-off agents. The ploy failed."

It's no wonder they now have a bit of faith in TM and the gang and reading those kind of things you almost feel a bit sorry for Mrs D but then again you remember Kean.  I'm pretty convinced the brothers came over for that Wigan game to sack him and she intervened at the 11th hour and granted him a new contract to head them off.  She made her own nest there.

• Like 1

Great fighter Lewis top ten HW all timer although i was never totally keen on him in or out the ring but knowing he was represented by Anderson makes me even less keen now.

No wonder he was a pal of big Barrys, i wonder if the tantric one counted Akon as a client as well !

Not sure how much Bury are in debt but it seems a figure of around £2m is being banded about as being initially required to keep the club’s head above water. Thereafter, the additional debt would have to be structured accordingly by any incoming owner. 

With there being twenty clubs in the Premier League, that’s a paltry £100k each to dip into their pockets and keep Bury FC afloat. Absolute peanuts and as money very clearly does not filter down to the lower leagues as it should, it ought to be a given that the PL clubs help out.

Bury was my first away game back in 1967. Rovers won 2-1 in front of over 15k. How Bury would wish for those sort of gates nowadays. Never going to happen of course but let’s hope they pull through this evening.

• Like 1

Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

Not sure how much Bury are in debt but it seems a figure of around £2m is being banded about as being initially required to keep the club’s head above water. Thereafter, the additional debt would have to be structured accordingly by any incoming owner. 

With there being twenty clubs in the Premier League, that’s a paltry £100k each to dip into their pockets and keep Bury FC afloat. Absolute peanuts and as money very clearly does not filter down to the lower leagues as it should, it ought to be a given that the PL clubs help out.

Bury was my first away game back in 1967. Rovers won 2-1 in front of over 15k. How Bury would wish for those sort of gates nowadays. Never going to happen of course but let’s hope they pull through this evening.

They need £2m by midnight tonight but how long will that last them?

Not sure that it’s down to other clubs to keep them going. Always the fans that get hit the hardest though.

Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

Prem clubs get the majority of their money through TV rights. You could therefore argue Sky, who show EFL games, should bail them out.

Ultimately its not the responsibility of Sky or the other clubs, but with the eye watering amount of money in modern football, £2mill is a small amount for a league one club to fold over.

Edited by Hasta

• Backroom

£2m is less than we paid for Leon fucking Best. 

With that said, a condition of any bailout would have to be a strict overview of Bury's finances going forward and the installation of a new board to oversee those arrangements. That would obviously be difficult if not impossible to achieve. The alternative is bailing them out and then watching them sink again. 

Staggering that it's gotten to this stage. 

• Like 1

Agree that clubs bailing out other clubs sets a dangerous precedent and probably also why the authorities are reluctant as football being football and full of the chancers it is the piss will start to be took before long.  If there are handouts of any kind on offer suddenly there are plenty of hands wanting to grab a piece and not all very genuine.

Having said that 2 million in the wider football community is a morsel and if this was West Ham or someone of that ilk someone would slap the money down even just for the publicity of a good deed.

Think you've got to look at Neville, Scholes and crews like that pouring money into essentially starting new clubs and looking to SKY on the back of their profiles and influence to back it to the hilt with live games.  Perhaps the likes of them should look closer to home and get involved in ready made historical clubs like Bury etc.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, DE. said:

£2m is less than we paid for Leon fucking Best. 

With that said, a condition of any bailout would have to be a strict overview of Bury's finances going forward and the installation of a new board to oversee those arrangements. That would obviously be difficult if not impossible to achieve. The alternative is bailing them out and then watching them sink again. 

Staggering that it's gotten to this stage. 

We paid more for Leon Best?. Makes our last two $5million signings a mere bagatelle ??

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

What happened to Coventry and Stockport was a disgrace. Nothing changes. Blackpool were fortunate to have Belokon and he failed the fit and proper test. Legislation is needed on football governance but the Tories won't do it.

That's right. Blame the Tories. It's their fault for everything, including fires in the Amazon.

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Hang on, I vote Tory but they won't intervene. Legislation is needed.

No government of this country of whatever colour is going to intervene in football matters. It's up to the football authorities. But they seem to be inept. Par for the course with regard to many things in this country.

• Like 1

Our "owners" own an abandoned mansion in Bolton worth more than Bury need to survive. Your season ticket money pays the bloke who cuts the lawn every day and polishes the gold taps.

Football is perverse compared to the game we fell in love with in the days when all you needed was a ball and a few jumpers.

• Like 8

It does make one wonder is this is the start of the collapse of the 92 team football pyramid (72 in the EFL).

Would the EFL care if this became 60 teams? If they were to replace teams en masse with National League teams the would have to greatly lower the standards.

Would it really have been so abhorrent for someone to buy both Bury and Bolton and create a joint entity? I expect the tribal nature of football means that fans would rather their club became extinct than join forces. They could do well to read about Caledonian Thistle (ironically celebrating their 25th anniversary this month). They did just that and are competing in the second tier in Scotland with Terry Butcher as manager.

Imagine being a Bury fan this evening. It’s like the last 10 minutes in a must win game to stay in the league and you are 2-0 down, and you are praying for a goal and another 7 minutes of injury time.

But instead of a football match, the entire club is at stake...

Looking like they might have a buyer...

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Our "owners" own an abandoned mansion in Bolton worth more than Bury need to survive. Your season ticket money pays the bloke who cuts the lawn every day and polishes the gold taps.

Football is perverse compared to the game we fell in love with in the days when all you needed was a ball and a few jumpers.

Did they buy Neville's old house?