BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton Wanderers Unpaid Staff Need Food bank.

I'm not sure what they are actually boycotting against it's not like they are trying to get rid of an owner they hate is it ?

Contributing to busting their own club now i'd like to think if Rovers were in the same position we'd get a few thousand more on.  They'd be the first lot to screech 'shite support' so they deserve some stick but no doubt Chorley might benefit a little bit as will the boozers in Bolton/Horwich and Chorley when they are all in there watching Man U and Liverpool instead.

Every credit and respect to the ones turning up regularly though.

• Like 1

Like I said the other week, clubs like Bolton are not going to get 10,000 people buying match tickets every week.

I bet a good percentage of that 4,000 were folk that always walk on, with the vast majority of long standing season ticket holders not bothering.

11 hours ago, JHRover said:

The way I read it was that if there's no sign of progress by 5pm Tuesday then they will 'consider' lifting the currently suspended 2 week membership withdrawal notice period.

Think the League have to give a club a minimum of 2 weeks notice of being kicked out. Bolton havent yet had that because of administration which means the notice is suspended until ownership is resolved. Bury had it 2 weeks ago so nothing stopping them kicking Bury out. The Bolton one will rumble on a while yet. I'd be interested to know how Bolton provided proof of funding to start the season in administration when Bury haven't been allowed to play due to a lack of proof of funds.

I maybe wrong but didn't the PFA get involved .....Bolton appear to be getting preferential treatment over Bury , probably because they are a far bigger club and more importantly ex Premier league ....EFL must be praying someone steps in soon , cos the knock effect could decimate the league!!

13 hours ago, DE. said:

Can't remember now, but it always stuck with me due to the sheer absurdity of it. I also recall his England u21 caps & captaincy being brought up regularly in defence of him, although that side included the likes of Jason Steele and Nathan Delfouneso...

Lowe was often referred to as "a scapegoat" by many, but as is usually the case - it was more that he was just rubbish and if you took your blue-and-white specs off that was painfully obvious. 

I'm no fan of Lowe, but I would be curious to see how he'd perform for a League One or Two club that isn't a basketcase like Bolton. No way is he Championship standard, but I thought it was an interesting debate whether he is actually is worthy of a spot on a pro football team. I've argued he'd probably be fine for a lower league club, which is a fairly impressive accomplishment for such a naturally unskilled player! Although considering he hasn't already jumped ship from Bolton, perhaps that's a sign he doesn't even have any other League One/Two clubs after him...

(I'll put my hand up and admit I was once curious to see if he could thrive at RB after a couple decent performances there. Then, I can't forget the exact game, but it was Lowe at RB and either Marshall or Conway at RW, and it was hilarious to see how incompetently he tried supporting them on the attack. You could just see the frustration on Marshall/Conway's face as Lowe sabotaged attack after attack... despite plenty of effort on Lowe's part of course haha...)

• Backroom
Just now, RoverCanada said:

I'm no fan of Lowe, but I would be curious to see how he'd perform for a League One or Two club that isn't a basketcase like Bolton. No way is he Championship standard, but I thought it was an interesting debate whether he is actually is worthy of a spot on a pro football team. I've argued he'd probably be fine for a lower league club, which is a fairly impressive accomplishment for such a naturally unskilled player! Although considering he hasn't already jumped ship from Bolton, perhaps that's a sign he doesn't even have any other League One/Two clubs after him...

(I'll put my hand up and admit I was once curious to see if he could thrive at RB after a couple decent performances there. Then, I can't forget the exact game, but it was Lowe at RB and either Marshall or Conway at RW, and it was hilarious to see how incompetently he tried supporting them on the attack. You could just see the frustration on Marshall/Conway's face as Lowe sabotaged attack after attack... despite plenty of effort on Lowe's part of course haha...)

He's an athlete so could probably do a job for a lower to mid table L1 club. We've already seen in Smallwood what a decent top six level L1 midfielder looks like and he was streets ahead of Lowe in every respect. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

It's really looking bleak now. Administrators saying there's no money left to keep trading, so the club will begin to be wound up on Wednesday unless somebody budges before then. It's almost certain that the EFL will serve Bolton their 14 day notice tomorrow at this point. 

The sale collapsed Saturday morning. With no apparent sign of any other bidder the administrator has no option but liquidation following the inevitable expulsion of Bolton tomorrow.

They are our nearest neighbour and Bury is not that far away.

What are we going to do to make those who want to be welcome at Ewood?

• Like 2

• Backroom

The brinksmanship may have gone too far. Even if all parties get back to the table the clock is now ticking and from tomorrow Bolton will be on notice as being expelled from the league. It sounds like both the EFL and the administrators have run out of patience and unless something is sorted out by Wednesday the club will begin to shut down. Once that process starts it will make things far more difficult for any prospective owner coming in. 

• Backroom
Just now, AggyBlue said:

Don't the EFL have to give them two weeks notice to expel them from the league, I've heard that won't happen until Wednesday.

I'd be very surprised if they don't get saved.

5PM tomorrow is the deadline, same as Bury. They will then receive a 14 day notice.

That isn't the major issue though. The problem is that the administrators have said there is no money left and they will begin shutting the club down on Wednesday if there is no progress. Bolton could well be gone before the EFL's 14 day notice even expires.

• Like 1

• Backroom

A post from somebody on the Bolton forum who they seem to think is ITK:

As mentioned in the admin statement everything was in place to go

Press releases typed, emails to staff ready to send

Sharon Brittan was planning to attend

Arrangements had been made to have a bit of a do for the staff after the game

Then from Ken's side, they get word that ' FV will need to cover the costs of an upcoming court case involving Anderson'

That's as much as I know

Whether that count case is the bassini one, I don't know

Whether FV know if it's the Bassini one, equally I don't know

But that's the hold up, nothing else

Unless something has happened since saturday afternoon

And nobody needs to tell me it doesn't make sense

Sense or not, it's the truth

• Backroom

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/a-statement-on-behalf-of-paul-appleton-joint-administrator-for-bolton-wanderers/

The administrator basically confirming it is FV or bust. Our good friend Alan Nixon has been peddling rumours of a second buyer but it appears to be bullshit. Shocking I know.

Edited by DE.

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/a-statement-on-behalf-of-paul-appleton-joint-administrator-for-bolton-wanderers/

The administrator basically confirming it is FV or bust. Our good friend Alan Nixon has been peddling rumours of a second buyer but it appears to be bullshit. Shocking I know.

I am not ITK but I would wager Nixon's number 2 is Bassini recycled like a bad penny.

Rovers management should be preparing for the collapse of one or both.