BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton Wanderers Unpaid Staff Need Food bank.

39 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Jim White is putting on his best faux concerned face. Like Count Dracula.

In a sport full of compete tosspots he’s got to be right up there.

No sensitivity at all. Even when they give issues like this their full attention they treat it as light entertainment. Yet the day Ferguson drops dead it will be eulogy after eulogy for a vile bully who hated Jack Walker and represents everything what's wrong with football. Attacks on Dale (who has lukaemia anyway so at his age it might not be worth it) or in Bolton's case Anderson, etc wouldn't get much attention either. So what they should do at Bolton/Bury is go after those figures who the media eulogise and don't deserve any of it. Get revenge that way by taking out one of their heroes.

Edited by Vinjay17

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Yet the day Ferguson drops dead it will be eulogy after eulogy for a vile bully who represents everything what's wrong with football...So what they should do at Bolton/Bury is go after those figures who the media eulogise and don't deserve any of it. Get revenge that way.

What on earth are you rambling on about?

Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

What on earth are you rambling on about?

OK they should do nothing. Even if the clubs go out of business they should just reform and look to get back to the league that expelled them. Do nothing to get back at Sky making a mockery out of people's lifes with countdown clocks. Is that what you want to hear?

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

OK they should do nothing. Even if the clubs go out of business they should just reform and look to get back to the league that expelled them. Do nothing to get back at Sky making a mockery out of people's lifes with countdown clocks. Is that what you want to hear?

You’re rambling again 

4 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

No sensitivity at all. Even when they give issues like this their full attention they treat it as light entertainment. Yet the day Ferguson drops dead it will be eulogy after eulogy for a vile bully who hated Jack Walker and represents everything what's wrong with football. Attacks on Dale (who has lukaemia anyway so at his age it might not be worth it) or in Bolton's case Anderson, etc wouldn't get much attention either. So what they should do at Bolton/Bury is go after those figures who the media eulogise and don't deserve any of it. Get revenge that way by taking out one of their heroes.

?

You want Rovers to set up shop in Bolton town centre in a soulless attempt to gain a few fans and now you're complaining people aren't being sensitive?

• Like 1

Just now, davulsukur said:

?

You want Rovers to set up shop in Bolton town centre in a soulless attempt to gain a few fans and now you're complaining people aren't being sensitive?

Touche but I didn't use exactly those words. It would be a bit more sensitive than "setting up shop" as you put it. The point is since there's a considerable number of people on the database from Preston the situation might be the same in Bolton. So from that standpoint it would make sense to market there regardless. Plus United won't have any scruples about the situation and targeting the youth of Bolton or people who just want to see league football. I suppose City won't be ignoring the area either.

Honestly I don't think Bolton will go out of business anyway. Bury on the other hand...

Edited by Vinjay17

40 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

It’s not a case of what I want to hear, I’m simply trying to work out what you’re trying to say lol. I understand your comments re the countdown clocks at Sky. I too think they’re deplorable. 

You said earlier, “what they should do at Bolton/Bury is go after those figures who the media eulogise and don’t deserve any of it. Get revenge that way.” What exactly do you mean here, in plain English?

27 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Touche but I didn't use exactly those words. It would be a bit more sensitive than "setting up shop" as you put it. The point is since there's a considerable number of people on the database from Preston the situation might be the same in Bolton. So from that standpoint it would make sense to market there regardless. Plus United won't have any scruples about the situation and targeting the youth of Bolton or people who just want to see league football. I suppose City won't be ignoring the area either.

Honestly I don't think Bolton will go out of business anyway. Bury on the other hand...

Two clubs on the brink of destruction and you want us to start headhunting there? How many of these mourning fans are going to just shrug and say 'okay then'? Let the dust settle.

Catching up with this thread, it's occurred to me that the collateral damage of the Bolton debacle may fall more widely than people may be aware.

I have a standing order to the lottery for Derian House Childrens' Hospice in Chorley, which 'piggybacks' on the Wanderers' equivalent of Rovers Readies - it always bugged me that when I won a couple of quid that my prize came in a BWFC-franked envelope!

If Wanderers do go out of business, I'm guessing that the lottery could well fold, with possible consequences for the Hospice.

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

As much as I want both clubs to survive these EFL deadlines are a bit pointless really.

It's getting a bit silly now. At some point you have to draw the line. I want both clubs to survive as well but extending the deadline again is just giving a few trye kickers a bit more road. "This is the final deadline guys, we really mean it this time!" - a week later - "okay since you're so close, one more extension, but this is REALLY the last deadline!" ... and so on. 

• Like 1

Just now, frosty said:

Bury have been expelled.

How terribly sad. Rovers going bust would be like losing a limb.

I don't want to make this like a Monty Python line, but for some of us - especially on here? - it would be worse than that.

"You've only lost one limb, lad? That's nothing!"

Seriously, I know that many others on here have been watching This Great Club Of Ours for 60+ years and couldn't imagine life without it in our lives.

Besides, I've still not yet bought a tile outside the Blackburn End commemorating my Dad, who initiated me into the faith in 1953 - the first match I can remember watching, although he says he brought me to games before then. Nor, seeing as I've no children, have I yet been so vain to buy a tile with my own details on.

The reaction in the Bolton takeover is going to be interesting. If Bolton and the potential buyers felt expulsion was little more than a threat they now know the reality.

I know nothing about insolvency other than I believe it is illegal to trade when knowingly insolvent. Surely this puts the administrators in an impossible situation? It's been stated there is no money and liquidation may have to start today. Presumably an administrator dare not break the law so unless one of the "buyers*" stumps up cash to run the club today the liquidation process must start and the weekend fixture be cancelled.

I say "buyers*" as I feel it has to questioned whether or not any of the bidders truly want to own Bolton Wanderers? It's very likely Bolton will be relegated so financially it cannot possibly make sense.

Alongside all the other questions a big one has to be what is the true motivation behind buying a small football club likely to be in League 2 next season?

• Like 1