BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton Wanderers Unpaid Staff Need Food bank.

That's the way iv'e read it now after Nixon bleats about the latest superfan wanting to rescue them between the lines he's been after full control of the hotel for ages.

Seems in Bolton ... well Horwich you buy a big hotel and a decimated football club comes with it not the other way around.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 47er said:

The answer for English football is the German model, community-owned, low ticket prices, big crowds and international success.

But it will never happen in ultra-capitalist Britain. Sadly.

A very interesting and thought provoking post 47er...dont think you are far off the mark.It's all about the coin now and feck to everthing else.

• Like 1

They have a fighting chance now which is good but i think it'll resemble their 80's era again rattling around in the bottom divisions for a while a bit Pompey style.

Ken Anderson all along doing the shithousing what a vile creature i hope he goes bust.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

Statement by administrator condemning Ken Anderson. No mention of Bassini by name. Credit also given to the Eddie Davies Trust who are said to have done everything possible to help. If true much unlike others who catered to countless whims of a greedy, selfish family.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/statement-on-behalf-of-david-rubin--partners-administrators-for-bolton-wanderers3/

Edited by Vinjay17
  • Like 2

Some heartbreaking interviews on NW Tonight outside Gigg Lane. Normal down to earth football fans who have followed their club their entire lives. Would have been easy to catch the bus to the Etihad or Old Trafford but stick to their local team. Terrible shame.

Hopefully now they regroup and rebuild under transparent ownership. The least the authorities should be doing is ensuring that Gigg Lane isn't demolished and built on and is preserved as a football ground for the phoenix club. Doubt that will happen as the suits will have their claws into that for housing in no time.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

The least the authorities should be doing is ensuring that Gigg Lane isn't demolished and built on and is preserved as a football ground for the phoenix club. Doubt that will happen as the suits will have their claws into that for housing in no time.

It was mentioned on here earlier today that there is a covenant on the Gigg Lane site that it has to be used for sports purposes, so that would rule out a sale to a housing developer.

Could the council not take over the debt, have ownership of the stadium transferred to it and then lease it back to the club? Obviously, C & N (or some other buyer) could then step in with a completely clean slate. The lease back arrangement happened with Leeds and Elland Road a few years back.

Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

It was mentioned on here earlier today that there is a covenant on the Gigg Lane site that it has to be used for sports purposes, so that would rule out a sale to a housing developer.

Could the council not take over the debt, have ownership of the stadium transferred to it and then lease it back to the club? Obviously, C & N (or some other buyer) could then step in with a completely clean slate. The lease back arrangement happened with Leeds and Elland Road a few years back.

Would you want your council tax to go up to take on the debt management of a football club though? And one that is no longer in the football league?

Just now, Stuart said:

Would you want your council tax to go up to take on the debt management of a football club though? And one that is no longer in the football league?

Simple answer is no. However, the council could be savvy here. Rather than stumping up the amount in full, in practice they could effectively borrow the money from the government at low interest rates and then tailor their lease with Bury FC accordingly. One payment in, one payment out. No real need to increase council tax. That’s rather simplistic, I know but Leeds and their council managed it.

It surely wouldn’t work if Bury were to definitely lose their league status as they then wouldn’t be able to fund such a scheme. However, if they were to successfully appeal the EFL’s decision and win, who knows?

• Like 2

Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

Simple answer is no. However, the council could be savvy here. Rather than stumping up the amount in full, in practice they could effectively borrow the money from the government at low interest rates and then tailor their lease with Bury FC accordingly. One payment in, one payment out. No real need to increase council tax. That’s rather simplistic, I know but Leeds and their council managed it.

It surely wouldn’t work if Bury were to definitely lose their league status as they then wouldn’t be able to fund such a scheme. However, if they were to successfully appeal the EFL’s decision and win, who knows?

It will be very interesting to see if they are able to appeal. I’m suspicious that after weeks of issues the new buyer is able to come in so late (too late) which makes me question their motives. Moreover I’d question their ability to actually deliver, which is probably what the EFL did.

I guess we will find out but I can’t see it at this stage.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

I think I remember reading that Coventry's council did something like this and made a packet off it?

Encouraging for us that Bolton have been saved at the last minute. People have always speculated that we are totally dependent on Venkys for survival and have assumed that once they pulled out we would be finished. No-one could take us on with debts of our size.

Bolton's survival should give us heart in that respect.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Must’ve been you that didn’t get it...

They only survived because the Davies Family took another huge hit through their trust so that Anderson didn't.

After Rovers' experience of Jack's family utterly resenting his involvement with Rovers, Bolton can be immensely grateful to Davies and all his family.

• Like 1