BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton Wanderers Unpaid Staff Need Food bank.

Which was always a strong possibility to occur going off their track record. Many on here said a late deal would be struck.

You need to stop being so patronising to other posters when it comes to such matters as you get as much wrong as right yourself.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, tomphil said:

They have a fighting chance now which is good but i think it'll resemble their 80's era again rattling around in the bottom divisions for a while a bit Pompey style.

Ken Anderson all along doing the shithousing what a vile creature i hope he goes bust.

Anderson looks like a bad ‘un doesn’t he. 

We shouldn’t be surprised though because I reckon all Anderson’s in football are bad ‘uns. You have Ken, then you have Jerome. Myles was bloody useless as was Anders.

out with the Andersons.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, den said:

Anderson looks like a bad ‘un doesn’t he. 

We shouldn’t be surprised though because I reckon all Anderson’s in football are bad ‘uns. You have Ken, then you have Jerome. Myles was bloody useless as was Anders.

out with the Andersons.

About the same size but he was no Ronnie Hildersley !

49 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

For Bolton's sake I hope the new owners have no connection with Jerome, otherwise their lack of players may mean Myles will turn up and play.

Myles is currently playing for Hartlepool, he turned out at the weekend against Chorley.

19 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Statement by administrator condemning Ken Anderson. No mention of Bassini by name. Credit also given to the Eddie Davies Trust who are said to have done everything possible to help. If true much unlike others who catered to countless whims of a greedy, selfish family.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/statement-on-behalf-of-david-rubin--partners-administrators-for-bolton-wanderers3/

Speaking of "that other trust" I've found some information connecting them and Philip Green (of BHS infamy) to someone operating a ponzi scheme.

https://www.casemine.com/judgement/uk/5b46f2162c94e0775e7f210b

• Backroom

What are the chances the dropped games will be forgotten about with no further punishment now?

Should be a minimum of another 6 points off for the two games postponed  

• Backroom
4 hours ago, Tom said:

What are the chances the dropped games will be forgotten about with no further punishment now?

Should be a minimum of another 6 points off for the two games postponed  

It's looking that way. I'm sure the excuse will be that they want to help the new owners settle in and stabilise Bolton, but it ultimately sets a precedent that can and I imagine will be brought up going forward when similar situations arise. 

People might argue that it doesn't matter because they are going down anyway but I don't agree. Bolton are the sort of club that even on a limited budget will be able to bring in good quality League One players. Certainly better than what Stanley and Wimbledon can afford. A half decent manager along with a feel good factor of new ownership and they could survive at the expense of other clubs. Can imagine trouble will come then. 

28 minutes ago, DE. said:

It's looking that way. I'm sure the excuse will be that they want to help the new owners settle in and stabilise Bolton, but it ultimately sets a precedent that can and I imagine will be brought up going forward when similar situations arise. 

If we get to Xmas and have injuries and suspensions and don't fancy throwing the youngsters in we could simply inform the opposition that we aren't playing and will be postponing the game. The League cannot allow that to go unpunished.

Just now, JHRover said:

People might argue that it doesn't matter because they are going down anyway but I don't agree. Bolton are the sort of club that even on a limited budget will be able to bring in good quality League One players. Certainly better than what Stanley and Wimbledon can afford. A half decent manager along with a feel good factor of new ownership and they could survive at the expense of other clubs. Can imagine trouble will come then. 

And it would set a dangerous precedent if they go unpunished.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

I expect if Bolton finish fourth bottom and survive by 1 point (and as a direct result of Bury being expelled) then the third bottom team would have a just cause to be very upset.

They must punish Bolton in the same way as any team would be under normal circumstances. Otherwise there is a precedent set for clubs to cancel games whenever they feel it necessary. Boro were de facto relegated because they postponed a single match since the three points deducted would have seen then survive.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/25/football-clubs-condemned-to-relegation-by-points-deductions

• Like 6

Just now, Stuart said:

I expect if Bolton finish fourth bottom and survive by 1 point (and as a direct result of Bury being expelled) then the third bottom team would have a just cause to be very upset.

They must punish Bolton in the same way as any team would be under normal circumstances. Otherwise there is a precedent set for clubs to cancel games whenever they feel it necessary. Boro were de facto relegated because they postponed a single match since the three points deducted would have seen then survive.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/25/football-clubs-condemned-to-relegation-by-points-deductions

...and had Rovers been awarded those points (and the club did try) other clubs would have had a legitimate gripe. The Bolton matches that have been postponed should be played at a later date even if points are still deducted for the failure to make original dates.

Anyway you never know with butterfly effects. If any of their first team players were able to play in that original fixture they might have broken their leg or something. Who knows?