BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton Wanderers Unpaid Staff Need Food bank.

Interesting to see Boltons fans reactions (elation being the main one) on social media to some absolute dross from well beneath the bottom of the barrel that they have signed.

I make that comment totally aware of the situation they have been, and are in at the moment, so of course even being able to sign 9 players in a day and be able to piece together some senior players and actually have a side to watch is all that matters.

Liam Bridcutt on a short term loan and the ageing Darryl Murphy are probably the highlights, the likes of Chris O'Grady and Joe Bunney very much low lights.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Interesting to see Boltons fans reactions (elation being the main one) on social media to some absolute dross from well beneath the bottom of the barrel that they have signed.

I make that comment totally aware of the situation they have been, and are in at the moment, so of course even being able to sign 9 players in a day and be able to piece together some senior players and actually have a side to watch is all that matters.

Liam Bridcutt on a short term loan and the ageing Darryl Murphy are probably the highlights, the likes of Chris O'Grady and Joe Bunney very much low lights.

Joe Bunney was with Hill at Rochdale. Leagues 1 or 2 is his level so wouldn't call it dross 

54 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Bare in mind a week fans didn't have a club tbh and alot of fans will be happy to be games supporting their club. wouldn't you be the same if that was our club? 

Plus bare in mind Bolton league position and that fact they are likely to go down. And Most important their financial position where they aren't going to be paying big daft wages anymore. 

Bridcutt is the best signing they made today but Crawford and Emmanuel are good signings at this level. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Even we got excited about some signings when we were under embargo and still giving championship contracts to league 1 dross. 

It's the hope....

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bare in mind a week fans didn't have a club tbh and alot of fans will be happy to be games supporting their club. wouldn't you be the same if that was our club? 

Plus bare in mind Bolton league position and that fact they are likely to go down. And Most important their financial position where they aren't going to be paying big daft wages anymore. 

Bridcutt is the best signing they made today but Crawford and Emmanuel are good signings at this level. 

As I said, I fully understand the situation but id be amazed if the players they brought in have the quality to sustain a serious attempt at survival. Of course they will be delighted to have a team to watch, but we have just gone into September, theres no point accepting relegation at this early stage.

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Even we got excited about some signings when we were under embargo and still giving championship contracts to league 1 dross. 

It's the hope....

Absolutely, hope is the main thing for a football fan! Ultimately, and quite rightfully, the fact they are remaining as a going concern will no longer be satisfactory and they will want to be as competitive as soon as possible.

As I said, I fully understand the situation but id be amazed if the players they brought in have the quality to sustain a serious attempt at survival. Of course they will be delighted to have a team to watch, but we have just gone into September, theres no point accepting relegation at this early stage.

Do you really understand the full situation? 

We are in September and the best free agents have gone. Who are out there could they have got? 

Bolton arent going to spending any cash on cash transfers are they after being so close to being shut down. 

If they stay up then its miracle simple as. Keith Hill would deserve manager of the year

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Do you really understand the full situation? 

We are in September and the best free agents have gone. Who are out there could they have got? 

Bolton arent going to spending any cash on cash transfers are they after being so close to being shut down. 

If they stay up then its miracle simple as. Keith Hill would deserve manager of the year

Yes I do, stop being so patronising. 

My point is not that they could have splashed out on big names, I am well aware that they are fishing beneath the bottom of the barrel. All I was saying is that the standard of signing is very poor, and that it shows how soon it us after potential oblivion that they are in any way happy with them.

They should strive to survive in League 1 this season, theres no point accepting relegation 6 games in. A huge and difficult task but that league is shite so you never know, if they have no hope they may aswell have accepted their fate last week.

My point is not that they could have splashed out on big names, I am well aware that they are fishing beneath the bottom of the barrel. All I was saying is that the standard of signing is very poor, and that it shows how soon it us after potential oblivion that they are in any way happy with them.

They should strive to survive in League 1 this season, theres no point accepting relegation 6 games in. A huge and difficult task but that league is shite so you never know, if they have no hope they may aswell have accepted their fate last week.

Who were you expecting them to sign? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Who were you expecting them to sign? 

You seem to have taken my point as if I am slagging off their recruitment. It was a simple point that the players they have signed IMO will not keep them up which HAS to be their next expectation now that their immediate future has been secured. And also how grateful their fans are to literally sign a massive batch of journeyman and no marks. Im not saying that they are wrong to be grateful because they didnt have a team last week.

You seem to have taken my point as if I am slagging off their recruitment. It was a simple point that the players they have signed IMO will not keep them up which HAS to be their next expectation now that their immediate future has been secured. And also how grateful their fans are to literally sign a massive batch of journeyman and no marks. Im not saying that they are wrong to be grateful because they didnt have a team last week.

You say you arent slagging off their recruitment but then next comment you say the players signed wont keep them up? So which one is it roversfan99?.

Any names who they could of sign instead of who they did? 

Speaking to 2 friends who support Bolton they are just happy to have a club to support and games to attend and kids can support. Can you imagine if that was Blackburn Rovers going through what Bolton have been through what would your reaction be? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Looking at their forum and Bolton News comments, a fair few DO think they can now survive.

Hope springs eternal and all that, but bringing in largely run of the mill third division plodders will mean that will be some feat from where they are... though the EFL will surely help them out, as they have gone very quiet on any further point deductions.

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You say you arent slagging off their recruitment but then next comment you say the players signed wont keep them up? So which one is it roversfan99?.

Any names who they could of sign instead of who they did? 

Speaking to 2 friends who support Bolton they are just happy to have a club to support and games to attend and kids can support. Can you imagine if that was Blackburn Rovers going through what Bolton have been through what would your reaction be? 

Come off it Chaddy---- over the top! For a start they are 11 points behind, a reasonable comment to make------they won't be enough to save them will they?

That's not slagging off, its common sense.

• Like 1

Exactly, of course there is a reason they are fishing through the bargain bin, I am not saying they should have signed x, y and z as I am well aware that they are having to sign a squad full of players with very little money at all.

Obviously theres no point being permanently content purely with being a going concern either. Theyve in the last few days appointed a new manager and signed 9 new players so the next expectation presumably to have a good go at staying in the league. You want that hope and to be watching your team for a reason, if they decide now they are going down and literally all that matters is being able to watch then whats the point? And why sign loads of experienced, ageing players on short term deals if all that matters is having their club back?

As you imply @47er of course it is a very difficult task but I definitely thing it isnt impossible, they will probably need around 60 points from 40 games so not far off play off form. I just dont think the players they have signed are top half League 1 players and even if they gel quickly, thats the sort of form they will need to show over the course of the season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Looking at their forum and Bolton News comments, a fair few DO think they can now survive.

Hope springs eternal and all that, but bringing in largely run of the mill third division plodders will mean that will be some feat from where they are... though the EFL will surely help them out, as they have gone very quiet on any further point deductions.

If another team were to get relegated instead of Bolton, you would imagine that club making some big complaints. My guess is that the EFL are hoping Bolton do go down.  

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 47er said:

Come off it Chaddy---- over the top! For a start they are 11 points behind, a reasonable comment to make------they won't be enough to save them will they?

That's not slagging off, its common sense.

I'm with Chaddy on this one.

They are 15 points from safety and only had two professional players last week. Surely this week was about getting in some senior players in order to be able to complete the season.

If it was us who had come through that situation, would you be striving and hoping to survive in league one? Would you be sat here saying the players we had signed were rubbish, and that we should have been more ambitious?

• Like 1

Just now, Hasta said:

I'm with Chaddy on this one.

They are 15 points from safety and only had two professional players last week. Surely this week was about getting in some senior players in order to be able to complete the season.

If it was us who had come through that situation, would you be striving and hoping to survive in league one? Would you be sat here saying the players we had signed were rubbish, and that we should have been more ambitious?

No one has said anything like that last sentence?!

It goes without saying that the main priority was keeping the club going. The fans wanted a competitive club and now they will want things like every other fan. To judge the new manager, to choose which players they would play, to berate the striker who missed an open net, to cheer the goal to get them their first win.

The "should have been more ambitious line" is you twisting what has been aaid though. I just merely commented that the players they have signed in the main are of poor quality, OGrady and Bunney in particular, in terms of battling for survival, baring in mind the deduction means they will need play off standard form, or close to. Obviously they are left with the last dances at the disco, with nothing to build on and no money.

I think as a Bolton fan, obviously Id be relieved and over the moon to have a club to watch. But id also be gutted if I was a fan and they went down.

I've tried my best but have been unable to find anything about this Sharon Brittan, her business background or wealth. Quite where she's got the tens of millions needed to settle Bolton's debts and rebuild them over a number of years is a mystery. 

Interestingly there appears to be nothing on this subject on the Bolton News at any point since they were linked with a takeover. You'd think after what happened with Anderson that there would be an analysis of the new owners backgrounds.

There appears to be a consortium of sorts but none of those people seem to have football club owner levels of cash. 

Nonetheless they got the deal done, appointed a decent manager and assistant for their position. Hill is ideal for a club struggling in Leagues One and Two and good at unearthing talent on a budget. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they survive this season. Players like Daryl Murphy and Liam Bridcutt are potentially very good additions for a side at the bottom of the 3rd division. 

Edited by JHRover

Repayment in 4 years on low interest and needing god knows how much per year to service it and actually run the club from league 1 income and valueless squad ?

Just another stop gap by the sounds of it but they'd very little choice i'd wager.

What is it all secured against i wonder.

Just now, JHRover said:

I've tried my best but have been unable to find anything about this Sharon Brittan, her business background or wealth. Quite where she's got the tens of millions needed to settle Bolton's debts and rebuild them over a number of years is a mystery. 

Interestingly there appears to be nothing on this subject on the Bolton News at any point since they were linked with a takeover. You'd think after what happened with Anderson that there would be an analysis of the new owners backgrounds.

There appears to be a consortium of sorts but none of those people seem to have football club owner levels of cash. 

Nonetheless they got the deal done, appointed a decent manager and assistant for their position. Hill is ideal for a club struggling in Leagues One and Two and good at unearthing talent on a budget. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they survive this season. Players like Daryl Murphy and Liam Bridcutt are potentially very good additions for a side at the bottom of the 3rd division. 

Here is a link.

https://companycheck.co.uk/director/911487120/MRS-SHARON-BRITTAN/summary