BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton Wanderers Unpaid Staff Need Food bank.

Bolton will survive now. Only 3 places to climb above and Southend and Wimbledon are garbage. That's before Bolton add more players in January.

This outcome entirely predictable in the hands of the weak and spineless Football League. I just hope other clubs test them by kicking up a fuss or even copying Bolton and not fulfilling fixtures.

Conceivably in some rare cases it could help teams to not bother turning up for crucial games and take 3 points to the other team and a suspended punishment. 

The League once again do nothing and hope that everything will go quiet again.

Meanwhile clubs like Stanley could lose their 3rd tier status this season as a result and with it the crippling financial consequences.

Bolton will be celebrating at getting off scott free for their misdemeanors. And what's the point in an 18 month suspended sentence? Do they really think there's any chance of Bolton doing it again within the next 18 months?

Disgusting.

• Like 7

Yep I can see Bolton getting out of trouble now. 3 games in hand. Best form out of all the bottom sides.

Beat Stanley on Saturday and I can easily see Bolton staying up and Accy going down.

Whilst we don't want any clubs going out of business, the favouritism shown to them over Bury by the EFL is disgusting.

However, when our time comes (which it certainly will do) hopefully we get the same preferential treatment.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Bolton will survive now. Only 3 places to climb above and Southend and Wimbledon are garbage. That's before Bolton add more players in January.

This outcome entirely predictable in the hands of the weak and spineless Football League. I just hope other clubs test them by kicking up a fuss or even copying Bolton and not fulfilling fixtures.

Conceivably in some rare cases it could help teams to not bother turning up for crucial games and take 3 points to the other team and a suspended punishment. 

The League once again do nothing and hope that everything will go quiet again.

Meanwhile clubs like Stanley could lose their 3rd tier status this season as a result and with it the crippling financial consequences.

Bolton will be celebrating at getting off scott free for their misdemeanors. And what's the point in an 18 month suspended sentence? Do they really think there's any chance of Bolton doing it again within the next 18 months?

Disgusting.

That would be funny with that FUP dolt as owner. 

I used to have a lot of sympathy for Bolton’s plight (there but for the grace of God and all that) but reading bile like that makes me really hope they are relegated to L2.

Bury did their utmost to keep afloat while Bolton pushed the rules all the time. Now they are let off the hook for unilateral cancelling fixtures.

Integrity of the league? Don’t make me laugh. The EFL is a shambles and the FA don’t care.

• Like 6

Spineless by the FA. Opens a can of worms allowing anyone to miss games as they like. Also makes the Boro relegation after missing our game seem totally out of kilter with this ruling.n

Also I could be mistaken but I thought deferred meant it becomes actual if they do it again within a set period. So for the first game the penalty of deferment should count if they do within the next 2 years - or say within the next 2 months.

The integrity of the competition is destroyed. What if a team doesn't turn up to prevent the opposition getting 3 points to get into playoffs/out of relegation or to avoid a goal.differendr stubbing or the like? 

• Backroom

So they have no actual punishment and now face Doncaster with a completely new side and a much better one than if they played it at the time.

This is all for the benefit of Bolton whilst Bury got buried!

• Like 3

Just now, Tom said:

Just seen the football league are appealing it 

Looking forward to the fireworks from this one. Quite clear the League are fuming with the outcome of this 'panel' and will be pushing an appeal all the way. This will be because member clubs especially those in League One will be kicking up a fuss about it.

This isnt something that can be kicked into the long grass and be left for another year like Birmingham was. It needs dealing with quickly as the competition is being affected and teams will suffer the consequences over the rest of the season.

• Backroom
35 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

The integrity of the competition is destroyed. 

In fairness it was destroyed the moment Bolton were allowed to start the season in the state they were in. All of the games they played with their youth team were essentially a gimme 3 points for practically every team that played them. 

If they take any points from the Doncaster game and that proves to be vital come the end of the season, then there could be one almighty court battle. Cancelling that game and giving the reasons they did, was effectively saying, we know we will lose this, so we aren't prepared to play it just now. What if Rovers had decided 6 weeks ago to cancel a game, due to all the injuries we had? 

This can't be allowed to happen and to effectively have got away with it, is a joke. The least that should have happened is the forfeit the fixture, as o points could now be 3. 

• Like 2

Just now, lraC said:

If they take any points from the Doncaster game and that proves to be vital come the end of the season, then there could be one almighty court battle. Cancelling that game and giving the reasons they did, was effectively saying, we know we will lose this, so we aren't prepared to play it just now. What if Rovers had decided 6 weeks ago to cancel a game, due to all the injuries we had? 

This can't be allowed to happen and to effectively have got away with it, is a joke. The least that should have happened is the forfeit the fixture, as o points could now be 3. 

Imagine if (and I know Liverpool won) they decided not to play the City game recently to prevent them catching up on them. This is what the current ruling opens the door to. 

• Like 1

What happens if Ipswich go up on goal difference having had a walk in the park 5-0 win against Bolton or Tranmere stop up by a couple of points thanks to their walk over?

It goes way beyond just the Bolton/Doncaster scenario. It impacts just every team to varying degrees but particularly those competing for promotion or survival. 

As I've said before - we go to Luton at the end of the season. Let's say we are 3 points above Luton with a +3 goal difference. Luton need to beat us by 2 goals to stay up. We don't fancy the risk so simply don't turn up. Precedent says they award Luton 3 points like they did with Brentford last season. We stay up on goal difference and don't get punished.

Just now, JHRover said:

What happens if Ipswich go up on goal difference having had a walk in the park 5-0 win against Bolton or Tranmere stop up by a couple of points thanks to their walk over?

It goes way beyond just the Bolton/Doncaster scenario. It impacts just every team to varying degrees but particularly those competing for promotion or survival. 

As I've said before - we go to Luton at the end of the season. Let's say we are 3 points above Luton with a +3 goal difference. Luton need to beat us by 2 goals to stay up. We don't fancy the risk so simply don't turn up. Precedent says they award Luton 3 points like they did with Brentford last season. We stay up on goal difference and don't get punished.

Could the last game of the season be Bolton and Doncaster and Bolton needing to win etc?

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

There's a host of issues, even awarding the points to the other team is unfair on any other teams involved/surrounding the team's in question. Let's say in this situation there was a third team involved and they go down as Luton get the 3 points which they haven't earned. It wasn't a guarentee they'd get them if the match had been played so even this isn't representative/fair. 

The only way to ensure it doesn't happen is to severely punish the team missing the game. 

• Like 1