Jump to content
StubbsUK

Bolton Wanderers Unpaid Staff Need Food bank.

Recommended Posts

The debt might be some sort of tax dodge in India. "Oh I am sorry, we cannot pay the £300m income/corporate tax, we have this foreign asset that is £180m in debt and we have to pay millions to keep it going." 

As you can guess I'm not an expert in tax laws, but I can imagine there is some use in keeping Rovers despite the cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managed a 0-0 today despite having 5 shots to Coventry's 24. They are lucky the standard in League 1 is so poor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought they’d won after seeing Nixon and co saying how utterly amazing their result was, fair play to the young lads mind 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6,900 Bolton fans present and that was for an opening home game with a real novelty factor and loads of publicity.

I imagine well over half of their regular season ticket holders didn’t bother buying a ticket. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course. Point being if they don’t get STs on sale quick that kind of crowd will be as good as it gets, you just don’t get 10,000+ people buying tickets game by game for clubs like us and Bolton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

6,900 Bolton fans present and that was for an opening home game with a real novelty factor and loads of publicity.

I imagine well over half of their regular season ticket holders didn’t bother buying a ticket. 

 

As I’ve said before, pathetic fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So why are they boycotting anyway? Anderson's gone and Bassini is the one getting in the way of the Football Ventures takeover. Obviously attendances aren't likely to rise after relegation but who's left at the club to aim their ire at?

Manager Phil Parkinson (who seems to have focusing on team for most part and certainly they have needed focus there) has publicly urged Bassini to desist and leave the club alone. I've seen nothing about Bassini having the nerve to show up at the game even though he said he would (another lie) but perhaps the police banned him. 

Edited by Vinjay17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think there’s any talk of a boycott. On their forums it’s more about Churchilllian speeches about ‘now is the time your support counts’ and such like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I don’t think there’s any talk of a boycott. On their forums it’s more about Churchilllian speeches about ‘now is the time your support counts’ and such like.

Didn’t show it today then?

When will they get that further points deduction for not fulfilling that fixture last year?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh I forgot, they’re not poor old Bury are they. 

Edited by old darwen blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

So why are they boycotting anyway? Anderson's gone and Bassini is the one getting in the way of the Football Ventures takeover. Obviously attendances aren't likely to rise after relegation but who's left at the club to aim their ire at?

Manager Phil Parkinson (who seems to have focusing on team for most part and certainly they have needed focus there) has publicly urged Bassini to desist and leave the club alone. I've seen nothing about Bassini having the nerve to show up at the game even though he said he would (another lie) but perhaps the police banned him. 

Tickets were only on sale on Thursday for a matter of hours only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

Tickets were only on sale on Thursday for a matter of hours only.

No excuse.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

No excuse.  

Wow, you really hate Bolton!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Wow, you really hate Bolton!

To be honest Stu I wouldn’t feel half as strongly about it if it weren’t for what was happening to Bury. It’s just not fair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, old darwen blue said:

To be honest Stu I wouldn’t feel half as strongly about it if it weren’t for what was happening to Bury. It’s just not fair. 

Bury is continually overspending this is now there 3rd insolvency event from 2002.

Theyve overspent under Stewart day mortgaging gigg lane, social clubs to ripping punters of 9995k for parking spaces at the ground. Bury ran up a debt of 13 million in five years paying players 7 and 9 k a week in league one. It was a giant Ponzi scheme which the SFO are investigating especially the trails of bury, mederco, CBF, cashforassets. Etc

Mederco (days company) now has 3 sets of administrators on the case. They’ve sunk p2p company lendy for 27 million. Built 3 blocks of student apartments and each failed a fire survey for occupancy now meaning the tenants have been evicted this week.

https://bondreview.co.uk/2019/04/18/investment-schemes-run-by-former-bury-fc-chairman-collapse-administrator-predicts-total-losses-for-investors/

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/17727819.collapse-of-stewart-days-empire-creditors-could-be-owed-54m-/

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/18/bury-inside-story-financial-ruin-winding-up-petition-loans-car-park

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

No excuse.  

Indeed. Everyone has got a vibrating pocket these days, it's not the 1980s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Dave Richards has called Bassini a liar. Shock. No mention of Dave Sullivan or for that matter John Williams who Bassini claimed was on board also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a great result for Bassini in court today. 

I've read that the Bury owner Steve Dale has terminal leukaemia. It might be in remission at the moment but how do you threaten someone who's suffered severe illness that can return at any time. Maybe I watch Breaking Bad too much but what's more dangerous than someone who may have nothing to lose? Though I doubt anyone is going to actually kill him over his actions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.