BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton Wanderers Unpaid Staff Need Food bank.

• Backroom
Just now, Tom said:

Burys second game is now called off as well, they may never kick another ball I fear 

Bury are claiming they have funds in place and technically they seem to have more senior players available than Bolton, so I wonder what the sticking point is there?

• Backroom
56 minutes ago, DE. said:

Bury are claiming they have funds in place and technically they seem to have more senior players available than Bolton, so I wonder what the sticking point is there?

Not played in the top division recently, so may be expendable in the eyes of the FA and EFL.

2 hours ago, DE. said:

Because the league are disgracefully doing their damnedest to throw a lifeline to Bolton whilst not giving a toss about Bury. Im fuming about it. If Bury go bust Bolton should equally be thrown out of the league. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Because the league are disgracefully doing their damnedest to throw a lifeline to Bolton whilst not giving a toss about Bury. Im fuming about it. If Bury go bust Bolton should equally be thrown out of the league. 

I just don’t think that Bury have any options, while Bolton are still managing to string things along by trying to tie down a buyer.

Can you imagine if the hotel is bought by another company who don’t want (or can’t afford) to buy the club and that’s the reason they fold.

Even worse is that they buyer they do have lined up only really wants the hotel. Talk about a rock and a hard place!

Then there’s Bassini!

13 hours ago, Tom said:

They have no kit but agreed a short term kit with Hummel. Hummel make class kits so they’ve done ok there.

Do they even have enough academy players to fill the team tomorrow

According to the official website they have:

First team 7

U23s 4

U18s 8

I don't  follow the game during the summer so I've been looking at our signings ahead of today's game.

Taking Christian Walton as an example I feel the loan system has now reached a ridiculous situation and is probably being abused by PL clubs.

He was a Plymouth youth player till 2013 when he signed for Brighton - 6 years ago. In two years at Brighton he made three senior starts. He has spent the past four seasons at other clubs and is about to start a fifth in the same situation.

To call him a Brighton player is ridiculous. This is a great example of a PL club signing a player who may have potential then offloading him and his wages to other clubs who will develop him. If he fails Brighton can bin him at cost.

This is ridiculous. If a club believe in a player's potential they should take on the responsibility and cost of developing him. Alternatively  leave these players to make their way through the leagues until they have proven themselves. This would allow the smaller clubs to benefit from transfer fees, build better squads and possibly retain players. As things stand these players simply cost smaller clubs money for no financial benefit.

One great benefit of the transfer system was the influx of substantial fees was often a significant contribution to smaller clubs budgets and kept money flowing through the game.

The loan system further concentrates money and power in the hands of 20 clubs. At a time when large numbers of lower league clubs are struggling financially the whole system needs to be overhauled.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Love your style Paul!

Switch off in early May, switch back on early August.

Probably do this site good too! ^_^

Yep. Football is for watching and not for worrying about for three months when there is nothing to watch. Who needs the stress?

As for the last sentence. It keeps people happy but I don't see the point of three months speculation. I bob in when I'm a bit listless or want to look at the Brexit thread!

Statement from a very unhappy Bury chairman.....

The Chairman has issued the following statement after the Accrington Stanley game was postponed by the EFL:

BURY FOOTBALL CLUB HAVE BEEN TONIGHT DEALT A GRAVE INJUSTICE.

I today have seen the biggest injustice I have ever seen from this alleged body there to help clubs “the EFL.”

Again after submitting all that was asked from the EFL from our Lawyer, we got a call late tonight saying they are postponing our fixture with Accrington Stanley. 

Grounds given to our Lawyer from Nick Craig “we want to substantiate some figures that may or may not be correct” we requested what these were as we could answer them there and then, the reply “we will get them to you as soon as we can but we are all at matches this weekend” and so would Bury fans if the EFL played with a straight bat.

Why did they not wait till Monday to again postpone our fixture if something was missing, we have the weekend to get any information to them, but no once again they prove they are clearly “The Destroyer of Clubs” where malice and vindictive actions take precedence over the whole premise of the EFL TO HELP CLUBS.

Let me list below the requirements sent from there Solicitor which we had to comply with, facts in bold, I do this to prevent ambiguity.

1.) Confirmation and evidence that all outstanding sums due to players will (or have been) paid in full to the satisfaction of the EFL and the PFA; THE PFA CONFIRMED TO THE EFL THAT THIS HAD BEEN AGREED TO THE SATISFACTION OF BOTH PARTIES.

2.) Receipt of written evidence of a bank account with £1.5m in it or a guaranteed line of credit for this amount freely available to the Club (and not any third party) which will allow the Club to operate in the 2019/2020 season;  A LETTER OF CREDIT WAS GIVEN TODAY FOR £1.65M.

3.) A certificate/email confirming that the SAG has approved that the Stadium is fit for purpose and that all the necessary plans are in place for the 2019/2020 season; THEY WERE DONE BEFORE THEIR LAST STATEMENT.

ALL THE ABOVE I CAN PROVE AND BACK UP 100%.

I could've gone into the ill truths last time, that tried to discredit me and can disprove any allegations about me, but this beats them all, the deal was struck with our Lawyer and we were just waiting for them to say all is good so we can sign our players who 100% want to play for Bury and have waited patiently, the EFL are aware these players will have to sign elsewhere and seem to be dragging this out till we lose them as nobody expected us to save Bury never mind get players signing of the calibre we have so clearly there is an agenda here, I was told tonight by Debbie Jevans when I said just let us sign our team please before we lose them, the reply “you can play with your youth”, I REST MY CASE.

Regards,

Steven D Dale

• Like 2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

You haven’t read it then? :D

Love it!!!!!! Not really, it's a place to avoid for several reasons.

Edited by Paul

4 hours ago, Paul said:

I don't  follow the game during the summer so I've been looking at our signings ahead of today's game.

Taking Christian Walton as an example I feel the loan system has now reached a ridiculous situation and is probably being abused by PL clubs.

He was a Plymouth youth player till 2013 when he signed for Brighton - 6 years ago. In two years at Brighton he made three senior starts. He has spent the past four seasons at other clubs and is about to start a fifth in the same situation.

To call him a Brighton player is ridiculous. This is a great example of a PL club signing a player who may have potential then offloading him and his wages to other clubs who will develop him. If he fails Brighton can bin him at cost.

This is ridiculous. If a club believe in a player's potential they should take on the responsibility and cost of developing him. Alternatively  leave these players to make their way through the leagues until they have proven themselves. This would allow the smaller clubs to benefit from transfer fees, build better squads and possibly retain players. As things stand these players simply cost smaller clubs money for no financial benefit.

One great benefit of the transfer system was the influx of substantial fees was often a significant contribution to smaller clubs budgets and kept money flowing through the game.

The loan system further concentrates money and power in the hands of 20 clubs. At a time when large numbers of lower league clubs are struggling financially the whole system needs to be overhauled.

Maybe if they cherry pick from below the Championship, if they fail to make X amount of appearances above that level in a given time, they must loan out for free?

• Backroom
Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Still no word of their punishment for the Brentford postponement.

Chances are they will rag a win today!

Seems inevitable at this point that it's going to be swept under the rug. EFL will probably justify it as something like a goodwill gesture to get the new owners in and keep the club going. Even though FV are coming in well aware that Bolton are highly likely to be relegated again anyway.

6 hours ago, Paul said:

Top post. Sums up my thoughts far more eloquently then I could and shows what football has sunk to. 

6 hours ago, den said:

Statement from a very unhappy Bury chairman.....

The Chairman has issued the following statement after the Accrington Stanley game was postponed by the EFL:

BURY FOOTBALL CLUB HAVE BEEN TONIGHT DEALT A GRAVE INJUSTICE.

I today have seen the biggest injustice I have ever seen from this alleged body there to help clubs “the EFL.”

Again after submitting all that was asked from the EFL from our Lawyer, we got a call late tonight saying they are postponing our fixture with Accrington Stanley. 

Grounds given to our Lawyer from Nick Craig “we want to substantiate some figures that may or may not be correct” we requested what these were as we could answer them there and then, the reply “we will get them to you as soon as we can but we are all at matches this weekend” and so would Bury fans if the EFL played with a straight bat.

Why did they not wait till Monday to again postpone our fixture if something was missing, we have the weekend to get any information to them, but no once again they prove they are clearly “The Destroyer of Clubs” where malice and vindictive actions take precedence over the whole premise of the EFL TO HELP CLUBS.

Let me list below the requirements sent from there Solicitor which we had to comply with, facts in bold, I do this to prevent ambiguity.

1.) Confirmation and evidence that all outstanding sums due to players will (or have been) paid in full to the satisfaction of the EFL and the PFA; THE PFA CONFIRMED TO THE EFL THAT THIS HAD BEEN AGREED TO THE SATISFACTION OF BOTH PARTIES.

2.) Receipt of written evidence of a bank account with £1.5m in it or a guaranteed line of credit for this amount freely available to the Club (and not any third party) which will allow the Club to operate in the 2019/2020 season;  A LETTER OF CREDIT WAS GIVEN TODAY FOR £1.65M.

3.) A certificate/email confirming that the SAG has approved that the Stadium is fit for purpose and that all the necessary plans are in place for the 2019/2020 season; THEY WERE DONE BEFORE THEIR LAST STATEMENT.

ALL THE ABOVE I CAN PROVE AND BACK UP 100%.

I could've gone into the ill truths last time, that tried to discredit me and can disprove any allegations about me, but this beats them all, the deal was struck with our Lawyer and we were just waiting for them to say all is good so we can sign our players who 100% want to play for Bury and have waited patiently, the EFL are aware these players will have to sign elsewhere and seem to be dragging this out till we lose them as nobody expected us to save Bury never mind get players signing of the calibre we have so clearly there is an agenda here, I was told tonight by Debbie Jevans when I said just let us sign our team please before we lose them, the reply “you can play with your youth”, I REST MY CASE.

Regards,

Steven D Dale

Appalling.

"The EFL granted permission for Preston North End’s Josh Earl to complete a loan deal until January, and for Harry Brockbank and James Weir to sign permanent contracts on the morning of the game"

There we have it then. Rules being bent to help them out. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Fairly clear to me they won’t be getting a point deduction for Brentford.

Fair enough, precedent set.

I just hope and pray a situation arises this season or quite soon where it is in a sides interest not to play and they test the league. Almost certainly won't happen but it's the sort of thing i'd be looking to do to humiliate them in public.

• Like 1