BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton Wanderers Unpaid Staff Need Food bank.

So if it were Rovers Tom in the same dire situation,financially ferked,you would put your own demands and wants before the immediate needs of the Club?...don't believe that for one second pal.

But that is the situation I am seeing unfolding with some Bolton 'fans'.Beggars belief imo.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

Yep reduced average price for paying upfront ! im sure most who cough up for the season (probably miss 3-4 games as well so that 14 quid rises ) wont mind paying  24 quid game by game knowing that their team may go bust rather than  lose 350 quid that they ve paid upfront!

They would’ve minded. I’ll tell you now those Bolton fans that usually walk on would largely have turned up. Whilst a hell of a lot of their long standing ST holders won’t have bothered.

We see it with cup ties. Sunderland couldn’t believe they had their lowest gate of the season for their play off semi - why? Because loads of ST holders don’t buy match tickets.

All part of the reason they won’t be £24 when they go back on sale.

Edited by Mattyblue

23 minutes ago, Tom said:

In fairness I’d be wanting a free ticket had I had a season ticket last season, they paid for 23 games and got 22!

Seems the new owners set the prices for the game as a way to recoup some back costs to put the game on.

They don’t come across as being flush with cash 

I think they have bigger problems, Tom.

There might not be a club at the end of this. They didn’t cancel their fixture just to piss fans off.

I don’t see how this can end well at all. What happens if Bolton or Bury or both go pop? 23 or 22 team division, with one/two less relegation spot(s) - or one more promotion from L1?

So no STs and matches on a game-by-game basis. I guess as an administrator you wouldn’t be able to guarantee the fixtures and you could be dealing with (disgruntled) unsecured creditors - just to make matters worse.

On a game by game basis you avoid that risk and in theory maximise the short term revenue from fans assuming the same numbers turn up. The problem there, of course, being that they won’t but you can see the logic from a financial type.

It wouldn’t be so bad if they could say hold on to your stubs so you can trade them in against a ST but they won’t be able to do so because they don’t have an owner confirmed.

If I was a Bolton fan the question I’d have is why the hell is this all taking so long?

It's all about this 'Whites Hotel' being the main interest for investors,the football club is secondary.

What a situation for fans of the Football Club..I'm still not sure that game will go ahead come Saturday tbh.It appears even hosting a football game is now an administrative nightmare.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

They tickets did go on sale and were withdrawn again, as the fans kicked off about the prices. the main gripe was there are no season tickets on sale at the minute and the season ticket holders missed a match last year, as their last home game V Brentford was cancelled. They were priced at £24 and no reductions for last seasons season ticket holders.

I don't know if the are having a rethink about the process, given the reaction, or there is something more sinister going on. Serious trouble ensues come what may though. 

Edited by lraC

Bury's EFL Cup match against Sheffield United has been suspended and they have been given until August 23rd to fulfil the league's insolvency policy or their EFL membership will be withdrawn.

Meanwhile at Bolton the band played on..............

From the EFL regs:

33 Conduct of Matches 

33.1 Behind closed doors. Save with the consent of The League or as a consequence of any disciplinary or regulatory proceedings, no Club may play any League or Cup Match behind closed doors so that the public are excluded from the ground.

So every chance it goes ahead behind closed doors...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

What a shambles the EFL and their Board are. The blokes having fled the scene of their costly but no doubt remunerative  'mistakes' leave it to Jevans to carry the can. It is amazing that the EFL process functions at all.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

On 31/07/2019 at 18:13, Vinjay17 said:

This idiot Bassini can't have helped with his distractions and threats of legal action. He was also claiming West Ham United co-owner David Sullivan had lent him 25 million recently. 

?

Edited by Vinjay17

• Backroom
49 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Despite a long and hugely complex process of negotiation, we were finally on the brink of completion this afternoon

Been saying that for about two weeks lads. Seems like the court injunction is a convenient excuse to say "we were about to complete the transaction, honestly..."

• Backroom
Just now, philipl said:

Bassini is just very bad news. Horrific for the Trotters he ever got involved there.

By the sounds of it he might have a legitimate case, which would make things even worse for them.