Jump to content
StubbsUK

Bolton Wanderers Unpaid Staff Need Food bank.

Recommended Posts

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Talk of Bassini being at the game( if it gets played)...Bolton fans literally saying they will lynch him if he is stupid enough to show his face!

Quite an about turn, they were singing his name when we played them at the end of last season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, K-Hod said:

Quite an about turn, they were singing his name when we played them at the end of last season...

Evidently it's now all his fault that FV aren't completing the takeover, despite it being imminent for weeks now...

He obviously has some kind of case, or the judge wouldn't have granted the injunction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can see them being bought by Bassini at this stage. He’s either a genius or an imbecile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Puts things into perspective,we're worried about 3rd kits being off the rack and if we have a replacement for Mulgrew while Bolton and Bury fans are wondering if theyll have a club to support in the years to come.

Under Venkys we almost certainly have this kind of fate to look forward to so I wouldn’t be reeling out the first world problems line just yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

....And still no ticket news for Saturday as I type.

Surely that game cannot go ahead ??

GMP will put a stop today if no one else does .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t help but think they would have cancelled the game already had it been Bury 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair play 7,000 sold in three hours.

There’s still a pulse!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Real novelty factor for this game. Think they have a midweek home game sometime in August, be interesting how many rock up and buy tickets for that if STs don’t get put on sale...

Edited by Mattyblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the 7,000 includes 1,600 shifted by Coventry.

Comment by Notlob fan:

"Terrific effort , well done everyone. In my opinion the level of support is the reason the Football League have allowed BWFC to pee about all summer whilst coming down on Bury and their 2,500 fans like a ton of bricks"

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Fair play 7,000 sold in three hours.

There’s still a pulse!

 

So 5400 home fans, pathetic. 

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

If that's the general attitude, I hope Bolton do become extinct. 

If Bury go then Bolton should too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

So 5400 home fans, pathetic. 

In three hours.

I honestly thought there would have been a bigger boycott.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always expected a decent crowd for this. One of those ‘I was there’ odd events.

But as I said, the novelty will soon wear off, how many match tickets will they be selling for midweek games etc if they don’t get STs on sale? Not many, I would wager.

Edited by Mattyblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Stuart said:

Under Venkys we almost certainly have this kind of fate to look forward to so I wouldn’t be reeling out the first world problems line just yet.

If they were just going to walk away from the club theyd have more than likely done it when we dropped into league one,the prospect of them doing it isnt at 0% but its not nailed  on like you say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Darrenbot said:

If they were just going to walk away from the club theyd have more than likely done it when we dropped into league one,the prospect of them doing it isnt at 0% but its not nailed  on like you say.

So how do you see this panning out, Darren?

Are they going to pass the club on to their children and their children’s children like some kind of dysfunctional dynastic heirloom?

Will they place it into the hands of a trust to protect it from falling into the wrong hands?

Sell to some rich foreign benefactor? When? Who?

Will there be a consortium that will offer them a deal to take on the non-Venkys debt? Why? When?

Wipe out the debts and hand it over to a fan group? Why?

They will not be here forever. When they do leave they will have to wipe out our debts or wipe out our club. (Or hoodwink some oligarch).

Why would they wipe out the debt?

What will it take for them to sell - having allegedly refused to do so when they had the opportunity? All of their money back? Half? A 49% stake? (No, they’ve refused that). Face-saving Premier League football? (Why do they put up with Mowbray telling them to put their money away if that is the aim?)

We are in a completely untenable position right now. The cracks have been papered over but we all know that they are still there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Stuart said:

So how do you see this panning out, Darren?

Are they going to pass the club on to their children and their children’s children like some kind of dysfunctional dynastic heirloom?

Will they place it into the hands of a trust to protect it from falling into the wrong hands?

Sell to some rich foreign benefactor? When? Who?

Will there be a consortium that will offer them a deal to take on the non-Venkys debt? Why? When?

Wipe out the debts and hand it over to a fan group? Why?

They will not be here forever. When they do leave they will have to wipe out our debts or wipe out our club. (Or hoodwink some oligarch).

Why would they wipe out the debt?

What will it take for them to sell - having allegedly refused to do so when they had the opportunity? All of their money back? Half? A 49% stake? (No, they’ve refused that). Face-saving Premier League football? (Why do they put up with Mowbray telling them to put their money away if that is the aim?)

We are in a completely untenable position right now. The cracks have been papered over but we all know that they are still there.

I have no idea what theyll do when they decide to sell the club and neither do you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stuart said:

So how do you see this panning out, Darren?

Are they going to pass the club on to their children and their children’s children like some kind of dysfunctional dynastic heirloom?

Will they place it into the hands of a trust to protect it from falling into the wrong hands?

Sell to some rich foreign benefactor? When? Who?

Will there be a consortium that will offer them a deal to take on the non-Venkys debt? Why? When?

Wipe out the debts and hand it over to a fan group? Why?

They will not be here forever. When they do leave they will have to wipe out our debts or wipe out our club. (Or hoodwink some oligarch).

Why would they wipe out the debt?

What will it take for them to sell - having allegedly refused to do so when they had the opportunity? All of their money back? Half? A 49% stake? (No, they’ve refused that). Face-saving Premier League football? (Why do they put up with Mowbray telling them to put their money away if that is the aim?)

We are in a completely untenable position right now. The cracks have been papered over but we all know that they are still there.

Their 'debt' cannot be recovered, unless they establish us in the Premier League for many years and each year take some of the cash for themselves to pay back what they've lost. Even then they'd probably still find a way to make us be a loss making club so it goes around in circles. 

We don't owe them that money. They aren't getting their 170 million back. That's their 'investment' in the club over 9 years. They aren't the first to heap it onto the club as 'debt'. Davies did it at Bolton and Al Fayed at Fulham. Think also Abramovich at Chelsea at least in the early days. All got wiped away in the end because it had to be. I'm no expert on the benefits of piling it on as debt rather than as equity but there must be some.

Liquidating the club is a non starter. If they did they'd recover at my guess about 10-20% of their 'debt' at the absolute most. Brockhall is attractive but a planning permission nightmare and property in Blackburn worth inconsequential amounts.

When they are tired of losing money on this the only sensible way out is to hand the club over to someone else to have a try. Whelan did it at Wigan. Walked away and handed over the reigns in an orderly fashion. Morgan at Wolves. 

Those prophesising a repeat of the Bolton situation need to recognise that the reason for their situation is through failing to pay their bills and borrowing money from all over the place to do it. No suggestion that is happening here. Not because they lost a lot of money under Eddie Davies, who wrote off his 'debt' like he had to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JHRover said:

Those prophesising a repeat of the Bolton situation need to recognise that the reason for their situation is through failing to pay their bills and borrowing money from all over the place to do it. No suggestion that is happening here. Not because they lost a lot of money under Eddie Davies, who wrote off his 'debt' like he had to do.

Good post.

The problem is not necessarily Venkys but who they hand over the reigns to and what their motives are.

They don’t have a great record with listening to the wrong people. Our next owner could ruin us which is exactly what has happened at Bolton. Owning a football club is not a way to make money but rather to lose it. I’m not even sure if Venkys have got any marketing points from owning Rovers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stuart said:

Good post.

The problem is not necessarily Venkys but who they hand over the reigns to and what their motives are.

They don’t have a great record with listening to the wrong people. Our next owner could ruin us which is exactly what has happened at Bolton. Owning a football club is not a way to make money but rather to lose it. I’m not even sure if Venkys have got any marketing points from owning Rovers.

It could go any way. Impossible to say. Bolton of course is the 'worst case' scenario but some time off, even for us, because their predicament has been 4-5 years in the making from Davies pulling out then handing over to jokers like Holdsworth and Anderson who never had the cash required. 

Personally i think it would be nigh on impossible to find owners with less interest, pride, and care than Venkys. You only have to look around Ewood to see evidence of the lack of pride and interest. Of course there are many that wouldn't have the funds Venkys appear to have , although with more care and effort the need for their financial support would be less, I'm certain of that. If an owner with serious interest got stuck in I'm certain revenues would increase whilst losses could be cut, but obviously not entirely given the division we are in.

I think it suits Venkys to carry on with the £100 million of debt line because it makes them feel good about themselves and serves as a constant reminder to the plebs how much money they've put in. I'm sure even they know that they aren't getting it back but it shows everyone what they've 'invested' into this. A bit like driving around in a Ferrari - everyone who sees you driving it knows you are loaded - owning a club £100 million 'in debt' to them shows everyone how loaded they are and what they've put into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JHRover said:

It could go any way. Impossible to say. Bolton of course is the 'worst case' scenario but some time off, even for us, because their predicament has been 4-5 years in the making from Davies pulling out then handing over to jokers like Holdsworth and Anderson who never had the cash required. 

Personally i think it would be nigh on impossible to find owners with less interest, pride, and care than Venkys. You only have to look around Ewood to see evidence of the lack of pride and interest. Of course there are many that wouldn't have the funds Venkys appear to have , although with more care and effort the need for their financial support would be less, I'm certain of that. If an owner with serious interest got stuck in I'm certain revenues would increase whilst losses could be cut, but obviously not entirely given the division we are in.

I think it suits Venkys to carry on with the £100 million of debt line because it makes them feel good about themselves and serves as a constant reminder to the plebs how much money they've put in. I'm sure even they know that they aren't getting it back but it shows everyone what they've 'invested' into this. A bit like driving around in a Ferrari - everyone who sees you driving it knows you are loaded - owning a club £100 million 'in debt' to them shows everyone how loaded they are and what they've put into it.

Good posts my man, I agree with every word. My guess is it’s better for them to not put it all into equity as the debt portion doesn’t need to be written off yet in the accounts of where the money came from, so they can time when they write portions off for tax planning.

In the world of the super rich, the money they’ve sunk into us wouldn’t even pay for a super-yacht Balaji would get bored of and just leave moored up somewhere. Which is a good analogy for our current situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.