BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Aniket Jadhav

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Posted the fact not the persons involved

You can't expect people to take it for a fact when you won't expand or substantiate it. We can only consider that to be an allegation. I'm not saying it isn't a fact, but surely you understand this?

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

So you state there were death threats but you can't say whether they were reported to the police. Sounds like BS

1 hour ago, MCMC1875 said:

My god. Are oblivious as to whats gone on in previous 9 years?

56 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

You just said on the forum that people had received death threats. I asked if it was reported to the police

27 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

No idea

?

Horrible horrible things were going on 2009-2013.

I was not aware of this particular set of incidents MCMC1875 is alluding to but let's say it fits a pattern in scale and direction of events I am aware of and am also enormously thankful that I was never alone in having knowledge about.

Fans and others who were on their own in getting to know about what appeared to be going on or could be singled out became subject to terrible situations. I can think of at least seven people quite apart from whoever MCMC1875 is aware of- perhaps the same people or others.  

As I have said, I had not previously heard about what I suspect MCMC1875 is alluding to but in other cases; yes there was Police action and there were consequences.

One thing I should stress, abysmal decision making and judgement can be levied at the door of Rovers' ownership but I heard absolutely nothing linking them personally to making death threats or equivalent criminality which is a completely different level of issue.      

blueboy and bluebruce, I am not getting involved in correspondence on this but please give MCMC more respect than you are doing.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, philipl said:

blueboy and bluebruce, I am not getting involved in correspondence on this but please give MCMC more respect than you are doing.

No, as I haven't given him the slightest disrespect.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

So you state there were death threats but you can't say whether they were reported to the police. Sounds like BS

I spoke to one of the posters off here away at Huddersfield (don't know if I can or should post his name) and he told me about death threats he had received. No police involvement was mentioned at the time 

• Moderation Lead

I’m not denying that bad things happened, but can we not dangle carrots, then say ‘I can’t say’, because it’s proper cock teasing and it’s not sound.

Thanks. ?

• Like 1

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Thanks Philip. We are clearly talking about one and the same. I've now been made aware of a fourth fan of your seven probably who has had a death threat relating to Rovers in the last 10 years. What pains me is this, prior to the takeover this was unthinkable and for that reason, this club is now masquerading as a family club. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded. Reference Andy Holt's tweets about the EFL, FA, Premier League.

I am only aware of one death threat and that wasn't made to a fan. I suspect the person who told me had also received a similar threat and he wasn't a fan either.

the seven people whom I know received credible threats which were communicated to appropriate authorities is in fact nine thinking back now of whom only four are fans pure and simple. I can think of an additional five fans I heard of or suspected had been threatened but am unaware of whether they took matters to the police.   

Fans I am thinking of received other types of very violent and credible threats but not death threats to my knowledge.  

I never made it my business to know about everything that was going on beyond knowing that terrible stuff was being directed at fans on the ground in Blackburn which you and your friends were clearly subjected to.      

Just now, K-Hod said:

I’m not denying that bad things happened, but can we not dangle carrots, then say ‘I can’t say’, because it’s proper cock teasing and it’s not sound.

Thanks. ?

If you want BRFCS closing down...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Well, for the record I wasn't subjected to it but I can't speak for my friends.

For those who bothered to find out, what was going on in the first few years of Venkys ownership, most will know about the death threats and also other very untoward things. I have spoken at length to one individual, who was put through all sorts of personal trauma and who received a death threat. Someone has asked if it was reported to the police, well yes it was, but unfortunately it was never investigated properly.

As many people will know, anyone who stood up to what was going on at the club back then were sorted in their own way. Whether you were the first team manager, a club executive, or simply a pesky fan getting too involved, it didn't really matter. I would suggest that's why the people who knew what was really going, on, will never rest, until the current owners are gone.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/05/08/revealed-new-leaked-blackburn-letter-lays-bare-crisis-and-torment-inside-ewood-080501/

Edited by lraC
  • Like 4

Just now, DE. said:

Didn't Glen Mullan cover all of this in those blogs he wrote?

He did and there it is still all out there for all to see. I am sure some will bury their heads in the sand and suggest that Venkys were just badly advised, but things went a lot deeper than that.

http://roversrevisited2.blogspot.com/2016/09/good-money-if-you-can-get-it.html

Edited by lraC
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, lraC said:

He did and there it is still all out there for all to see. I am sure some will bury their heads in the sand and suggest that Venkys were just badly advised, but things went a lot deeper than that.

http://roversrevisited2.blogspot.com/2016/09/good-money-if-you-can-get-it.html

Can you link the one that deals with the death threats? 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Can you link the one that deals with the death threats? 

I don't know if there is a link to the death threats, but if you read through all of the information on that blog, you will see plenty of fans names mentioned. I took it upon myself, a long time ago to speak to some of the people mentioned and that's how I found out about them. So either they didn't happen or some of the things said to me, were pure fiction. 

12 minutes ago, DE. said:

Didn't Glen Mullan cover all of this in those blogs he wrote?

Glen posted a commendable record of events. 

But Glen like many of us at that time became far more expert in the laws, consequences and suppression tactics relating to publishing or not than any of us had any wish or need to before or since...

Hence no documentation of the type blueboy is looking for. He should have been around in 2011 then he wouldn't be so flippant.

Think of it as an iceberg.  What you can see on the surface automatically means there is something far bigger and nastier underneath the water line.

Anyway, it is a shame all of this is on this lad's thread whom I understand is genuinely a youth footballer and is genuinely being assisted philanthropically by the Raos. in no way has he any guilt by association with events of more than five years ago when in all honestly there was a shift from the evil to the merely clowning incompetence.

Ian Herbert called it right in the season review pod cast I believe in identifying a further shift to something pretty good when Coyle got sacked.

• Like 3

• Backroom
Just now, philipl said:

Ian Herbert called it right in the season review pod cast I believe in identifying a further shift to something pretty good when Coyle got sacked.

Suhail is ex-SEM & ex-Kentaro, though, isn't he? And has pretty much been orchestrating events in some form or another since the beginning or close to? Hard to feel much relief when such shady elements still exist at such a high level within the club's structure. I think the only time I'll feel the club is safe again is when it is no longer in Venky's hands. Unfortunately there's no obvious sign of this happening any time in the near future though.

• Like 4

Just now, philipl said:

But Glen like many of us at that time became far more expert in the laws, consequences and suppression tactics relating to publishing or not than any of us had any wish or need to before or since... 

Hence no documentation of the type blueboy is looking for. He should have been around in 2011 then he wouldn't be so flippant.

Not sure where the flippancy is,  but what I did learn a long time ago that 'facts' you post are invariably hysterical or just plain wishful thinking. 

And going forward if someone wants to make accusations of death threats they really should be able to back them up. Flippant accusations do nobody any good and reflect badly on the person making them, especially when they relate to something as serious as threats on people's lives. 

All I asked originally was if the death threats were reported to the police. If they happened they could be put on a blog no problem, and reported to the police. Names don't even have to be mentioned. I'm no expert like you (!) but even I know that. 

As long as they keep sending a few million a season over to keep their baby afloat and the only time we hear of them is when the send  one or two charity cases over  a season, i'll take that, as it looks like they wont be going anywhere soon.

Who knows it may help in the ongoing plan to make Rovers India's Premier league team (sarcasm emoji)

1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

As long as they keep sending a few million a season over to keep their baby afloat and the only time we hear of them is when the send  one or two charity cases over  a season, i'll take that, as it looks like they wont be going anywhere soon.

Who knows it may help in the ongoing plan to make Rovers India's Premier league team (sarcasm emoji)

Still hope they do either or at the minute we are a see saw waiting for either way. 

Personally I hope for us both we go up they sell us and we get an owner emasculated in the Rovers and Blackburn town DNA.

For anyone, who hasn't seen it before, he is an example of what was going on at the club. What you have to remember when you watch this, is that the fans were blamed for not giving the player mentioned a chance. Was it just a coincidence that he is the son of an agent heavily involved at the club and did this player go on to make a career from himself, once he left our club and was no longer frozen out by the fans?

Back then, there were some very questionable people around the club, who were able to manipulate people in high places and cover their tracks by being very clever and one step ahead. I know what my opinion is on those events and that's why I and many others who bothered finding out the truth, will never trust the current owners.

Edited by lraC
  • Like 2