BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Craig Conway - (Not getting a) New contract

6 hours ago, sabino said:

In his leaving comments

“I have met the most amazing people and enjoyed many highs and only some lows in my time here.

“I would like to thank everyone at the club and the fans for the fantastic support they have shown me.

“I wish you all the very best and hope to see Rovers back in the Premier League where they belong in the near future.”

Very classy from him, it's just a shame everyone doesn't demonstrate the same class.

Yep I might be wrong but I don't recall Hanley, Marshall etc coming out with stuff like that yet there are calls to bring them back like prodigal sons. Once the writing was on the wall some couldn't wait to get away, to hell with the fans and club.

Class act on and off the pitch in his time Conway, great professional example to lower standard players.

• Like 7

• Backroom
7 hours ago, tomphil said:

Yep I might be wrong but I don't recall Hanley, Marshall etc coming out with stuff like that yet there are calls to bring them back like prodigal sons. Once the writing was on the wall some couldn't wait to get away, to hell with the fans and club.

Class act on and off the pitch in his time Conway, great professional example to lower standard players.

And a thoroughly decent guy too. Spoken to him a few times and he always enjoyed a proper conversation, never rushing through like others do.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tomphil said:

Maybe because they club handled Conway better than they way they forced Marshall and other players out to get a quick buck the players had no need to thank the club. Some fans had also turned and were offensive towards them so why should they thank them? It is a two way thing

The other difference is that the players you mentioned had a potential future in the game so  fans would welcome them back, Conway is at the end of his career.

1 hour ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Maybe because they club handled Conway better than they way they forced Marshall and other players out to get a quick buck the players had no need to thank the club. Some fans had also turned and were offensive towards them so why should they thank them? It is a two way thing

The other difference is that the players you mentioned had a potential future in the game so  fans would welcome them back, Conway is at the end of his career.

I don't remember any turning on Hanley or Marshall and to be honest the way they conducted themselves at times on and off the pitch they deserved a bit of stick.

If it was the case though as you say 'some' fans what about saying thanks to the rest it isn't difficult is it.

Player wise I think both would be good to have back in this squad under a manager who'd keep them on a tight reign but character wise i'd have neither although I do completely agree they were probably fed up behind the scenes with the club floundering and were gently pushed towards the door.  No the fans fault though so a standard 'thanks' might have been in order it's obvious neither were bothered about a warm welcome next time they pitched up with their new teams.