BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Happy Tugay Day

36 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Mowbray would tell us Tugay would play, but he never would.

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Rubbish Stuart and you know it,  Tugay would get ten mins per week on the right wing !

We know him so well!

It's snowing in here again........

Anyway back on topic Tugay was the dream deep sitting midfielder, not a defensive one but operating in front of the back four or slotting into the midfield - effortless.

Edited by tomphil

A great footballer and entertainer,we were privileged to see him in the old Blue n White...gave us some great memories.

As others have mentioned though it also makes me sad at what we have lost and what we have become.

Which lucky sod got his Boots?....

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

• Backroom
22 hours ago, roverandout said:

Remember thinking why the f... Do we want tugay when we could sign berkovic on a permanent basis? Glad my judgement was poor. 

I said the same!

• Like 1

On 26/05/2019 at 09:33, Tom said:

I said the same!

A few of us on here used to bemoan Tugay’s  “invisible friend” at one point. :lol: I think that was when he’d got his hair cut short.  It was like he was our very own Samson!  A joy to watch, he could chill out for a bit, just in the centre circle, would could still run the match. 

Has anyone a video of his warm ups? I seem to remember a poster on here commenting that his warm up technique was worth the price of a ticket alone? 

My little boy Jack is 9, has never shown an interest in football. I’ve never pushed it on him, though I chat with him about it often. However just recently he’s discovered he loves playing football, without watching very much football. But anyway, during a little coaching session in the park, I showed him some Tugay goals on YouTube. It blew his little mind, just like it did ours ❤️ 

He wants a Rovers kit now, purely out of loyalty to me, I’ll probably shed a little tear when I see him play in it ☺️ 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dan said:

A few of us on here used to bemoan Tugay’s  “invisible friend” at one point. :lol: I think that was when he’d got his hair cut short.  It was like he was our very own Samson!  A joy to watch, he could chill out for a bit, just in the centre circle, would could still run the match. 

Has anyone a video of his warm ups? I seem to remember a poster on here commenting that his warm up technique was worth the price of a ticket alone? 

Yep, never get tired of showing people this. Starts slow but wow. Show your lad Jack.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Yep, never get tired of showing people this. Starts slow but wow. Show your lad Jack.

That is superb. Brilliant! Thanks for posting it. Young lads wishing to become professional footballers should be shown this.

Tugay. What a genius.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, bluebruce said:

My 14-year-old Son out here, who also goes to a (local) football Academy, went back to School a week ago and just before he left I was telling him all about Tugay warm-ups. I'll now send him this link. Thanks!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

My 14-year-old Son out here, who also goes to a (local) football Academy, went back to School a week ago and just before he left I was telling him all about Tugay warm-ups. I'll now send him this link. Thanks!

I don't want to rain on his parade given he's only 14 years old but to get to that level of dexterity you need to be something special. If I'd have seen that when I was 14 I may have decided that cricket was the way forward for me !

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't want to rain on his parade given he's only 14 years old but to get to that level of dexterity you need to be something special. If I'd have seen that when I was 14 I may have decided that cricket was the way forward for me !

Ball juggling is 99% practise Unless one is completely uncoordinated.

Aside from technical ability, what Tugay had was incredible vision and imagination as well as an unrivalled coolness. Combine these things together and you have one hell of a footballer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stuart said:

Ball juggling is 99% practise Unless one is completely uncoordinated.

Aside from technical ability, what Tugay had was incredible vision and imagination as well as an unrivalled coolness. Combine these things together and you have one hell of a footballer.

I await with interest a film of your ball juggling exploits Stuart. I practised until it went dark most nights and I wasn't even near that level.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I await with interest a film of your ball juggling exploits Stuart. I practised until it went dark most nights and I wasn't even near that level.

Trust me, Tugay spent a lot longer than you.