BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Lancashire Telegraph

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17664143.what-we-can-learn-from-the-stats-around-rovers-right-back/

The discussion about the right back position is on the appropriate thread but just a shout out for Rich Sharpe and the LT.

This sort of analysis article is exactly the sort of quality journalism that keeps local papers alive.

I find myself clicking onto the LT for news and views about Rovers increasingly.

Great stuff- long may it continue.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I saw the worst one on the LT the other day, in an interview with Lenihan they said he was from "County Mead". It's County Meath.

I mean google lads, come on! 

Just assumed that was what they'd been drinking.

• Like 2

On Sunday, May 26, 2019 at 11:59, Oldgregg86 said:

I wish they would proof read it before publishing but content is very good

Christ, I know. I've repeatedly been tempted to offer them my services. I have no qualifications or official job experience in that area, but you wouldn't see that crap popping up. I did my work experience at the LET at 15 years old. They actually had me proof-reading obituaries at one point, which is pretty shocking in itself, but I fixed a scary amount of errors. You'd think they'd have been more careful with something like that.

The Rovers writers (or it may just be Sharpe) also seriously irk me with their tendency to overuse - and often misuse - the word 'admit'.

Fair play to them on the content though, mostly. It must be difficult to squeeze out three or so Rovers stories every day.

22 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I did my work experience at the LET at 15 years old. They actually had me proof-reading obituaries at one point, which is pretty shocking in itself, but I fixed a scary amount of errors. 

That reminds me of the episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm titled 'My Beloved Aunt' 

Edited by Colt Seavers
  • Like 2

On 29/05/2019 at 13:09, Colt Seavers said:

That reminds me of the episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm titled 'My Beloved Aunt' 

Seen the show a bit but not seen that one, sorry. Something to do with errors in his beloved aunt's obituary maybe?

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

On 28/05/2019 at 13:54, bluebruce said:

Christ, I know. I've repeatedly been tempted to offer them my services. I have no qualifications or official job experience in that area, but you wouldn't see that crap popping up. I did my work experience at the LET at 15 years old. They actually had me proof-reading obituaries at one point, which is pretty shocking in itself, but I fixed a scary amount of errors. You'd think they'd have been more careful with something like that.

The Rovers writers (or it may just be Sharpe) also seriously irk me with their tendency to overuse - and often misuse - the word 'admit'.

Fair play to them on the content though, mostly. It must be difficult to squeeze out three or so Rovers stories every day.

Experienced sub-editors have either been sacked, retired or moved on to other jobs. In the face of fierce pressure from the internet, newspaper managements have cut costs to the bone and checking facts, grammar, spelling etc is not deemed important any more. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Just now, K-Hod said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17989085.saturday-turning-point-rovers/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor

Simon Smith, this site's favourite son, even skirting around the issue that Mowbray's time is up....

Yes, I can think of a good few better candidates who are instantly available.