BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Lancashire Telegraph

6 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Couple of observations from me.

It did seem as though Simon had decided he had had enough. I can totally understand why but it does come across as though he wanted to go out in a blaze of glory by blaming a very small minority of OTT personal comments.

The response comments on Fb and even the LT to the news were almost all just wishing him well. I expected a lot more backlash against the ‘haters’.

I think at this point both sides of the ‘divided loyalties’ are just completely jaded by events at the club. There is definitely a certain amount of helplessness as we all watch the latest aftershock of the Rovers-Venkys car crash.

I really hope rumours of Rovers being almost breakeven are a prelude to Venkys tearing up the debt book and handing over to someone who cares about the club.

Can you elaborate on these rumours?

On Mr Smith, very odd really. Are you telling me that in his 20 years of writing he has never witnessed somebody disagreeing with his opinions? Almost feels as this was an excuse to quit rather than being the actual reason. 2 or maybe 3 posts that maybe went over the top and he cannot hack it and so suddenly leaves. Either needs skin that is 100 times thicker or was looking for something he could pin walking out on.

My opinion, his hands are obviously tied as to what he can say in the LT, and with our current run he knows that it is far too difficult to keep putting a positive spin on things. 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 4

Just now, JacknOry said:

On Mr Smith, very odd really. Are you telling me that in his 20 years of writing he has never witnessed somebody disagreeing with his opinions? Almost feels as this was an excuse to quit rather than being the actual reason. 2 or maybe 3 posts that maybe went over the top and he cannot hack it and so suddenly leaves. Either needs skin that is 100 times thicker or was looking for something he could pin walking out on.

My opinion, his hands are obviously tied as to what he can say in the LT, and with our current run he knows that it is far too difficult to keep putting a positive spin on things. 

My opinion too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I wasn’t talking about why he resigned, just how poor it is was for some people to make the comments they did when he visited the site in good faith. 

His comments were designed to antagonise and dumb the club down in line with the Mowbray and Tesco narrative. Middle of the road my arse.!

• Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

My opinion too.

He almost touched on things being bad in his final article but again, it was the players he was allowed to blame it on rather than the manager. Seems he is not allowed to criticize TM or those running the club in my opinion. TM needing a holiday was about as far as he could go - which was a rather preposterous article when it was put up, but now you can kind of see through it - that was as far as he was allowed to go. 

Rovers is probably the only thing that sells papers in the Blackburn area for the LT so they will toe the line as close as they can. Even if they don't want to, their orders are issued from elsewhere remember.

Days gone by local journos spoke as fans and the paper like the club belonged to locals so they had to go along with weight of opinion. Not anymore and just like the club these days it's a franchise run by number crunchers miles away.

Edited by tomphil

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Bring back Peter White 

As daft as that post is, another Peter White at the LT would be great.

Would he survive alongside 2019’s social media-fed fanbase though? Not sure. Maybe he would lead it!

• Like 2

Sadly a lot don't want to hear it like it actually is anymore they are used to being spoon fed fixed narratives and hype. Glance at it for 30 secs then flick onto the next thing, not interested in any depth or making their own minds up on what they actually see.

It's easier if you just believe everything you are told and as we've seen politically over the last few years propaganda rules.

3 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Because its afraid of losing its press accreditation?

A newspaper could lose its accreditation for critiquing comments from a representative of private enterprise? Journalism is well and truly dead!

• Like 1

What the hell is that Mowbray 1000 days article in today’s LT ? Is it just me or is Mowbray some genius manager who has saved our Club? It’s like he’s some kind of messiah reading that . Christ we are in a relegation scrap for the short term at least and yet there is more babble about us being in far better shape than when he arrived . Really? Considering what he’s spent ?

another classic LT article no doubt prescribed by the clubs own spin doctors . Its like we’ve been dropped into the Trueman Show 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

A plastic badge with Press on it. Pretty sure @Kamy100 used to get invited to the club press conferences.

We are still accreditted and I am sure if we applied to attend Pressers then we would be allowed to attend.  A few years ago when I had more time I did try to go every week.  Problem these days is finding time to go.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TBTF said:

What the hell is that Mowbray 1000 days article in today’s LT ? Is it just me or is Mowbray some genius manager who has saved our Club? It’s like he’s some kind of messiah reading that . Christ we are in a relegation scrap for the short term at least and yet there is more babble about us being in far better shape than when he arrived . Really? Considering what he’s spent ?

another classic LT article no doubt prescribed by the clubs own spin doctors . Its like we’ve been dropped into the Trueman Show 

(please take out)  :)

• Like 3

It's fair enough doing an article highlighting the 1000 days and the turn around from where we were under clownpants. However you could be forgiven for thinking we are on the verge of something big right now instead of looking like being on the verge of a relegation scrap. Problems many rightly feel this manager has been bringing on himself for 12 months.

End of the day in football you are judged on last months results and your latest signings not last year, 2 years ago, ten years ago.

Reading the latest fans jury column it is clear that only Paul Yates is capable of writing things as they actually are.

Give him the job.

The others are just in a blue and white cloud cuckoo land, as was the recently departed incumbent columnist.

Problem is that many of our fans only read the LT and take each story as fact, as though it was written by Peter White. They need a good dose of reality, not wrapping up in blue and white cotton wool. Club is fucked. Mowbray is useless. It needs sorting out.

• Like 1

No fan of Coyle - he was useless - but saying we are in a better shape then when TM arrived is I think ignoring the wider picture.

TM has spent around £12-15 million on players, Coyle sold that much on players and got to invest in fees of a paltry £250,000. Granted there would have been a few signing on fees, but likewise for TM's lot of Downing, Whittingham etc. So £15 million plus and we're in a better state- I'd jolly well hope so given that type of investment. Also we're now fighting relegation as oppose to being relegated which is hardly a ringing endorsement of coming on leaps and bounds. TM is hardly all that whatsoever.

Just to clarify, this does not mean I was a big fan of Coyle, and thought him an utterly terrible appointment, that only could have been worsened by the odious one K##n. That said, he had a raw deal financially compared to TM, so it's hard to stomach hearing TM has brought us on leaps and bounds.

Edited by Blue blood
  • Like 7

17 hours ago, Blue blood said:

No fan of Coyle - he was useless - but saying we are in a better shape then when TM arrived is I think ignoring the wider picture.

TM has spent around £12-15 million on players, Coyle sold that much on players and got to invest in fees of a paltry £250,000. Granted there would have been a few signing on fees, but likewise for TM's lot of Downing, Whittingham etc. So £15 million plus and we're in a better state- I'd jolly well hope so given that type of investment. Also we're now fighting relegation as oppose to being relegated which is hardly a ringing endorsement of coming on leaps and bounds. TM is hardly all that whatsoever.

Just to clarify, this does not mean I was a big fan of Coyle, and thought him an utterly terrible appointment, that only could have been worsened by the odious one K##n. That said, he had a raw deal financially compared to TM, so it's hard to stomach hearing TM has brought us on leaps and bounds.

With you there BB. Selling both centre halves (Duffy/Hanley) at the start of that season and not replace was the primary reason we got relegated . Despite spending a relative fortune (correction...actual fortune) since , Mowbray has not addressed that area of the team despite '' defenders are coming'' yada , yada. We might have several players now who are considerably better than what we had then  but we are hardly if any better and that is a reflection on the goon in charge.  

• Like 3

Just now, TBTF said:

With you there BB. Selling both centre halves (Duffy/Hanley) at the start of that season and not replace was the primary reason we got relegated . Despite spending a relative fortune (correction...actual fortune) since , Mowbray has not addressed that area of the team despite '' defenders are coming'' yada , yada. We might have several players now who are considerably better than what we had then  but we are hardly if any better and that is a reflection on the goon in charge.  

Spot on. He hasn't even addressed the areas we have tried to address - still.loiking for a Graham replacement £15 million on! 

As for the defence the neglect is horrific. Thinking back to that season we had to drop Lenihen and Mulgrew back into there - the latter I'm convinced wasn't intended as a CB at all - making our lack of signings in defence utterly criminal. Fiat kop for TM doing that for a season to try staying up, but not addressing it since has been very negligent - especially given he has had 5 windows to do so. 

• Like 2