Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AAK

Are Rovers being sold?

Recommended Posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They what? 

Training camps for kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr X said:

I don't care if it is only a 1% chance, this made me smile 😊☺️

 

Yes, indeed, we can but dream.

Watching the Cricket helps too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes, indeed, we can but dream.

Watching the Cricket helps too.

One day it will happen ™️🎉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously we have plenty of cause to celebrate the day Venkys sell the club. That said...(tin hat on)

Would this even benefit us all that much at this point? FFP nonsense means we can't spend any more than we seem to be planning on spending over the next couple of years without suffering points deductions etc. Unless they would be more willing to find creative ways around it, of course. What the club needs to progress is, therefore, smarter and more sensible owners. Not a big ask, but are Sheikhs whose approach to success has been to chuck inordinate amounts of money at problems going to help or hinder? It might simply shatter the stability we finally seem to be finding. Or see us overspend, fail to be promoted, and get smacked with punishments. (Yes I know the alternative outcome would be huge spending and promotion)

On the other hand, this completely-not-happening story gave me a semi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr X said:

One day it will happen ™️🎉

 

I'm 67 now and without wanting to tempt fate that's a decent age in my Family history. I hope I'm around to see it, almost a decade down the drain already and all due to an Indian family. RUNTS.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Obviously we have plenty of cause to celebrate the day Venkys sell the club. That said...(tin hat on)

Would this even benefit us all that much at this point? FFP nonsense means we can't spend any more than we seem to be planning on spending over the next couple of years without suffering points deductions etc. Unless they would be more willing to find creative ways around it, of course. What the club needs to progress is, therefore, smarter and more sensible owners. Not a big ask, but are Sheikhs whose approach to success has been to chuck inordinate amounts of money at problems going to help or hinder? It might simply shatter the stability we finally seem to be finding. Or see us overspend, fail to be promoted, and get smacked with punishments. (Yes I know the alternative outcome would be huge spending and promotion)

On the other hand, this completely-not-happening story gave me a semi.

For all that see Wolves. They got lucky with good rich owners and did what they needed to. Obey the Ffp laws to the letter and you'll likely go nowhere. The clued up owners work around them, ours hide behind them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I'm 57 now and without wanting to tempt fate that's a decent age in my Family history. I hope I'm around to see it, almost a decade down the drain already and all due to an Indian family. RUNTS.

You'll see them leave and get to join in the celebrations with us all! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr X said:

You'll see them leave and get to join in the celebrations with us all! 

 

Hope so, my post had a typo in it, now corrected :rover:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Rather not have owners from a despotic ruling family thank you.

Raos haven't left. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Obviously we have plenty of cause to celebrate the day Venkys sell the club. That said...(tin hat on)

Would this even benefit us all that much at this point? FFP nonsense means we can't spend any more than we seem to be planning on spending over the next couple of years without suffering points deductions etc. Unless they would be more willing to find creative ways around it, of course. What the club needs to progress is, therefore, smarter and more sensible owners. Not a big ask, but are Sheikhs whose approach to success has been to chuck inordinate amounts of money at problems going to help or hinder? It might simply shatter the stability we finally seem to be finding. Or see us overspend, fail to be promoted, and get smacked with punishments. (Yes I know the alternative outcome would be huge spending and promotion)

On the other hand, this completely-not-happening story gave me a semi.

You can’t have “stability” with £180m+ of debt.

You just have absolutely dependency on a drug that is slowly killing you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JHRover said:

For all that see Wolves. They got lucky with good rich owners and did what they needed to. Obey the Ffp laws to the letter and you'll likely go nowhere. The clued up owners work around them, ours hide behind them.

I did pretty much cover that though. I accepted it can also go very right if you're lucky (more clubs fail at it than succeed though) and that there are ways around it (those are finally being challenged though). If rich owners could come in with the will and nous to pump money in without coming a cropper, and manage the club sensibly within those resources, obviously that'd be ideal. I'd just hate after all this suffering, to think we were free and then it be out of the frying pan into the fire.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

You can’t have “stability” with £180m+ of debt.

You just have absolutely dependency on a drug that is slowly killing you.

You can if they literally never call it in. They keep suggesting that's the case. 'No expectation of repayment' shows up in every accounts publication. Obviously I'm not fool enough to assume that's true, but it's like anything else with those mad fucks - maybe, maybe not. Agree it often feels like we have dependency on a drug that's killing us though. It's crazy that we've become reliant on cash injections from the people who ruined us.

Even crazier that they've always rejected overtures to buy us out of hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Hope so, my post had a typo in it, now corrected :rover:

Nope, the last word in the post is still incorrect by 1 letter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a population of over 1.3 billion people – and growing – India is the world’s largest democracy, and the second largest country on the planet after China. With a score of 7.81 on the democracy index, India is also classed as a flawed democracy. At the 2014 general election – the largest in the world, Narendra Modi’s BJP won the most seats and went on to form a government. The country is due to go back to the polls in 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

With a population of over 1.3 billion people – and growing – India is the world’s largest democracy, and the second largest country on the planet after China. With a score of 7.81 on the democracy index, India is also classed as a flawed democracy. At the 2014 general election – the largest in the world, Narendra Modi’s BJP won the most seats and went on to form a government. The country is due to go back to the polls in 2019.

What does that mean and where does India’s caste system fit into a democracy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.