BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Old Rovers Footage

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

A  question for the Moderators,could we have a permanently pinned thread allowing us to post links to old Rovers footage... we should be proud of our history.

Hold that thought... @OnePhilT is working on something that could turn into a Rovers archive section of the site...announcements as soon as we have something to share...??

• Like 3

• Guest changed the title to Old Rovers Footage
  • Guest pinned this topic

Rovers v WBA at Ewood FA Cup 5th round 1952...The Blue n Whtes win 1-0 in front of 51,000 and then comes an old foe.....

Rovers V Burnley at Ewood FA Cup 6th round 1952....The Blue n Whites win 3-1 in front of a crowd of 53,000.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

I remember going to friendly at Spotland, Rochdale v Everton in about 1970, Howard Kendall came over to take a throw in about 6 ft from where I was stood. I really rated him as a top young player but when I looked at the back of his head you could see the bald patch just starting to emerge. I wasn't quite as jealous after that.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I remember going to friendly at Spotland, Rochdale v Everton in about 1970, Howard Kendall came over to take a throw in about 6 ft from where I was stood. I really rated him as a top young player but when I looked at the back of his head you could see the bald patch just starting to emerge. I wasn't quite as jealous after that.

I've been bald since I was 19 so I can't really comment on that heh heh, but Howard Kendall signed my brother for Rovers as a 16 year old and our kid ended up with one of his shirts (same kit as is featured in that clip above). I was always surprised at how small it was. Top bloke and what a player and manager he was!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Phil,sorry to come over as being Pedantic but wouldn't this thread have been better pinned to the main message board as that has by far the biggest viewing...just seems a shame to have it tucked away here.

I completely agree with you. This should not be tucked away.

• Like 2

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

I've been bald since I was 19 so I can't really comment on that heh heh, but Howard Kendall signed my brother for Rovers as a 16 year old and our kid ended up with one of his shirts (same kit as is featured in that clip above). I was always surprised at how small it was. Top bloke and what a player and manager he was!

Yeah, he was unlucky to be playing in an era when there was a glut of top wing halves ( defensive midfield  players ) then so I don't think he ever got a full cap. He'd be a walk in now when you see the likes of Dier, Delph and Rice getting caps.

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

He’d not get in that shirt now!

Sorry

?

• Like 1

Just now, OnePhilT said:

That section is actually a space for important topics that can still be actively discussed years after the previous post has been made.

This part of the message board moves fast, and we need to archive topics from this section that are no longer discussed - mainly for performance reasons, but also because many posters start up duplicate threads on those that already exist, but have been inactive for over a year (mainly because this requires searching, which can be a bit of an effort).

Nevertheless, I pinned it here yesterday as requested - hope that's OK for everyone.

A day or so ago I was looking for Lancs Manx Cup stuff on Google and got directed to a page on the MB. I was looking for a game we played in the Isle of Man v IoM at Castletown Stadium as I attended. I wanted to post a unique Team photo (I took it pre match!) but could not as the Thread was archived and locked. Hence why this sort of thread should be kept in view. If that makes sense.

Phil,is there a limit to how many pinned threads you can have on the main board?

I was hoping this could be permanently pinned here for members to add footage of Rovers when/if it becomes available for viewing...let new Rovers fans and opposition fans know exactly what our famous old club is all about.

I fully understand if this is not possible.