Sign in to follow this  
 Alex Rover

MATT JANSEN - The Autobiography - What was, what is and what might have been

Just now, rog of the rovers said:

Just bought this on Kindle.

Looking forward to reading it later.

Early reviews seem positive....

I got it yesterday afternoon and have avidly read several chapters already. I have read lots of autobiographies over the years and this is up there with the best so far (and I haven't even got to him playing for us yet).

On 15/08/2019 at 22:10, DeeCee said:

Shameless plug. I like it. 👍

Indeed. It sounds like a very hair raising experience.

On 10/09/2019 at 12:24, Tom said:

Loved Matty one of my all time favourites but I have to confess I always believed he wasn’t wearing a helmet and perhaps even felt a little bitter towards him for it.

Remember after a midweek game at Anfield the world was at his feet, measured up for flight socks and then it all went horrifically wrong. 

Also remember him scoring in one of Hughes early games and we all thought he was back :(

It's been an enduring myth that Jansen never wore a crash helmet, even within non-Rovers circles.

Wonder how that got started?

Halfway through the book now, and its a good read.

My friend and I went to Rome back in 2010 and after being there for about 2-3 minutes and seeing the road situation, I turned to him and said ''What the hell was Matt Jansen thinking?''

Italian roads, particularly in cities are something else!

One of my Godsons has been sent the link so he doesn't have to email me as to what I want for Christmas!!

20 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Matt was amazing last night....AND he’s recorded a special bit with us for our very own BRFCS podcast....coming next weekend all being well....

E5FD6E3A-8487-4456-96BA-56B01537CBAE.jpeg

3B722046-8C08-47F2-B685-2A11D5EF6A23.jpeg

E995B5F4-8282-47DF-95B1-39D8DAC9597E.jpeg

45A183AB-4149-4C5E-88B9-EADCAEC0D8D7.png

When did Elton John come back?

Matt got a great reception at half time and he seemed to really appreciate it. He got an extra cheer when he mentioned the 5-0 Easter Sunday battering of that lot.

10 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

When did Elton John come back?

I was thinking if the two Dumb and Dumber characters had a love child.

Image result for dumb and dumber

Edited by JacknOry

Two thirds the way through the book. A great read, the best football book that I’ve read since ‘A Life Too Short’ detailing the tragedy of Robert Enke. Highly recommended.

6 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Two thirds the way through the book. A great read, the best football book that I’ve read since ‘A Life Too Short’ detailing the tragedy of Robert Enke. Highly recommended.

Podcast now out...  :)

As always, apologies for sharing a paywalled link (I think they'll let you look at one article, if your cookies haven't already logged a view), but The Athletic's latest 'Perfect Player' feature has Jansen describing his 'Perfect Blackburn Rovers Player': https://theathletic.com/1224181/2019/10/05/perfect-player-matt-jansen-tugay-would-smell-of-tobacco-in-the-dressing-room-then-run-the-show-for-45-minutes/

If you can't access the link, in short (it's actually a fairly short article): Tugay's right foot and intelligance, Duff's left foot, Gillespie's speed, Short's heading, MGP's engine, Flitcroft's tackling, and Reid's 'niceness'.

Edited by RoverCanada