BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

I thought a new thread would be in order for the new Championship season.

It looks like Middlesbrough are set to appoint Woodgate as their new boss. I'm praying he finds a role for Stewart Downing.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11680/11740080/jonathan-woodgate-set-to-take-over-as-middlesbrough-boss

Also Steve Cooper looks like he will be named as the new as the new Swansea mananger. I know Steve well as I am close friends with his dad. I think it's a shrewd appointment and wish him all the best apart from when we play them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48541951

• Like 1

It could be a very interesting season and maybe the adage anyone can beat anyone, may well apply to the coming season, even more than the last 2-3 seasons. A quick look at the relegation odds for example has Barnsley as the 2/1 favourites to go down, but none other teams, including Rovers are under 5/1. The favourites for promotion are Leeds at 7/4 but even that market is tight as a further 8 teams are then priced at 5/1 or under. As usual the first ten games are crucial and should give us an indication as to whether we will be fighting at the top or bottom end. 

Agreed about the need for a good start. None of the teams which went on exceptional runs after a poor start - PNE, Hull, Bristol City, QPR and Brum made the play offs.

PNE probaby this season's surprise package at the top end and there will be a completely unexpected struggle. 

Stoke to go down?

Bilic is strong favourite to get the West Brom job. I think that would be a very strong appointment by them and with some backing would have them right up there this season. They will surely lose a few players from last season including the senior players like Morrison, Brunt and Barry but I can't see Bilic turning up without funds behind him. In fact I'm surprised he's prepared to manage in the Championship at all.

The others - Swansea, Boro and Hull - all seem to be going down the inexperienced route which is a gamble that could go either way.

14 PLAYERS ON THE BOOKS AT BOLTON

Troubled Bolton have announced they have just 14 contracted players on their books.

The Trotters, who are currently in administration following relegation from the Sky Bet Championship, are down to the bare bones as news of a potential takeover is awaited.

Of the group of players on their retained list, just nine featured in their first team last season, including two third-year scholars. The list is made up with more scholars or members of the U23s side.

The regular first-teamers retained are Ben Alnwick, Connor Hall, Jason Lowe, Josh Magennis, Remi Matthews, Luke Murphy and Erhun Oztumer with scholars Lucas Connell and Ronan Darcy having also broken into the side.

Bolton in some trouble. 

14 players on the books, only 9 of which are first teamers, one of which is Jason Lowe.

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Rumours Garry Monk set to leave Birmingham. Better job lined up elsewhere or strange owners getting carried away like when they binned Rowett off?

Their fans are fuming.

Is it just me that always forgets which one is Garry Monk and which one is Gary Rowett?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Rumours Garry Monk set to leave Birmingham. Better job lined up elsewhere or strange owners getting carried away like when they binned Rowett off?

Their fans are fuming.

Media reporting he is unhappy with the Jota/Gardner swap and the transfer and wage budget for this season

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Is he not just like that young skinny boy we brought on last game.? Why buy when we have one just as good. 

Just as good? Time will tell but at this moment in time he is not - Connell was called up for the Rep of Ireland full squad just last month, is 18 and probably about to sign for Celtic but has also been linked with Spurs among others.. 

Would be a snip signing considering Boltons situation - value for money and all that. Celtic likely to pay just 300k.

On 12/06/2019 at 09:26, arbitro said:

I thought a new thread would be in order for the new Championship season.

It looks like Middlesbrough are set to appoint Woodgate as their new boss. I'm praying he finds a role for Stewart Downing.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11680/11740080/jonathan-woodgate-set-to-take-over-as-middlesbrough-boss

Also Steve Cooper looks like he will be named as the new as the new Swansea mananger. I know Steve well as I am close friends with his dad. I think it's a shrewd appointment and wish him all the best apart from when we play them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48541951

I’m just glad Woodgate has got the job there - or Mogga might have tried to sign him!

• Like 6

On 13/06/2019 at 09:25, philipl said:

Agreed about the need for a good start. None of the teams which went on exceptional runs after a poor start - PNE, Hull, Bristol City, QPR and Brum made the play offs.

PNE probaby this season's surprise package at the top end and there will be a completely unexpected struggle. 

Stoke to go down?

Didn't Villa have a poor start, sacked their manager and finish the season getting promoted? 

Why would PNE be a surprise really as they just missed out on the play offs for the last two seasons?

• Like 1