BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

Stoke will have known their budget and will have been working on that basis since March knowing what league they were going to be in with their manager wanting to make changes ahead of next season.

Our manager didn't even know the owners intentions, let alone budget, until he flew around the world a couple of weeks ago since when he's been on holiday.

Not rocket science is it?

• Like 2

Charlton have announced that Lee Bowyer is set to leave after failing to agree a new deal. They've also said that whilst they try to complete a sale they won't appoint a new manager. 

A remarkable statement on their website. 

At least that's one club in chaos.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

“Unlike previous contract discussions, Lee wanted an agent to handle it. We reluctantly accepted. However, involving a player agent in a manager’s contract discussion is not healthy. If the agent helps make the manager more money, it may result in the manager to have a more positive attitude towards players proposed by the same agent, a conflict of interest. Obviously, Lee is above such things, but it is nevertheless not a healthy situation. “

Interesting viewpoint. 

1 hour ago, old darwen blue said:

“Unlike previous contract discussions, Lee wanted an agent to handle it. We reluctantly accepted. However, involving a player agent in a manager’s contract discussion is not healthy. If the agent helps make the manager more money, it may result in the manager to have a more positive attitude towards players proposed by the same agent, a conflict of interest. Obviously, Lee is above such things, but it is nevertheless not a healthy situation. “

Interesting viewpoint. 

That would never happen. The football authorities would be all over it.

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Just now, JacknOry said:

So, nothing a little dodgy about the fact that Forest have sold Hillal Soudani to Olympiakos for an 'undisclosed' fee. The common denominator between the two clubs? Owned by the same man.

It's like starting a football manager game with 2 clubs and having 1 make a huge bid for a player you would never have played anyway. 

I wonder was it a big fee in this instance? 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's like starting a football manager game with 2 clubs and having 1 make a huge bid for a player you would never have played anyway. 

I wonder was it a big fee in this instance? 

I used to do that as a kid actually. Start a two player game, sign all the best players i could from one team at knock down prices and sell all my dross back to them at extortionate prices. Then resign player two.

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

I used to do that as a kid actually. Start a two player game, sign all the best players i could from one team at knock down prices and sell all my dross back to them at extortionate prices. Then resign player two.

I used to do a variation of this with Burnley, but it went more along the lines of selling all their best players dirt cheap, signing a bunch of terrible free transfers on huge multi-year contracts, wasting the entire transfer budget on somebody like Andrews or Lowe, then resigning and watching with satisfaction as they sink into both league and financial oblivion. Good times.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, DE. said:

I used to do a variation of this with Burnley, but it went more along the lines of selling all their best players dirt cheap, signing a bunch of terrible free transfers on huge multi-year contracts, wasting the entire transfer budget on somebody like Andrews or Lowe, then resigning and watching with satisfaction as they sink into both league and financial oblivion. Good times.

A bit like the old John Bond method?

• Like 1