BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

8 hours ago, Butty said:

That’s how you do it ?? Wouldn’t have said no too any of these signings. 

27C4CBDE-F78F-4C83-AE8E-09149010284F.png

Was just going to post similar. Shows organisation and planning after an indifferent season AND it didn't cost them the earth either. Powell in particular is a coup imo. Shows how lagging behind we are in this area. 

• Moderation Lead
9 hours ago, roverandout said:

Great to see an English manager in charge of a champions League club..what's the problem?

There isn't one, it's just that I (and I imagine I'm not alone) are remarking that he's considerably less experienced than most of his predecessors....

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Was just going to post similar. Shows organisation and planning after an indifferent season AND it didn't cost them the earth either. Powell in particular is a coup imo. Shows how lagging behind we are in this area. 

The problem with Powell , is he misses a lot of games ..

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

There isn't one, it's just that I (and I imagine I'm not alone) are remarking that he's considerably less experienced than most of his predecessors....

Never mind experience!

This is a man who amazingly took a team who finished sixth, added a wealth of talented youngsters from his connections in the game, added Marriott for 5m, Waghorn for 7m... was hyped up to hell and got them to finish...

Sixth.

Good luck Chelsea.

(not)

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Butty said:

That’s how you do it ?? Wouldn’t have said no too any of these signings. 

27C4CBDE-F78F-4C83-AE8E-09149010284F.png

Also set too sign Stephen Ward, left back who’s been released by Burnley. Good blend of young potential and experience they have signed. I’ve seen some say they aren’t impressed but I personally wouldn’t have turned down any of these lads. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, Butty said:

Also set too sign Stephen Ward, left back who’s been released by Burnley. Good blend of young potential and experience they have signed. I’ve seen some say they aren’t impressed but I personally wouldn’t have turned down any of these lads. 

Personally would only have had Lindsay out of them all. Powell possibly, at a stretch.

Would've liked Lee Gregory as a younger back up to Graham too to be fair, but probably not on the wages that Stoke will be paying him.

Looks like a good bit of business, but I suppose it's to be expected to be blowing teams out of the water for wages when they still have parachute payments. Shame we mainly squandered ours. 

Edited by Admiral Nelsen

12 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Personally would only have had Lindsay out of them all. Powell possibly, at a stretch.

You wouldn’t have taken Stephen Ward as a backup too Bell? I personally feel we need a new starting left back but if we haven’t got the budget then Ward would have been an able deputy for Bell. Lee Gregory also, better than Samuel Nuttall and Brereton. Plus you’d definitely take a fully fit Powell, and like you said Liam Lindsay is a good signing. We wouldn’t have been able too offer the wages Stoke have probably paid them but people saying they wouldn’t take any of them here I don’t buy at all.. Be interesting to compare our business with theirs at the end of the summer. 

Edited by Butty
  • Like 1

I would be very disappointed if we had signed those five players that Stoke have just signed; they are mid table championship players. I think they've gone down the hard working, championship players route but they aren't going to get them near the top 6. However, our lack of transfer activity, and the lack of activity generally, doesn't give us much to benchmark against.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Never mind experience!

This is a man who amazingly took a team who finished sixth, added a wealth of talented youngsters from his connections in the game, added Marriott for 5m, Waghorn for 7m... was hyped up to hell and got them to finish...

Sixth.

Good luck Chelsea.

(not)

You forgot to add in they had a bucket load of talent there as well as all the additions that he brought in. Very overrated. (I agree with your post btw just think he was even less impressive given he inherited a heap of good players too...)

Edited by Blue blood

7 hours ago, rovers11 said:

I would be very disappointed if we had signed those five players that Stoke have just signed; they are mid table championship players. I think they've gone down the hard working, championship players route but they aren't going to get them near the top 6. However, our lack of transfer activity, and the lack of activity generally, doesn't give us much to benchmark against.  

So you’re expecting us too bring in players who are better than “mid table championship” quality? F**k me you’re going too be seriously pissed off come the end of this window aren’t you ?

Lampard and Morris are probably a good choice for Chelsea at this time. They know the club and young players, so with the transfer ban, they will need to utilise those avenues. Looking at it objectively though, he didn't set the world alight at Derby. They finished 6 the season before he took over, he spent a fair bit, plus got some top young talent from Chelsea and he finished 6 again. I wouldn't go as far as style over substance, but it seemed he was shielded from any criticism there. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

That Mason Mount for one is top quality - now that would a be a loan signing id have here in a heartbeat. He will be off to another promotion chasing Championship side though. 

But yeah, probably the right fit for Chelsea right now. Not allowed to sign players, will have little choice but to work with some of the 300 youth players on their books - why pay top dollar for a big name when they wont be signing anyone? They basically just need a coach. 

I think morris is nearly the most important part of the deal for Chelsea. He had huge success as their under age coach/manager. 

They just need to recall the 789 players they have out on loan now and start having a look at them.

Todd Kane will die of old age out on loan. Must be weird for him every pre-season, first team players who signed a year ago asking "who are you?" 

• Backroom

I have no idea how it'll work out for Lampard at Chelsea. I thought he did alright at Derby considering it was his first ever managerial post, and he hadn't really been involved in coaching or anything like that beforehand. If he surrounds himself with knowledgable people it might work out. It'll be interesting regardless. I'd rather see Lampard given a shot than one of the usual suspects from the good old boys managerial merry-go-round.

• Moderation Lead

I'd like to see Lampard succeed, in many ways. But Chelsea is a very hard club to get it right at.

Some superb managers have been canned for very little there. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Kane’s nearly 26 and never played a game for the club he’s spent his career contracted to.

A symbol of a broken system.

Absolutely crazy.

I wonder what is going on there. I am sure they have received bids for him. Does he not want to go, do they not want to let him go? His career history is mad looking, on loan for 8 seasons i think it is 

Just now, K-Hod said:

I'd like to see Lampard succeed, in many ways. But Chelsea is a very hard club to get it right at.

Some superb managers have been canned for very little there. 

The inevitable canning of Lampard will be one that Abrahmovic will need to be careful with. I read that he said he will be given 2 seasons regardless. Lets see how that works out. Previous managers there have done well to make 2 seasons. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel