BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

Just now, K-Hod said:

Management wise, Keane and O’Neill are yesterday’s men. 

Agreed, but I don't think Keane is happy just to be a pundit. It will be interesting to see when or if someone takes another chance on him. I thought Sunderland would be a good fit if they got rid of their manager. 

Can you imagine playing for him though? 

Just now, K-Hod said:

Management wise, Keane and O’Neill are yesterday’s men. 

O'Neill might well be but at the right club with the right owners Keane could still well be a success, what he would need are sensible stable owners who would back his ambition and standards. He had tremendous success at Sunderland and he finished mid table with Ipswich which bar a season or two under McCarthy is where they spend the 13-14 years.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

O'Neill might well be but at the right club with the right owners Keane could still well be a success, what he would need are sensible stable owners who would back his ambition and standards. He had tremendous success at Sunderland and he finished mid table with Ipswich which bar a season or two under McCarthy is where they spend the 13-14 years.

It would have to be a very special circumstance.

@K-Hod is right, thankfully the world has moved on from motivation through fear and bravado.

The man has the emotional intelligence of a sponge and the depth of a puddle.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

It would have to be a very special circumstance.

@K-Hod is right, thankfully the world has moved on from motivation through fear and bravado.

The man has the emotional intelligence of a sponge and the depth of a puddle.

You don't achieve what Roy Keane did the game by have the 'emotional intelligence of a sponge'. Take the 1999 Champions League semi final he got booked and knew he would miss the final but did he start bawling like Gascoigne in 1990? No he put in a match winning performance.

That is the thing with Keane is he's a winner as was shown by his career and he expects his players to have the same ambition and standards that he did.

• Like 3

You don't achieve what Roy Keane did the game by have the 'emotional intelligence of a sponge'. Take the 1999 Champions League semi final he got booked and knew he would miss the final but did he start bawling like Gascoigne in 1990? No he put in a match winning performance.

That is the thing with Keane is he's a winner as was shown by his career and he expects his players to have the same ambition and standards that he did.

The first bit doesn’t really make sense regarding my point about emotional intelligence and the second part kind of illustrates what I mean.

For example, how Roy Keane deals with injuries -

https://talksport.com/football/421006/roy-keane-transcript-row/

He’s a dick.

• Like 3

Keane has fantastic on pitch leadership qualities. For those 90 minutes he led by example.

Totally different skill set to manage a team and staff daily and though I’ve obviously not seen him behind closed doors, he doesn’t seem to be cut out for that in the slightest.

• Like 2

The first bit doesn’t really make sense regarding my point about emotional intelligence and the second part kind of illustrates what I mean.

For example, how Roy Keane deals with injuries -

https://talksport.com/football/421006/roy-keane-transcript-row/

He’s a dick.

It's an alleged story. But if it is true then perhaps those 3 players should have listened to him as Keane achieved more than those 3 players combined could even dream of. 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I always said having Keane in your team when he was in his prime was like playing with 12 when everybody else had 11. He was as good a central midfield player as I have seen.

Keane would have been World Class in any era and there is not a lot of players you could say that about especially players in the last 25 years. 

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

It's an alleged story. But if it is true then perhaps those 3 players should have listened to him as Keane achieved more than those 3 players combined could even dream of. 

Be that as it may, he’d still be a shit manager.

Be that as it may, he’d still be a shit manager.

He wasn't at Sunderland, he took over of them bottom of the League and in the same season won the league. He also kept them up the following season when the other two promoted sides both went down. 

He wasn't at Sunderland, he took over of them bottom of the League and in the same season won the league. He also kept them up the following season when the other two promoted sides both went down. 

That was 15 years ago.

He last left Ipswich in 21st, and then fell out with everyone at Ireland.

He needs to drop the ”everyone should be exactly like me or they are shit” ego bollocks or he won’t be successful again.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

That was 15 years ago.

He last left Ipswich in 21st, and then fell out with everyone at Ireland.

He needs to drop the ”everyone should be exactly like me or they are shit” ego bollocks or he won’t be successful again.

It was the 2006-2007 season when he won the Championship just one year before our Tony enjoyed his finest hour by winning the Championship with West Brom.

It was the 2006-2007 season when he won the Championship just one year before our Tony enjoyed his finest hour by winning the Championship with West Brom.

I stand corrected. Still a generation of players ago.

Look - managers aren’t successful anymore by strutting about playing off their own achievements and expecting to change people to be just like them through the medium of bollockings.

Name one?

People are better motivated by understanding them and what makes them tick. 

I don’t see Roy being able to be flexible like that, and certainly not at the highest level.

He’s an angry and aggressive old school football man.

Those times have gone, he’ll have to adapt A LOT

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

Keane was poisonous in the united dressing room towards the end of his time there. That's why he was sold to Celtic. Read fergies autobiography, Keane led a revolt against Ferguson. In the dressing room he got all the united players to criticize fergies regime, Beckham, Neville etc. Also read he went mad when he was given a standard shally when on tour with united, all the other players got the same but Keane kicked up a fuss.

9 hours ago, roverandout said:

Keane was poisonous in the united dressing room towards the end of his time there. That's why he was sold to Celtic. Read fergies autobiography, Keane led a revolt against Ferguson. In the dressing room he got all the united players to criticize fergies regime, Beckham, Neville etc. Also read he went mad when he was given a standard shally when on tour with united, all the other players got the same but Keane kicked up a fuss.

Keane reminds of these faux-intellectuals who end up frustrated and defeated by their lack of actual intellect.

• Like 3

I was surprised when O'Neill got the Forest job given their owners reputation and past. It seems the owner felt getting a club legend in would galvanise them and win over the supporters but it hasn't really happened. He's probably finished in management now. Suspect there was a bust up of sorts with Keane leaving last week or he knew the axe was coming.

All good for us IMO. Another club unstable and chaotic to go with Birmingham, Hull, Charlton, soon to be Derby. Inexperienced managers at Fulham, Huddersfield, Middlesbrough, Swansea could go any way. 

Great opportunity for a stable well run club to come through this season and challenge. Will that be us? Doubt it unless there's a radical change in approach.

On 29/06/2019 at 00:34, roverandout said:

Fake news

He was doing what he always did, the reason Ferguson got rid of him this time was because he wasn't the same player and was getting injured a lot. The right call in fairness from a football point of view, but Ferguson only used the MUTV thing as an excuse. 

On 29/06/2019 at 10:03, Stuart said:

Keane reminds of these faux-intellectuals who end up frustrated and defeated by their lack of actual intellect.

He plays up to the cameras now for sure, but I don't think he thinks he is an intellectual or that he even wants to be. In fact I
think intellectuals would probably go in the long list of "people Roy hates"

On 29/06/2019 at 10:27, JHRover said:

I was surprised when O'Neill got the Forest job given their owners reputation and past. It seems the owner felt getting a club legend in would galvanise them and win over the supporters but it hasn't really happened. He's probably finished in management now. Suspect there was a bust up of sorts with Keane leaving last week or he knew the axe was coming.

All good for us IMO. Another club unstable and chaotic to go with Birmingham, Hull, Charlton, soon to be Derby. Inexperienced managers at Fulham, Huddersfield, Middlesbrough, Swansea could go any way. 

Great opportunity for a stable well run club to come through this season and challenge. Will that be us? Doubt it unless there's a radical change in approach.

Something went down for sure, I would say Keane got out to save having another sacking on his CV. They are racking up now.

Edited by Bigdoggsteel