BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

Just now, DE. said:

Strange to see such a young and relatively inexperienced manager involved in something like this. You might expect it from an older head who has built up various contacts and a track record in the game, but not so much from somebody who started managing five years ago. You have to think it's going to be difficult for him to get back in the game in England for a while. 

Steve Kean was a new manager.

Exactly the same but Monk could coach a bit and not get away with it with his owners.

Tv show along these lines would be good. Like Dexter but with the targets being corrupt/ignorant football personnel like owners, managers, players, UEFA, media, agents, idiotic fans and selfish greedy families.

Maybe I should submit a pilot script...

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Steve Kean was a new manager.

Exactly the same but Monk could coach a bit and not get away with it with his owners.

True, although Kean had been coaching for years beforehand so arguably had more experience on the non-playing side of the game. Also far less known than Monk, who you'd think would want to keep his reputation in tact. 

Just now, Scotland1 said:

What are other teams in our division doing pre season? Are they playing plodders? We did this last year and we looked unfit come start of the season and lacking sharpnesss

We played Hibs, Liverpool and Everton, no?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

We played Hibs, Liverpool and Everton, no?

Yeah last season he purposely ramped up the competitiveness of pre-season after complaining that we were under-prepared for our League 1 campaign leading to a really poor start.

Surprised the quality of our opponent seems to have gone down again, but Mowbray mentioned wanting to play on the ball more.

On 05/07/2019 at 20:41, Glosrover said:

Championship table based on wage bill (extracted from last published accounts) source walesonline.com

The final Championship table predicted based on wage bills

1: Stoke City £94.2m

2: West Brom £92.2m

3: Swansea City £90.7m

4: Huddersfield £62.6m

5: Fulham £54.3m

6: Middlesbrough £48.7m

7: Cardiff City £48.4m

8: Derby £40.4m

9: Birmingham £38.5m

10: Reading £35.3m

11: Leeds £31.3m

12: Hull £31.1m

13: QPR £30.6m

14: Sheff Wed £29.3m

15: Nottm Forest £27.7m

16: Bristol City £27.2m

17: Brentford £17.1m

18: Balckburn £16.7m

19: Preston £15m

20: Millwall £13.3m

21: Wigan £11.7m

22: Barnsley £10.6m

23: Charlton £10.2m

24: Luton £6.2m

Figures based upon the most recent accounts published

If you going to spell a team wrong, better not your own!!! 

There are several fire sales looking at those wage bills compared to Championship turnovers

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Interesting news (if true)

Brave, and overdue. ?

I saw that this morning and thought he meant the guy would be on the show at 10am!

Could be more Shite from Jim White though, like the time he tweeted that he was "coming for the Venkys" 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

• Moderation Lead

Just a reminder, homophobia isn’t allowed and will be and has been dealt with accordingly. 

Posts advising everyone else of how disgusting it is are noted, but also removed, so as not to allow those initial posts air time ?.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 9

Sounds like Bruce might be off to Newcastle. I know he is from there or close to it, but if he does go you would have to say he screwed Wednesday big time. Firstly by delaying taking over and then leaving mid summer after, what, 3 months in charge? 

Imagine thay happened here. Oh God Waggott would get it. I wonder are the Wednesday fans pissed at the chairman or Bruce? 

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sounds like Bruce might be off to Newcastle. I know he is from there or close to it, but if he does go you would have to say he screwed Wednesday big time. Firstly by delaying taking over and then leaving mid summer after, what, 3 months in charge? 

Imagine thay happened here. Oh God Waggott would get it. I wonder are the Wednesday fans pissed at the chairman or Bruce? 

Think they are just gutted, weirdly never seem to criticise their batty owner.

Both sets of fans would be unhappy, which is hilarious.

I've been trying to start a Schteeve McLaren rumour in the office today as Brucie's replacement.

Not going down too well!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JHRover said:

From our point of view I hope Bruce gets the Newcastle job. If he's at Wednesday I think they'll be there abouts this season. Without him probably mediocre.

Completely disagree. The man’s a football dinosaur and their embargoed squad is awful.

With a new manager they are an unknown quantity. Could be someone good.

Could just as easily flirt with relegation, as the same (but younger) squad did with Jos.

Another £100 bet on us finishing above them is incoming.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
27 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Completely disagree. The man’s a football dinosaur and their embargoed squad is awful.

Could just as easily flirt with relegation, as the same (but younger) squad did with Jos.

Do you like losing money pal? ?

I don’t think they’d get anyone better for this league with an embargoed squad than him. 

Edited by K-Hod

39 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Don't remember a Bruce managed side at this level ever struggling. Birmingham, Hull, Villa always there or thereabouts around the top 6, four promotions and a play-off final, very decent record at Wednesday last season too.

Maybe not promotion ready but certainly won't be in relegation trouble under him.

In the Premier League he struggles but in the Championship I'd class him alongside McCarthy and Warnock as extremely good at what he does. Maybe not easy on the eye but results speak for themselves.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Did pretty well when he was in charge last season. 18 Games, 29 points and just 17 goals conceded. Bruce knows exactly what is needed to succeed in this league which is why he has done it multiple times.

• Like 4