BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

• Moderation Lead
20 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Take out Bannan and maybe Reach (and someone probably will) and they are just overpaid ageing gutless sods.

They won’t be a threat under Bruce and without him they’ll do well to consolidate.

So basically, they’d be better off with him? ?

It’s okay to admit you’re wrong mate, I won’t mind! ?

Edited by K-Hod

2 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Completely disagree. The man’s a football dinosaur and their embargoed squad is awful.

With a new manager they are an unknown quantity. Could be someone good.

Could just as easily flirt with relegation, as the same (but younger) squad did with Jos.

Another £100 bet on us finishing above them is incoming.

I personally have to say you’re out on this one bruv!

Steve Bruce is a solid Championship manager. Fact he turned round “the worst team we’ve played at Ewood” last season says enough to me to suggest he’s still got it.

Newcastle is a different story though. With all the crap going on, I would be surprised to see him keep them up!

• Like 1

Think Bruce is a poor man's Big Sam.

When Sam leaves a club, sadly they mainly go one way (Bolton from Europe downwards and now in administration), Newcastle relegated (Ashley should have showed balls and stuck with Sam), Rovers..........from top 10 PL to almost oblivion, need we say any more, Sunderland....well.

Good and effective managers are hard to find and worth their weight in gold. 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

So basically, they’d be better off with him? ?

It’s okay to admit you’re wrong mate, I won’t mind! ?

Nah it’s all about the unknown, still the risk they get someone highly competent!

@Biz when have I EVER been wrong? 

Watch this space ?

• Moderation Lead
Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Nah it’s all about the unknown, still the risk they get someone highly competent!

Watch this space ?

I think you’re blinded by your dislike of Sheffield Wednesday tbh...

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Watch this space ?

Agree on the chance of Sheff weds being crapper than us this year! 

19 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I think you’re blinded by your dislike of Sheffield Wednesday tbh...

I’d take their keeper, and Barry Bannan could join the collection in CM...

But I’d have Graham over Fletcher, Dack over Forestieri, Rothwell over Reach all day long.

The rest are nobodies.

Honestly, have a good look at their squad!

People have been sleeping on this FFP ticking timebomb big style

Admittedly the dislike is unhealthy!

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

I’ve always had a lot of time for Sheffield Wednesday.

Go in my ‘grand old club’ category along with our good selves, Wolves, Nottingham Forest, Derby County.

Obviously living and working with folk changes your attitude. Me and my Dad have spent a lot of time working Preston way and we have a dislike of PNE that outweighs most Rovers fans who generally see them akin to a Blackpool or Wigan.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

In fairness, you can can't knock Bruce's record at this level. I think the Wednesday job is the most difficult he has had though. Would probably get them in or around the play offs though. If he goes, I think they are in big trouble. Imagine a few players will be pretty disillusioned. I wonder do they have a chance of appointing Hughton. He would make sense,but he might be waiting for something more attractive. 

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Obviously living and working with folk changes your attitude. Me and my Dad have spent a lot of time working Preston way and we have a dislike of PNE that outweighs most Rovers fans who generally see them akin to a Blackpool or Wigan.

I was born in Blackpool to 2 'exiled' Blackburners and can identify with this.

I was the only 7-year-old in my class at school who knew that Rovers - then midway in Division Two - were better than the Blackpool team which beat Bolton in the last minute of the 1953 Cup Final because my Dad told me so. And he wouldn't have lied about something so important.

Because I came over with schoolmates to Division One games at Ewood from the late-50s on, it was Blackpool, not That Lot in claret and blue, who were 'the enemy'. Don't worry; I'm a quick learner!

As far as my schoolmates and I were concerned, PNE were nonentities, to be disdained. Wigan were probably in the Lancashire Combination at the time so didn't figure in our conversations.

• Moderation Lead
13 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

I’d take their keeper, and Barry Bannan could join the collection in CM...

But I’d have Graham over Fletcher, Dack over Forestieri, Rothwell over Reach all day long.

The rest are nobodies.

Honestly, have a good look at their squad!

People have been sleeping on this FFP ticking timebomb big style

Admittedly the dislike is unhealthy!

You're confusing the discussion here lad.

I'm talking Steve Bruce as a manager, not the quality of their squad. I actually agree with what you're saying re that!

Considering what he's like maybe they have a backup plan which will now be put into effect. They should look abroad or go for Jason Wilcox who is the complete opposite of someone who would leave after 3 months.

As for Newcastle how can you possibly gloss over replacing Rafael Benitez with Bruce? Would they even have the nerve to try? Newcastle fans are generally over supportive of locals but in this case there may be an exception.

Edited by Vinjay17

Irrespective of how good a manager Bruce is or isn't I have plenty of disdain for him. This is the man who has walked out of contracts with clubs twice (maybe three times?) and then had the gall to complain that Rovers fans have no loyalty when we were campaigning for Kean to go.

• Like 7

Assuming that Hillsborough is an ACV (Pride Park and Villa Park are) gotta ask the question yet again...what's the point of an ACV if these stories can come out of nowhere? Or at least within the space of a few weeks. Paul Brooking in particular should be interested being the one who acted first to secure the ACV. Of course it must be said that Brockhall stands on more valuable land and the ACV application for that was declined by the Ribble Valley Council. These clubs who are selling the stadiums to themselves will presumably consider their training HQ/Academies next on the list to wage war on FUP?

Maybe they are one of the clubs who supported FUP and aren't seeking this as a way to get round it. Something Rovers better not openly do. I'm strongly assuming Villa, Sheffield W and DCFC don't. 

Edited by Vinjay17

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Mowbray should be in there with a cheeky bid for Ayala or Flint. Both meet the criteria of having played for one of his old clubs ☺️