BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

49 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Zohore scored 9 in his last full championship season and managed one goal in the premier league in 19 appearances. If he can command a fee of £8 million then  Gallagher is a steal at £5 million, especially given the home grown status

I rate Zohore, good target man he's not particularly prolific though.

Zohore is a bit of a gamble, usually shows glimpses of being a real player, then gets injured or looks like he can't be arsed. Perhaps they should have demanded a bit more than Jay Rod considering he only went for 2m more, although I think only 5m of that was paid up front.

I was very surprise by WBA appointment of Bilic. They are short of a quality striker or 2 and wide player. 

I understand why Boro appointed Woodgate and the cost cutting has said there. Still expect another 1 or 2 players like Britt Assombolonga to go. 

I think Fulham will win the league. keeping Mitrovic will be key to their promotion bid. 

I expect Bielsa to be gone by Christmas at Leeds. paying 6 mil pounds a year for manager and he still cant get you up. expecting a parting of the ways there. 

I think Stoke will challenge for top 6 but I not be impressed by their signings. mainly squad players. 

Cardiff are lacking 2 strikers currently. I think they go for Assombolonga and if they get him I expect them top 6. 

I expect another 50 to 60 incoming transfers to be done in the championship in the last 18 days of transfer window. Teams like Reading need 5 or 6 signings just to stay up. no 1st choice keeper in or any strikers of quality at the club. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was very surprise by WBA appointment of Bilic. They are short of a quality striker or 2 and wide player. 

I understand why Boro appointed Woodgate and the cost cutting has said there. Still expect another 1 or 2 players like Britt Assombolonga to go. 

I think Fulham will win the league. keeping Mitrovic will be key to their promotion bid. 

I expect Bielsa to be gone by Christmas at Leeds. paying 6 mil pounds a year for manager and he still cant get you up. expecting a parting of the ways there. 

I think Stoke will challenge for top 6 but I not be impressed by their signings. mainly squad players. 

Cardiff are lacking 2 strikers currently. I think they go for Assombolonga and if they get him I expect them top 6. 

I expect another 50 to 60 incoming transfers to be done in the championship in the last 18 days of transfer window. Teams like Reading need 5 or 6 signings just to stay up. no 1st choice keeper in or any strikers of quality at the club. 

I think Bilic is the appointment of the summer and will probably lead them to promotion this season. A top drawer appointment for a Championship club.

• Like 1

• Backroom

WBA gave themselves an automatic handicap last season by not appointing a proper manager. Fulham are doing the same this year and I expect similar if not worse results. Cardiff have got Warnock at the helm so they will almost certainly be there or thereabouts.  Not sure how Huddersfield will do. Could be right up there, but conversely could just as easily end up in mid table purgatory. My gut says it'll be purgatory.

• Like 3

Just now, DE. said:

WBA gave themselves an automatic handicap last season by not appointing a proper manager. Fulham are doing the same this year and I expect similar if not worse results. Cardiff have got Warnock at the helm so they will almost certainly be there or thereabouts.  Not sure how Huddersfield will do. Could be right up there, but conversely could just as easily end up in mid table purgatory. My gut says it'll be purgatory.

Agree with that, can't see the league being all that strong this season to be honest. Not expecting much from Huddersfield either.

You'd imagine WBA and Cardiff will be up there. Quite hard to call apart from that - after all, none of last season's top three were in the top six the previous season (with Norwich and Leeds both bottom half if I remember correctly) so it's wide open.

Edited by frosty

I think Parker will do a good job at Fulham and get them back to the Premeir league at the first attempt. 

I think Huddersfield will be mid table and I'm not sure Siewert will be there come Christmas time. I think Adkins will replace him there. 

Cardiff are lacking strikers at the minute. They need 2 new strikers in. Or I don't think they make top 6 imo

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DE. said:

Totally agree. Will be tough for Cardiff to bounce back too in my view, Warnock or not, but he will definitely make it easier for them. Fulham will have the players to score a lot of goals this season, but teh Championship is a ruthless league to cut your teeth as a manager.

WBA are a reall funny one this season. Their saving grace last year was a lethal strike force which has gone and has only been replaced with a gamble in Zahore. Bilic is a real coup, but does he have the squad to stand out? Think they'll need to bring in a few for them to be optimistic.

Cardiff and Leeds have the best managers so Id fancy them to be up there.

Warnock knows how to build a solid defence, Morrison, Flint, Bamba and Nelson is an embarassment of riches along with some very good full backs and a goalkeeper at this level. Plenty of attacking players who can get goals in Bobby Reid, Hoilett, Murphy and Mendez-Laing, just need a striker and I'd have them as favourites.

Bielsa pushed them 10 places up the table last year, the Helder Costa signing is superb although they will really miss Jansson. 

Fulham have taken a massive risk with Parker and seem to have a glass defence but also a front 3 plus Cairney in behind thats as good as anything in the league.

What clubs have done better business than us this summer? I don't know all the ins and out but from what I do know I would put us top 10 for sure. Put it this way, if Wigan or Preston signed Downing, Johnson and then Gallagher for 5 million, there would be some jealous glances.  The grass is always greener though eh :) 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

What clubs have done better business than us this summer? I don't know all the ins and out but from what I do know I would put us top 10 for sure. Put it this way, if Wigan or Preston signed Downing, Johnson and then Gallagher for 5 million, there would be some jealous glances.  The grass is always greener though eh :) 

Other than on paper, can't really judge at the moment until we're a decent chunk into the season. We probably had a lot of jealous glances when we signed Murphy, Etuhu and Best at Championship level. 

Downing, Johnson and Gallagher might all be brilliant or they might all contribute nothing - more likely somewhere in between of course.

Don't really know much about where other teams are weak either. Even if fans of other teams did look at those three and think 'Blackburn could be decent this season', they might not realise how desperate we are for defensive reinforcements.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Downing nets off with Conway but Raya and Reed (and even Rodwell if used correctly) are greater losses than we’ve gained.

If we had replaced Leutwiler (not Raya) with Walton, and Smallwood with Johnson (and kept Reed) I’d agree with you.