BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

6 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Why on earth would anyone hire that thug as a coach never mind manager? Not to mention he's thick as a brick.

Because his wage is split 50/50 between coaching and playing. It’s a way to avoid FFP. They did the same with Ashley Cole. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, J*B said:

Because his wage is split 50/50 between coaching and playing. It’s a way to avoid FFP. They did the same with Ashley Cole. 

Even worse than that, stories coming out tonight that it's being funded by their betting company sponsor.

Rooney will be wearing the no. 32 shirt, to advertise gambling website 32red.

This deal is starting to stink a bit. It seems like it's basically 3rd party ownership.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/06/gambling-lawmaker-criticises-wayne-rooney-given-no-32-derby/amp/

• Like 5

On 06/08/2019 at 22:08, Waggy76 said:

I wonder what the Derby manager , thinks about Rooney coming to the club ???

Cannot see him being to pleased , this could well implode on Derby !

Also wonder what the EFL make of it. If Derby are legitimately bending FFP regulations fair play to their management team but from what we read and the relationship with betting the story stinks.

Edited by Cherry Blue
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DE. said:

They won their opening game 3-1 and came 3rd last season so it's not exactly the same situation, is it?

Of course its the same situation its a manager who understands you cant just throw a player into your side who doesnt understand the tactics and way you play

• Like 1

• Backroom

Nope, it's just taking a common thread between the two clubs and stripping it of all context. Reductio ad absurdum. Leeds don't need to throw new players in straight away because they already have a good team that regularly wins matches. We don't. They don't have a pressing need for new, better players and we do, so the 'correct' choice is not just one option for all scenarios. 

• Like 5

Up until the transfer windows came in a decade or so ago, you would have players  signing at any time up to April. Many would go straight into the side that weekend.

These days most players sign in the summer and you obviously have the luxury of weeks on the training ground with them. That’s all that’s changed, good players adapt quickly.

On 11/08/2019 at 18:45, Silas said:

Karen Brady's Sun Column

Mrs Brady believes Championship football is 3 levels below the MLS in America.  Seriously?! And she paints herself as a fountian of knowledge in the sport. Clearly knows nowt.

".....asking him to leave America's MLS to go to Derby is akin to asking me to leave West Ham and run Crewe." 

She clearly doesnt have a clue

• Like 2

On 11/08/2019 at 18:45, Silas said:

Karen Brady's Sun Column

Mrs Brady believes Championship football is 3 levels below the MLS in America.  Seriously?! And she paints herself as a fountian of knowledge in the sport. Clearly knows nowt.

".....asking him to leave America's MLS to go to Derby is akin to asking me to leave West Ham and run Crewe." 

Don't think Crewe would be asking for her if I'm honest. 

Clueless given the money, talent, crowds, TV viewings all point to championship being vastly superior. No wonder West ham struggle with her as part of the team. 

Just now, davulsukur said:

Ha, I meant quick after the game they played against Fulham.

Aye true!

I hadn't realised just how bad they'd been tbh till I was reading Huddersfield fans comments, none of them seem particularly bothered he's gone...