BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

Just now, 47er said:

You'd be delighted with the own goal and penalty we've got this season then?

Not especially though I thought Danny took a very good penalty yesterday.

Anyone can analyse things to death. It's boring. Watching football is exciting and it's time a number of people remembered that.

Excellent game yesterday. Rovers dominated for long periods but the last 10-15 minutes had me on the edge of my seat. Too many forget this is what it's all about and content themselves with the pay back on expensive pies. So what? If we don't sell pies then we don't sell them. Who cares? It's about football. Nothing else.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul said:

Not especially though I thought Danny took a very good penalty yesterday.

Anyone can analyse things to death. It's boring. Watching football is exciting and it's time a number of people remembered that.

Excellent game yesterday. Rovers dominated for long periods but the last 10-15 minutes had me on the edge of my seat. Too many forget this is what it's all about and content themselves with the pay back on expensive pies. So what? If we don't sell pies then we don't sell them. Who cares? It's about football. Nothing else.

Can't argue with any of that but we are not scoring enough goals and not creating enough chances. Football should be about goals but with TM our football is sterile.

He's gone as far as he can and should be replaced. That is , if the club actually wants to get anywhere.

• Like 1

We're 3 games into the new season and already there is no one with a 100% record. Goes to show what a tight and competitive division it's going to be, so vital to start well to keep up with the top sides if we have any ambition of top 6.

• Like 1

Pre-season when we had the fixture list I posted that it was a very tough start but if we are 10th on the 1st September we could be in for a very interesting season.

Well we are 10th now albeit could fall behind five clubs playing their game in hand this evening...

August is shaping up rather interestingly.

Started with the newly promoted curse plus an abysmal showing against Charlton.

Fulham encouraging at least matching promotion fancies in many aspects yet falling uncomfortably short in the end.

Oldham showed character and fitness levels to dig ourselves out of a hole of our own making- Oldham still bottom of L2 by the way..

We beat a Boro side very much at odds with itself- reasonably clinically and a clean sheet

Hull away were much tougher opposition but we began to show elements of match control which looked very promising. Another clean sheet.

And so we come to three fixtures which will show whether this is all wacky baccy or there are sunlit fields out there. Cardiff should be tough uncompromising but have visibly exploitable weaknesses. Then Sheff U newly promoted to the Prem with a sprinkling of £10m men will show how far away from the promised land we really are and West Brom away probably as tough a fixture this Division has to offer this season. Come 1st September we should have a decent view of what this season holds in promise for us.

38 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I reckon 10. Win Saturday, draw against WBA 

If we do, that'd be a really strong return. Especially when considering that involves having played two relegated sides and WBA away already.

I think we'll win on Saturday too, but I'm not sure we'll get anything from West Brom. Obviously hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DE. said:

Nathan Jones the next to be sacked? Stoke are in freefall. Losing 2-0 to Preston at the moment.

You'd think hell be gone sooner rather than later. Still have some decent players by the looks, I'd imagine they would be expecting challenge near the top but at the moment they are bottom with just a point. 

Can't remember how many seasons ago they got relegated but can't have many parachute seasons left to support high earners?

Edited by davulsukur

5 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Interesting to note that Fulham beat Millwall 4-0 tonight and had a record breaking 85% possession. Does show that we competeted well against them in our visit last week.

With a front three of Knockeart Mitrovic and Cavaleiro they are going too dish out a few more 4-0’s I think! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DE. said:

Nathan Jones the next to be sacked? Stoke are in freefall. Losing 2-0 to Preston at the moment.

I hope he is given time to turn it around if he can but they does seem a massive problem at Stoke. They have been in freefall for over 2 years now. 

Thought Stoke transfer business wasn't good IMO. Signed Barnsley 1st choice keeper Davies and cant even get on the match day squad. 

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Wow anyone just see Raya coming out to claim a cross then against Leeds? ???

very poor. 

Huddersfield need a new manager in shortly. Should be going for Adkins IMO but They need to ship out alot of the foreign players who aren't good enough and build in more British based players. 

Fulham look very good against Millwall. Cairney was very good again I believe

• Like 1

I remember a few on here waxing lyrical about Stoke's transfer business. There was 5 announced in 1 day and many thought 3/4 of them would be solid Championship signings. Plus the fact of signing 5 in a day was held up as the way to do business.

Meanwhile at that point I think we'd signed 2 freebies in Downing & Johnson. It's early days yet of course but I think I know where I'd rather be right now.

Just goes to show that this is an impossible league to predict.  On 1st August we would probably all have taken 6 points from 4 games plus a cup win with 2 or 3 solid performances and 2 clean sheets amongst it, so we're about where we would have expected to be. Let's just stay calm, not get too giddy over a win or throw toys out after a defeat.

We have a matchday squad that is at least as strong as last season when compared to our competitors, with added nouse and game management ability, more in-game options & whilst youth is being blooded. That should be enough to turn some of last season's draws into wins & defeats into draws, so if (I accept it's a reasonably sizable if) we can perform consistently at our expected level then we have a good chance to be in the mix come March / April.

• Like 4

• Backroom

Tbf I can also remember people noting that they wouldn't want a lot of Stoke's signings, but regardless you have to imagine Jones will be out the door should this continue much longer. It doesn't get any easier for them as they have Leeds at home and Birmingham away. There's a very realistic chance they could end August bottom of the table with just one point. 

Looking at their squad there is surely no way they can continue being this bad. Jack Butland, Stephen Ward, Joe Allen, Mark Duffy, Tom Ince, Sam Vokes, James McClean, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Bruno Martins Indi, Scott Hogan, Sam Clucas, Kevin Wimmer, and others... something badly wrong there because with those players Stoke should be right up there.

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I hope he is given time to turn it around if he can but they does seem a massive problem at Stoke. They have been in freefall for over 2 years now. 

Thought Stoke transfer business wasn't good IMO. Signed Barnsley 1st choice keeper Davies and cant even get on the match day squad. 

very poor. 

Huddersfield need a new manager in shortly. Should be going for Adkins IMO but They need to ship out alot of the foreign players who aren't good enough and build in more British based players. 

Fulham look very good against Millwall. Cairney was very good again I believe

Why do you have such a desire for him to stay? Surely its better for more of our rivals to be struggling.

Found his team selection baffling yesterday. His stubbornness with a midfield diamond that clearly isnt working. Continued attempts to turn McLean into a left back and Ince into a number 10. And the likes of Mark Duffy, Sam Vokes, Stephen Ward, Tommy Smith and Peter Etebo all not playing.

Ultimately he did a great job at Luton but 2 wins in 22 is not good enough to expect to keep your job.

Watched the game last night

Stoke were awful, the change to 3 at the back at half-time just led to more confusion. I would be surprised if the manager sees December. Was an odd appointment to start with. Of their players only Joe Allen and Mclean looked to be actually trying. That Lyndsey guy that many on here were clamoring for us to sign looked way out of his depth, a poor mans Derrick Williams :) 

Preston are a solid team. They work really hard, without having any standout players. I like the little Johnson lad with the dreads. Lightweight, but constantly buzzing around. 

I reckon we could beat either of them on our day though. Our midfield V Prestons midfield will be some scrap. Game could be won or lost there. I think Travis and Johnson will have the beating of most to be honest 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2