BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

• Backroom
56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Huddersfield have appointed Danny Cowley as manager

A risky move, but it'll be interesting to see how the Cowley brothers get on. There haven't been too many managers who have come up from the lower divisions in recent times and had success. Hurst failed at Ipswich, Jones is having a tough time at Stoke. It's a big challenge for them but Huddersfield have a good squad so there's a chance they can turn it around there.

1 hour ago, DE. said:

A risky move, but it'll be interesting to see how the Cowley brothers get on. There haven't been too many managers who have come up from the lower divisions in recent times and had success. Hurst failed at Ipswich, Jones is having a tough time at Stoke. It's a big challenge for them but Huddersfield have a good squad so there's a chance they can turn it around there.

Yes this has surprised me that a fair number haven't stepped up. I can't recall it being this way years ago. Big Sam being one example. Perhaps it's just my assumptions but I thought a fair number of managers used to progress up the ranks. 

What makes it surprising is that big championship club or struggling championship club, regardless of the situation they seem to be struggling. The championship can't be that different can it? 

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bad news. In the medium term that's another Club getting dynamic new management that will leave us floundering miles behind.

who knows? Everyone thought Jones and Hurst were good appointments at the time. 

Now look at Hurst at Scunthorpe and where they are now?

53 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bad news. In the medium term that's another Club getting dynamic new management that will leave us floundering miles behind.

You summed up my thoughts completely mate here. His press conference was very impressive and his energy is infectious. He will be a great success because that type of attitude will get his lads going. There’s already some quality there. Great move by Huddersfield. Meanwhile we have boring Mowbray who’s nicking his wages 

Fairly confident Chaddy was championing Hurst. 

Still remember when I saw us Vs Hudds in the last days of Bowyer. We both sacked our manager around the same time. Under Wagner Hudds rocketed up the table getting promoted the year after whilst we plodded around before crashing to relegation under Coyle. Given we were at the same situation back then it shows what a huge difference the right manager can make - hence why I bring it up. Huddersfield and Norwich's continental appointments has really benefitted them, Sheff Utd imo would be nowhere near the Prem if not for their canny manager and look at the difference for Villa that Smith made. Whether or not Cowley is right a bold managerial appointment can bring a club on leaps and bounds and we probably shouldn't be sneering at a club for trying to exploit this. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blue blood said:

Fairly confident Chaddy was championing Hurst. 

Still remember when I saw us Vs Hudds in the last days of Bowyer. We both sacked our manager around the same time. Under Wagner Hudds rocketed up the table getting promoted the year after whilst we plodded around before crashing to relegation under Coyle. Given we were at the same situation back then it shows what a huge difference the right manager can make - hence why I bring it up. Huddersfield and Norwich's continental appointments has really benefitted them, Sheff Utd imo would be nowhere near the Prem if not for their canny manager and look at the difference for Villa that Smith made. Whether or not Cowley is right a bold managerial appointment can bring a club on leaps and bounds and we probably shouldn't be sneering at a club for trying to exploit this. 

Championing Hurst for what? Wasnt me. Some posters on here wanted him to replace Mowbray during our bad start in league 1. I backed Mowbray then..

Huddersfield decision to appoint Siewert was a shocking decision. Said at the time it was wrong. Cowley needs time to ship out the majority of the squad there

Norwich and Huddersfield to go German was down to 1 man who is Stuart Webber the current Norwich Sporting Director former Huddersfield Sporting director. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Championing Hurst for what? Wasnt me. Some posters on here wanted him to replace Mowbray during our bad start in league 1. I backed Mowbray then..

My bad. Am sure you mentioned him a fair whack - possibly negatively instead. 

Huddersfield decision to appoint Siewert was a shocking decision.

But Wagner was inspired. Credit where it is due. The same trick twice doesn't often work - look at us with Hughes and Ince - but Wagner was a good appointment. 

Said at the time it was wrong. Cowley needs time to ship out the majority of the squad there

or to get the best out of what he has? There'll be some decent players in that squad. No doubt will want to bring his own players in too but no club can afford to completely start again. A good manager can turn some players form around and get them working well in a system. 

Norwich and Huddersfield to go German was down to 1 man who is Stuart Webber the current Norwich Sporting Director former Huddersfield Sporting director. 

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

You summed up my thoughts completely mate here. His press conference was very impressive and his energy is infectious. He will be a great success because that type of attitude will get his lads going. There’s already some quality there. Great move by Huddersfield. Meanwhile we have boring Mowbray who’s nicking his wages 

Now surely that's a pointless part of a post designed to antagonise?

• Like 4

Just now, old darwen blue said:

Now surely that's a pointless part of a post designed to antagonise?

No, I’m highlighting our different positions in terms of attitude towards the job in hand. Mowbray would send me to sleep, I’m looking to get an upgrade and I like the cut of Cowleys jib . 

Mowbray will never get us anywhere near the premier league 

Edited by Sparks Rover

Well 6 games in now. The League is nowhere near as strong as last season. Apparently Swansea mugged Leeds last weekend. 

Swansea will be top half. Charlton mid table. 

Preston could be a surprise bet for the play offs. 

Can't really look beyond Leeds and Fulham going up and by quite some distance. West Brom will stay in touch with them but a gap will open up.There are some bang average teams in this league. 

8 hours ago, Blue blood said:

My bad. Am sure you mentioned him a fair whack - possibly negatively instead. 

or to get the best out of what he has? There'll be some decent players in that squad. No doubt will want to bring his own players in too but no club can afford to completely start again. A good manager can turn some players form around and get them working well in a system. 

For Me, Huddersfield need a massive clearout playing staff wise. Said this since last January. My mate who is Huddersfield fan agree. That squad isnt good enough apart from a few players. 

1 hour ago, Brigger68 said:

Well 6 games in now. The League is nowhere near as strong as last season. Apparently Swansea mugged Leeds last weekend. 

Swansea will be top half. Charlton mid table. 

Preston could be a surprise bet for the play offs. 

Can't really look beyond Leeds and Fulham going up and by quite some distance. West Brom will stay in touch with them but a gap will open up.There are some bang average teams in this league. 

And we're one of them.

I'd be very surprised if we weren't bogged down between 12th-16th all season.

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

For Me, Huddersfield need a massive clearout playing staff wise. Said this since last January. My mate who is Huddersfield fan agree. That squad isnt good enough apart from a few players. 

Huddersfield are in free fall. Hoyle can't wait to sell up. The Cowley brothers have gone from 140k at Lincoln to 1.4m with the Dog Touchers. Can't blame them but this season is a write off.