BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

1 hour ago, Brigger68 said:

Huddersfield are in free fall. Hoyle can't wait to sell up. The Cowley brothers have gone from 140k at Lincoln to 1.4m with the Dog Touchers. Can't blame them but this season is a write off. 

Phil Hodgkinson is the owner now. Deal was completed ages ago. Hoyle still on board tho. 

3rd of May Sale was done

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/new-huddersfield-town-owner-phil-16224855

56 minutes ago, DE. said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49687098

Boro set to sue the EFL over Derby's stadium-sale FFP dodge. 

Good. It's about time the faceless football authorities in this country were made accountable for their actions (and lack of them). The only disappointment for me is that it's only one club who are seemingly pushing this action. If every other club put their weight behind it surely it would strengthen the case.

Watch out for the name of Shaun Harvey when the case comes up.

• Like 3

For my sins watched Fulham v West Brom and Derby v Cardiff over the weekend; both 1-1.

Fulham looked easily the classiest of the four but just like against us needed a world class strike to get the break through. Bilic's subs changed the game totally and WBA perhaps unlucky not to win.

In the final analysis, Harrison Reed (not Bobby Reid the BBC thought was playing) is like a duck to water in the holding central midfield position but for all their fabulous possession and brilliant passing/ball control, Fulham struggle to penetrate even Championship defences and their own defence doesn't handle pressure well. 

To invite howls, of the games I have seen, Rovers handled Fulham by far the best over 90 minutes despite losing 2-0.

West Brom are competent + but we really shouldn't have set up the 3 goal first half charity shop at the Hawthorns.

Cardiff at times looked like the team Warnock wants them to be and it is far too early for my tip for them to gain automatic promotion to be written off. Playing tight like that for two thirds of a game rather than one third will be enough to see them up.

Derby have a gem in Holmes and their speedy fluidity is the reason why Bradley Johnson was no longer needed. They should have had a penalty three minutes after taking the lead but the ref bottled it and then didn't bottle the equally clear Cardiff penalty five minutes later.  

In short, if Mowbray can bring out the talents we already have at Ewood, the performance of this 4 likely challengers shouldn't cause too many Rovers sleepless nights despite our record against them is P3 W0 D1 L2 F2 A5

• Like 1

Just now, philipl said:

For my sins watched Fulham v West Brom and Derby v Cardiff over the weekend; both 1-1.

Fulham looked easily the classiest of the four but just like against us needed a world class strike to get the break through. Bilic's subs changed the game totally and WBA perhaps unlucky not to win.

In the final analysis, Harrison Reed (not Bobby Reid the BBC thought was playing) is like a duck to water in the holding central midfield position but for all their fabulous possession and brilliant passing/ball control, Fulham struggle to penetrate even Championship defences and their own defence doesn't handle pressure well. 

To invite howls, of the games I have seen, Rovers handled Fulham by far the best over 90 minutes despite losing 2-0.

West Brom are competent + but we really shouldn't have set up the 3 goal first half charity shop at the Hawthorns.

Cardiff at times looked like the team Warnock wants them to be and it is far too early for my tip for them to gain automatic promotion to be written off. Playing tight like that for two thirds of a game rather than one third will be enough to see them up.

Derby have a gem in Holmes and their speedy fluidity is the reason why Bradley Johnson was no longer needed. They should have had a penalty three minutes after taking the lead but the ref bottled it and then didn't bottle the equally clear Cardiff penalty five minutes later.  

In short, if Mowbray can bring out the talents we already have at Ewood, the performance of this 4 likely challengers shouldn't cause too many Rovers sleepless nights despite our record against them is P3 W0 D1 L2 F2 A5

Didnt both Bobby and Harrison Reed play today?

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

This is a really poor division this season. Anybody with anything like a decent team and a proven pattern of play will be knocking at the door. I'd fancy us if we had a fully functioning strike force.

Leeds will win this by a country mile this season. 

Lot of teams very very similar in quality.

Nketiah for Leeds could well be the signing that more than likely would of got them up last season. 

Fulham and West Brom will be in the Top 3.

• Like 1

Too early to say the league is rubbish.

It is clearly highly competitive judging by the top two both losing at home to unsung opposition this weekend.

I suspect Huddersfield and Stoke are really going to struggle to escape from the horrible starts they have made simply because of the competitiveness. In the Championship. Equally very hard to see both Wigan and Barnsley avoiding relegation- one of them will go at least.

Having watched three championship games over the weekend I would say the style of play has transformed beyond recognition from the Championship we came down to eight years ago.

Now is much more a Premier League 2 in style and there is a gulf in quality to the third level.

The quality of ball control and passing from all eleven Championship players in a team are much higher than it was.

Premier teams are quicker, more effective closing down and make fewer mistakes but no longer are most Championship teams playing a different style of football from the PL to manage their limitations.

Edited by philipl

• Backroom
38 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Think Cowley has made the wrong move.

Some clubs nosedive on PL relegation and that negative atmosphere on and off the pitch is fiendishly difficult to turn around in the short to medium term. Jones at Stoke is another example.

Sure they’ve got nice contracts, though.

Think on the Football League show they said Cowley went from something like £100k p/a to £1m+ p/a, so yeah... would be hard to turn that down. Although with that said I'd be kind of surprised if Hudds were paying that much, even if they do have the parachute payments. 

Edited by DE.

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Think Cowley has made the wrong move.

Some clubs nosedive on PL relegation and that negative atmosphere on and off the pitch is fiendishly difficult to turn around in the short to medium term. Jones at Stoke is another example.

Sure they’ve got nice contracts, though.

Think that's right. Could probably put Rovers a few years ago in that category too, the likes of Appleton may well have done better if he wasn't trying to keep a half-sank ship afloat.

I heard today that on Saturday 18th April we are at Millwall. On the same day Burnley are at West Ham and Nobbers are at Brentford. That is surprising given that we normally alternate home fixtures with that lot. Euston Station could be lively.

People can argue all they want on here but the facts remain the same Venkys, the closing of stands, prices, the club treating the loyal season ticket holders  like idiots with the 1875 etc etc 

Also BWD is one of the most deprived areas in the country with the highest number of people on universal credit in the UK. 

So it's not rocket science why our crowds are poor..... Needs a JW to initiate new ideas to attract fans not a bean counter like Waggot