BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

It looks like there is dissent amongst the ranks. Hopefully Waggott is with them otherwise we will get left behind.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49771802

And in other EFL news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49762170

The EFL are a horifically inept entity but clever at playing musical chairs at the top end of their food chain so making it difficult to apportion blame.

23 minutes ago, Athlete said:

People can argue all they want on here but the facts remain the same Venkys, the closing of stands, prices, the club treating the loyal season ticket holders  like idiots with the 1875 etc etc 

Also BWD is one of the most deprived areas in the country with the highest number of people on universal credit in the UK. 

So it's not rocket science why our crowds are poor..... Needs a JW to initiate new ideas to attract fans not a bean counter like Waggot 

Wrong thread?

West Brom gifted us two first half goals with two defensive howlers and have repeated the dose for Huddersfield's benefit.

Huddersfield have not gifted three in return unlike our lads...

Huddersfield no great shakes but press very high up the park and show glimpses of Premier League class.  They are there to be taken if Slaven Bilic sets the alarm clock in the West Brom dressing room for about five minutes from my posting this...

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers are playing well at the minute and I'm happy with the start to be honest. 

Yes I agree with the league being wide open atm

If we carry in in our recent form we'll be there or thereabouts. We need to rediscover the sort of consistency we showed when we got promoted. We were winning regularly without  blowing teams away then. We usually found a way to take the points.

This weekends game against Luton will be good pointer. Win well and I'll start believing, if it's a repeat of the Charlton game it'll be back to square one.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

I think West Brom and Leeds will take some stopping for the top 2. Expect Forest and Bristol City to be in the play offs or very close. Other than that the other 2-3 slots could be anyone's. Preston will be contenders because they are hard to beat and consistent, albeit will struggle if injuries bite. I hope we are becoming harder to beat and more consistent ourselves but not entirely convinced by that yet.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If we carry in in our recent form we'll be there or thereabouts. We need to rediscover the sort of consistency we showed when we got promoted. We were winning regularly without  blowing teams away then. We usually found a way to take the points.

This weekends game against Luton will be good pointer. Win well and I'll start believing, if it's a repeat of the Charlton game it'll be back to square one.

win well? I would be happy with 1 nil and scrappy win. Not the way I like to play football but is about winning at the end of day

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

win well? I would be happy with 1 nil and scrappy win. Not the way I like to play football but is about winning at the end of day

Winning's great and I was walking around with a big smile on my face yesterday because we won well. In fact I'm still smiling now !  Having said that we're also in the entertainment business and if we are hoping to attract back the stay aways we need to be entertaining as well.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Agreed. A strange comment from someone who repeatedly dismissing managers he deems to be "boring" irrespective of results, but its a result business!

That being said, a team with top 6 hopes should be capable of blowing away a very poor Luton side at home.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Agreed. A strange comment from someone who repeatedly dismissing managers he deems to be "boring" irrespective of results, but its a result business!

That being said, a team with top 6 hopes should be capable of blowing away a very poor Luton side at home.

Well if I had a £10 note for every time I've seen Rovers teams over the years struggle against " very poor " visiting teams I'd be reasonably wealthy.  Let's hope we can put them to the sword.

My mind goes back to the that game were we were playing West Ham at home two days after beating them 8-2 away at Upton Park. I had a paper round then and I distinctly remember " The Daily Mail " having a cartoon on the back page showing us selling cricket style scorecards instead of programmes outside of Ewood Park on the morning of the game.

We played like drains and lost badly 3-1 !

• Like 3

Just now, scotchrover said:

Would it be wrong to say Stoke and Huddersfield are down already? They’re already adrift and can’t buy a win. 

I'd say it's premature, but both are getting dangerously close to giving themselves a mountain to climb and the schools have only just gone back!

Both have got squads to compete, so if they get out of a nosedive in the coming weeks they can both still stay above water. They play each other in a couple of weeks, if either of them still haven't won going into October then it's panic stations.

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

why strange comment? I always want my teams to play on front foot, high pressing, massively work rate, short and sharp passing, movement, skills. But some times you cant always play that way cos teams don't allow you. 

27 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Winning's great and I was walking around with a big smile on my face yesterday because we won well. In fact I'm still smiling now !  Having said that we're also in the entertainment business and if we are hoping to attract back the stay aways we need to be entertaining as well.

it is the style of play/football keeping fans away or the fact that people work/family commitments don't allow alot of people attending regular 

Just now, scotchrover said:

Would it be wrong to say Stoke and Huddersfield are down already? They’re already adrift and can’t buy a win. 

far too early. But Huddersfield need a massive clearout and start again. I said in the last summer this needed to happened to Huddersfield fan mate. 

Stoke need to stand by Jones now and see where they at Christmas

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Didnt you say Ipswich were right to bin off McCarthy because they played dull football?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I'd say it's premature, but both are getting dangerously close to giving themselves a mountain to climb and the schools have only just gone back!

Both have got squads to compete, so if they get out of a nosedive in the coming weeks they can both still stay above water. They play each other in a couple of weeks, if either of them still haven't won going into October then it's panic stations.

They'll win the odd game or two when they are not expected to though. Which team usually obliges in these circumstances?.....:(

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 10:20, scotchrover said:

That would be a feat. Huddersfield down 2 years in a row along with a former Prem regular.

It goes to show that it's not just players who win games. The mentality and culture has to be right. For all the doom and gloom about Mowbray at times on here he seems to keep his players up for it.

• Like 1

On 22/09/2019 at 16:20, scotchrover said:

Yes it is too early but if the corpses aren't moving four games from now when a quarter of a season has passed, they are going to need 50 points from 30 games to be certain of survival which is getting close to play off form.

Very tough division to maintain that sort of form in.

• Like 1