BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

• Backroom
Just now, davulsukur said:

Yer, what's happened to that guy?

Was so highly rated and nowadays seems to be dropping changers all the time.

When a goalkeeper's confidence is down it can have some pretty serious consequences. From what I understand he wanted a move in the summer too, but Stoke priced him out of it, so his head clearly isn't in the game. We saw with the likes of Steele, Jake Kean and Eastwood how a poor goalkeeper can absolutely wreck any chance a team has of being successful.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Silas said:

What?! Do you not remember them relegating us pretty much singlehandedly?

They lost to crappy Bristol 4-0, and then put out such a woeful youth team that Arry's Brum beat them with 10 men.

Sod them. I've been waiting for this revenge a good few years now.

Can't wait to see them relegated to League 1, never to return.

Yes, I'm still very bitter!!

Agree, still remember some pretty bitter words I had with HUdds fans after we were relegated and they were gloating like hell, pray we do the double over them and send them down. Got way above their stations 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Silas said:

They lost to crappy Bristol 4-0, and then put out such a woeful youth team that Arry's Brum beat them with 10 men.

I was going to post exactly the same thing. We would not have gone down but for them and nothing is too harsh a fate for them.

• Like 8

• Backroom
Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Agree, still remember some pretty bitter words I had with HUdds fans after we were relegated and they were gloating like hell, pray we do the double over them and send them down. Got way above their stations 

I had history with them before that over the Rhodes transfer.

They were slagging both him and our club off, and I genuinely didn't get it. He'd acted professionally through it all, they were getting paid handsomely- record fee for them wasn't it - and they were acting like a bunch of spoilt brats. 

I likened it to Roque going to City. We weren't happy about it obviously , but none of us spat our dummies. We realised the fee was huge and it was a great opportunity for him.

Anyway, for that, the relegation, and their general conduct over a good few years, I'm going to celebrate hard if they double drop.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If Jones gets anymore time at Stoke hes very lucky, doing a woeful job. 3 wins in 29.

Felt for Jones in that post-match interview. He seems open and honest and they played well for the most part - players seemed to be playing for him. Indeed his prior record suggests he is a capable manager but Stoke are on a Sunderland-type nosedive. Not much anyone can do to stop that.

• Like 2

Watching Stoke last night their manager reminded me of Coyle with his touchline antics. He was continuously jumping up and down, gesticulating and extremely furtive. I actually thought it was for the benefit of the cameras and crowd. Similar to Coyle it's almost like being visually enthusiastic will win people over.

He just looks hopelessly out of his depth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Watching Stoke last night their manager reminded me of Coyle with his touchline antics. He was continuously jumping up and down, gesticulating and extremely furtive. I actually thought it was for the benefit of the cameras and crowd. Similar to Coyle it's almost like being visually enthusiastic will win people over.

Maybe a good point. But when you look at his time at Luton and how successful he was there. You can see why Stoke chose him. 

I thought they played very well

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe a good point. But when you look at his time at Luton and how successful he was there. You can see why Stoke chose him. 

I thought they played very well

I understand ambition but Jones was held in such high esteem at Luton the fans would have accepted a couple of seasons of doom. Quite simply he over achieved in my opinion. He simply hasn't got that good grace at Stoke where expectations are high.

I fear the Cowley brothers could go the same way at Huddersfield.

Stoke play Huddersfield on Tuesday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I remember when they beat us at Ewood towards the end of last season 1-0. A nothing game for two sides who were staying up but finishing in the bottom half, they edged it but it was a turgid game and 0-0 would have been a fair result. 

After the game he was on the pitch, lapping up the applause from their fans, beating his chest like they'd won the European Cup or something.

He certainly has a high opinion of himself. Apparently whilst he was Luton manager he told people his aim was to manage Barcelona. 

His failings at Stoke should at least knock him down a peg or two.

8 hours ago, danger19_80 said:

Felt for Jones in that post-match interview. He seems open and honest and they played well for the most part - players seemed to be playing for him. Indeed his prior record suggests he is a capable manager but Stoke are on a Sunderland-type nosedive. Not much anyone can do to stop that.

Yep. Turning around that loser mentality within a club has to be the hardest thing in football. Huddersfield would appear to now have it even worse.

Just now, arbitro said:

I understand ambition but Jones was held in such high esteem at Luton the fans would have accepted a couple of seasons of doom. Quite simply he over achieved in my opinion. He simply hasn't got that good grace at Stoke where expectations are high.

I fear the Cowley brothers could go the same way at Huddersfield.

Stoke play Huddersfield on Tuesday.

The way Luton played under was impressive.

Stoke owners are still backing him so far. Im not sure where Stoke go next manager wise. 

On Huddersfield, it appears Huddersfield will allow Cowley to overhaul the squad there. Ive repeating said that what it needs there. 

I watch it after Rovers game. 

15 hours ago, Silas said:

Hahaha... oh shit. Surprised I forgot about that!

I happily take back my previous sentiments :)

Edited by RoverCanada
  • Like 2

On 27/09/2019 at 22:39, DE. said:

When a goalkeeper's confidence is down it can have some pretty serious consequences. From what I understand he wanted a move in the summer too, but Stoke priced him out of it, so his head clearly isn't in the game. We saw with the likes of Steele, Jake Kean and Eastwood how a poor goalkeeper can absolutely wreck any chance a team has of being successful.

Brian Clough - " Nobody can lose you a game quicker than your goalkeeper, so sign the best one that you can ".

• Like 4

I really hate the argument that "Huddersfield relegated us single handedly". Proper shifting the blame, loser talk.

They looked after themselves and I hope we would be in a position to do the same to someone else one day.

I blame Venkys, Coyle, and even under Mowbray we had enough opportunities to get ourselves out of it, I'm thinking rotten performances against Barnsley & Bristol City at home, Gallagher not keeping the ball in the corner against preston, not attacking a poor Wolves side with 3 games to go etc etc.

I'd completely forgot about what Huddersfield did until I just read it, and couldn't care less what they do this season.

• Like 6