BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

Just now, LDRover said:

This Brentford side plays some lovely quick passing football. The lad Benrahma looks a class above this level.Raya looks more authoritative too and his kicking has come on a bundle.

Yep. He’s made more incisive through balls in this match then our lads have all season!

Raya played pretty much how he played here. Was at fault for the first goal and then rashly came running out and missing the ball nearly resulting in another goal. One bad mistake, one moment of madness and 88 minutes of top quality keeping and distribution

Edited by Oldgregg86

Pleased to see that Cardiff has been ordered to pay the first instalment to Nantes. Lets see if they do the decent thing. I doubt it. There must be insurance monies tied up too.

Also delighted that the CCTV weirdos have got jail time.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49825166

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Pleased to see that Cardiff has been ordered to pay the first instalment to Nantes. Lets see if they do the decent thing. I doubt it. There must be insurance monies tied up too.

Also delighted that the CCTV weirdos have got jail time.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49825166

Quite right. Cheeky buggers for trying to get out of it.

It was their own fault for skimping on the travel arrangements and for not insuring the player.

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Stoke surely have to sack Jones now. Woeful.

I guess we see shortly. 

rumours are they have talking to Pulis about taking over. Whether he will take it is another question. 

I also think Harris at Millwall and Gomes at Reading jobs could be in danger next week 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I guess we see shortly. 

rumours are they have talking to Pulis about taking over. Whether he will take it is another question. 

I also think Harris at Millwall and Gomes at Reading jobs could be in danger next week 

Woodgate has had a shoddy start too. Id be surprised if he lasts the season.

• Moderation Lead
8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Stoke surely have to sack Jones now. Woeful.

Losing at home to the only other club looking as poor as them. Surely, there's no way back now?

• Like 1

• Backroom

What's funny is that Stoke dominated the match in terms of shots on goal. Huddersfield only had 4, but they scored one, whilst Stoke scored none of their 18 attempts. Statistically they've already given themselves a big hill to climb to avoid relegation this season. 

Every week that goes by the chances of them attracting a Hughton or Moyes diminishes.

Would Moyes really gamble his status on a relegation dogfight with Stoke? Surely he will have options abroad with his Premier League background.

Hughton can sit tight and wait for the right job to come along. He would keep Stoke up and is the best of the available managers for a struggling Championship side. 

If they can't get either of those two then there aren't many options left. Pulis would keep them up but probably annoy lots of their fans. Adkins maybe. Pearson seems to be the forgotten man these days. 

Something seriously wrong at Stoke. Hughes, Lambert and Rowett all decent managers but couldn't stop the decline and were sacked, Jones probably the same although perhaps the job is too big for him.

Strange because for a few years they were a model club and unlike us weren't sold out to unfit people- they've still got Coates at the helm who has been there years.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Hughton.

I don't see him being interested and after he turned down the Sheff Wed manager job only 2 months ago being interest in the Stoke job. 

I'm not sure who Stoke should go for and how they turn it around

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Meanwhile the man who was in charge when Stoke were relegated from the Premier League will likely be passing them in the opposite direction if Stoke do fall through the trap door again. 

You mean Lambert who has Ipswich top of league 1. Maybe they should have keep Lambert after Premier League relegation. 

• Backroom

You mean Lambert who has Ipswich top of league 1. Maybe they should have keep Lambert after Premier League relegation. 

I honestly don't think it would have gone any worse for them if they had kept Lambert on. 

I don't see him being interested and after he turned down the Sheff Wed manager job only 2 months ago being interest in the Stoke job. 

I'm not sure who Stoke should go for and how they turn it around

Maybe we should have backed him instead of pissing him off ?

Just now, DE. said:

I honestly don't think it would have gone any worse for them if they had kept Lambert on. 

when Stoke came down it was clear what they need to down squad overhaul and rebuild. 

what are Ipswich fans saying about Lambert now see that you live in the area

• Backroom

when Stoke came down it was clear what they need to down squad overhaul and rebuild. 

what are Ipswich fans saying about Lambert now see that you live in the area

Ipswich fans have pretty much always liked Lambert tbh. He's great at PR so he got the fans onside immediately and has had their loyalty ever since. 

With that said what he's doing at the moment doesn't impress me much. League 1 is really poor so I was always expecting a team like Ipswich to be up there challenging. The test for Lambert will be when they're back in the Championship with the same anaemic transfer budget.