BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

18 hours ago, Tom said:

A week after nearly killing him self and club captain driving after drinking all night Tom Lawrence started for Derby tonight 

And in the Wales squad. That will teach him. Gutted by the lack of morals in football - no wonder they all think they are bullet proof. 

Incidentally Stoke's last win, one of only 3 Jones has masterminded came against (according to the BBC)... 

Yep, you guessed it, us. 

Mentioned for 2 reasons. Firstly to show how badly Jones has done. And secondly it shows, or is further evidence, we are pretty clueless Vs weak opposition. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DE. said:

How Neil Harris gets sacked before Nathan Jones is beyond me. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He stepped down not sacked 

Oh dear. One of the best managers in the championship. Him and the guy at Bristol, to me, have worked wonders.

Very surprised at that Millwall development. Not exactly adrift (only 3 points behind us in a congested bottom half). Club legend. One of the last I'd have expected to be on his way after only 10 games.

I did wonder if Stoke had put the feelers out today and he's decided to jump ship.

Some eyebrow raising names among the early favourites including Hughton, Karanka and McCarthy. Can't see Millwall being able to lure any of those there. More likely they'll go for a former player.

Just now, JHRover said:

Very surprised at that Millwall development. Not exactly adrift (only 3 points behind us in a congested bottom half). Club legend. One of the last I'd have expected to be on his way after only 10 games.

I did wonder if Stoke had put the feelers out today and he's decided to jump ship.

Some eyebrow raising names among the early favourites including Hughton, Karanka and McCarthy. Can't see Millwall being able to lure any of those there. More likely they'll go for a former player.

Can see someone like Rowett or Ainsworth or Roy Keane getting the job. 

4 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Can't be long until another club takes a punt on Rowett.

I think him and Monk will have managed every club in the championship between them by 2022.

I think Rowett is a decent manager albeit one who will deliver functional and defensive football. Would be a good appointment for a side like Millwall. Also shown he can do it on a limited budget at Birmingham. His record at Stoke not looking so bad in hindsight.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

I think Rowett is a decent manager albeit one who will deliver functional and defensive football. Would be a good appointment for a side like Millwall. Also shown he can do it on a limited budget at Birmingham. His record at Stoke not looking so bad in hindsight.

Out of interest, would you have Rowett here over Mowbray?

I don't really have an opinion of Rowett either way, think he's pretty average who will probably always get a championship job.

Can't say I would be overjoyed or disappointed if he rocks up here one day.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Out of interest, would you have Rowett here over Mowbray?

I don't really have an opinion of Rowett either way, think he's pretty average who will probably always get a championship job.

Can't say I would be overjoyed or disappointed if he rocks up here one day.

I don't think enough of him to get shut of Mowbray to bring him in. I don't think he's THAT good. Whereas a McCarthy, Hughton or Bruce if available and willing to come I would seriously look at having here over Mowbray.

But if Mowbray were to leave for whatever reason then yes, I think Rowett would tick a lot of our boxes when searching for a new manager. I'd probably put Rowett in a similar bracket to Warburton and Monk. Decent records in this league albeit not the promotion nack of a Hughton or Bruce who seem to be able to transform clubs into contenders overnight.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

Very suprised to hear how happy millwall fans are that Harris has left. From their forums sounds like the fans turned on him and he decided to leave on the back of that, which is pretty honourable from him Tbf. Reckon mil wall fans will regret turning on him tho.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, JHRover said:

McCarthy is a former player and boss there isn't he?  Could see him turning up there.

Edited by Neil Weaver

11 minutes ago, Neil Weaver said:

McCarthy is a former player and boss there isn't he?  Could see him turning up there.

Contracted to Ireland until next summer's Euros are finished so would have to job share until then, can't see Ireland agreeing to share him.

Birmingham deserve to win that game. Thought they were good. Alot of good young footballers there. Sunjic looked class in anchor man midfield role. Record signing there

Boro shocking mostly..look so poor. Alot of work for Woodgate to do there. Dont see any manager there yet