BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

Thing is, the see us go out and play as badly as we are doing and then seem confused why no one wants to spend what little hard earned cash and time they have to watch that rubbish. No one wants to watch a team put in minimum effort and collapse the moment the tiniest bit of pressure comes their way. 

Even in the position we are in, if our team was fighting tooth and nail to protect leads like we used to under Hughes, Allardyce etc I think a few more might turn up. Not stadium filling of course, but at least there would be a team to be proud of.

38 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Watched Sheff Wed / Leeds yesterday.

Thought Leeds had most possession and very mobile but Wed seemed the most efficient side.

Was a lot of empty seats. £42 tickets when its in sky and lunchtime.

Wed just released a 6 game (discounted) bundle at £200 !

We can't give away 3 game bundles at £45.

Just watch our home gates nose dive after the Preston fiasco, it will only be the likes of Sheff Weds, Leeds, Preston etc that will make our average look respectable.

Just now, RTM08 said:

Thing is, the see us go out and play as badly as we are doing and then seem confused why no one wants to spend what little hard earned cash and time they have to watch that rubbish. No one wants to watch a team put in minimum effort and collapse the moment the tiniest bit of pressure comes their way. 

Even in the position we are in, if our team was fighting tooth and nail to protect leads like we used to under Hughes, Allardyce etc I think a few more might turn up. Not stadium filling of course, but at least there would be a team to be proud of.

I kind of agree with this simarly if the team actually got on a run of games yielding wins bums on seats would be here. Mid table, slow football is turning people off.

Actually think hitting it long to Graham was better.

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

I think they won in spite of Raya not because of him 

Yep. The Raya Watch on tonight's game would just confirm what we already knew 'decent shot stopper, terrible on crosses'. That one on 87 minutes that he let through his hands was an absolute shocker. Had a QPR player been anywhere close it would have been 2-2 and all the talk would have been about a dodgy keeper throwing 2 points away.

He didn't kick the ball out of play like he regularly did for us, but part of that is down to the fact that Brentford play far less hoofball.

I note Raya ran the length of the field to celebrate the 3rd with team mates. Did he ever do that with us? After all we had the er, infamous amazing team spirit when he played here didn't we?

Edited by Husky

18 minutes ago, Husky said:

I note Raya ran the length of the field to celebrate the 3rd with team mates. Did he ever do that with us? 

I think he did it at Leeds away when Mulgrew scored to make it 2-1 in the last minute. Bit awkward for him that we still ended up losing of course, but that was down to the defence in front of him allowing free headers in the box rather than any of his own doing (in fact he almost miraculously kept out the equaliser).

As can be seen, we still don’t know how to hold on to a lead away from home almost a year on...

12 hours ago, Husky said:

Yep. The Raya Watch on tonight's game would just confirm what we already knew 'decent shot stopper, terrible on crosses'. That one on 87 minutes that he let through his hands was an absolute shocker. Had a QPR player been anywhere close it would have been 2-2 and all the talk would have been about a dodgy keeper throwing 2 points away.

He didn't kick the ball out of play like he regularly did for us, but part of that is down to the fact that Brentford play far less hoofball.

I note Raya ran the length of the field to celebrate the 3rd with team mates. Did he ever do that with us? After all we had the er, infamous amazing team spirit when he played here didn't we?

He always used to go round hugging his team mates just before kick off so I don't think his popularity with the rest of his team mates can be called into question.

Either way, despite the fact Raya's isn't quite the finished article yet, he's infinitely superior to Walton. We've swapped a keeper that makes a few howlers but more than compensates for it by making numerous saves he's no right to make for a keeper who makes numerous mistakes is completely immobile and doesn't pull off any saves you wouldn't expect him to make.

Edited by RevidgeBlue