BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

53 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He always used to go round hugging his team mates just before kick off so I don't think his popularity with the rest of his team mates can be called into question.

Either way, despite the fact Raya's isn't quite the finished article yet, he's infinitely superior to Walton. We've swapped a keeper that makes a few howlers but more than compensates for it by making numerous saves he's no right to make for a keeper who makes numerous mistakes is completely immobile and doesn't pull off any saves you wouldn't expect him to make.

Except when he won the match at Hull by saving a penalty

• Like 1

They've only sacked Keogh because he is injured and is no use for 15 months when he'll be 35. Surely the other two idiots who were driving and then fled the scene like two pathetic cowards should've been jailed, never mind sacked. The fact that they've not been sacked shows how hypocritical and corrupt a club you are dealing with. But then it is the same club who have signed Rooney and given him the number so they can advertise a betting firm and legally get kids who buy the shirt to advertise the firm legally. A scum house of a club that even makes us look good. 

Edited by Bohinen 22
  • Like 7

Just now, cesus said:

Wonder if this starts the ball rolling for clubs being able to sack players that refuse to play or other in house discipline breaches.

They can sack the other two but they are worth too much money to just terminate their contracts and get no fee....Keogh has no value especially after this injury at his age. He may get a pay off through a tribunal as it seems excessive to me considering the other twos punishment 

• Like 2

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

They can sack the other two but they are worth too much money to just terminate their contracts and get no fee....Keogh has no value especially after this injury at his age. He may get a pay off through a tribunal as it seems excessive to me considering the other twos punishment 

That’s my point, Rodwell at Sunderland is my thought. We will never know for fact whether he did or didn’t refuse to play but if he did then surely that forms gross misconduct and with this as a test case could Sunderland have looked to sack.

1 hour ago, Bohinen 22 said:

They've only sacked Keogh because he is injured and is no use for 15 months when he'll be 35. Surely the other two idiots who were driving and then fled the scene like two pathetic cowards should've been jailed, never mind sacked. The fact that they've not been sacked shows how hypocritical and corrupt a club you are dealing with. But then it is the same club who have signed Rooney and given him the number so they can advertise the firm end legally get kids who buy the shirt to advertise the firm legally. A scum house of a club that even makes us look good. 

You know what your exactly right it’s all about resale in this day In age Christ look at our business model.

Still bit by bit we are getting better as club. Who’s thought rovers would be more ethical than derby in 2019?

Edited by Scotland1

Must be me being old fashioned but I don't have any sympathy for Keogh whatsover. He's obviously been out on the lash with the others and got in a state he shouldn't as a professional sportsman, then got in a car with the other two knowing full well they were rat arsed. To me if you get in a car with someone who's drunk then that's entirely your prerogative, but don't complain if it all ends badly.

To me, all three are extremely fortunate they weren't sacked immediately and I really don't know how in the circumstances Keogh can complain about being offered a reduced deal other than the fact the others were dealt with more leniently. Why should the Club have to stump up full wages whilst he recuperates when he's done what he's done?

Typically of today's victim mentality. Always someone else's fault.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 3

• Backroom

I don’t think anyone has a real issue with the treatment of Keogh Rev.

Its more the fact that the other two were guilty of much worse and were playing the week after because they are more valuable to them. 

Absolute cowards as well, crashing then fleeing leaving your mate unconscious in the back 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

Its more the fact that the other two were guilty of much worse and were playing the week after because they are more valuable to them. 

Absolute cowards as well, crashing then fleeing leaving your mate unconscious in the back 

Don't disagree about the other two, but let's not forget, the Club are absolutely not at fault here, the players are. The Club didn't tell them all to get paralytic then climb into a car so why should the Club also lose out on the possibility of recovering some money back on the other two idiots at a later date?

They should have the option between cutting them loose entirely to set a good example, or using them on the pitch in the short term to avoid getting into a relegation battle,  or selling them at a later date to recoup some of their investment on them.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

28 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Double standards.

Not at all, those players are all under contract to Derby. Keogh has rendered himself completely useless to his employers by his own stupidity and by virtue of his age will have little or no value to them  by the time he recovers. By an accident of fate and birth the other two weren't injured and are younger therefore Derby had the option to continue using them in the short term and/or sell them at a later date if anyone is daft enough to take them. Maybe slightly unfortunate for Keogh but that's just the way it is.

In fact the more I think about it the more it is making me mad. How he has the gall to turn down a reduced contract offer when he should have been sacked is beyond me. I suppose Derby will be lumbered with the medical bills for his rehabilitation as well. If he takes it to a Tribunal I hope it gets laughed out of court.

Edit: misread it slightly, didn't realise he'd now been sacked. The point still stands though, he could have accepted a reduced wage when he shouldn't by rights be entitled to anything. You can argue the moral pros and cons of whether all three should have been sacked but the other 2 can still play and he can't so his situation is completely different from the other two.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

All 3 guilty of being idiots, should all have the same punishment from the club.The fact that Keogh is not an asset any more is irrelevant. Imo the other 2 should have been jailed, legally Keogh hadn't done anything against the law.

Sounds contradictory I admit ?

• Like 2

Keogh, an injured passenger, was sacked for ‘gross misconduct’.

Lawrence and Bennett both admitted, and were convicted for, drink driving.

The moral argument doesn’t stack up. The misconduct charge (which does appear to be a case of double standards) surely must point to a contract clause like ‘barring accident players will ensure they are fit to play at all times“. Either way, I agree with those suggesting Keogh had become an expensive problem (out for over a year and the wrong age). The other two still have value. Let’s not pretend this is any moral argument.

It is arguable whether what happened to Keogh was beyond his control. His lawyers will argue he wasn’t driving, the club will argue he got in the car. I expect him to get a big payout.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tom said:

We all know why:

I think he will win his appeal. Maybe Derby, in the knowledge he will appeal and win, will then say it's pointless sacking the other two as they too would appeal and win. But the world and his wife know that they have a transfer value and Derby are likely to cash in on that. Keogh is collateral damage.

A club without morals or scruples.

On 29/10/2019 at 12:21, Mashed Potatoes said:

Except when he won the match at Hull by saving a penalty

I think that may have been the last save he made. He's skating on really thin ice at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the bench on Saturday. Raya got dropped after a similar run of clangers.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1