BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

13 hours ago, bazza said:

I watched the game too. Diaby was the one Barnsley player I thought was awful. I watched him, mainly in the second half, and thought I'm glad we have Nyambe and not this donkey.

Funny how views differ.

I'm with you bazza, looked a bad un to me. Fair play to Barnsley though, showed bollocks we can only dream of to get a point there.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mark Bowen made a good start to his manager career

Surprisingly so. Let's see how long it lasts, but he has already done better than I expected he would. 

That said, perhaps Huddersfield aren't as broken as suspected ? Seem to be pulling away nicely.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I expect Alex Neil will leave now by resigning if he serious wants the Stoke Job. IMO, He must if Stoke sacked Jones on a Friday and his staff aswell

Nah, just poor planning from Stoke. Looks like they tried to agree things with Neil first then strong-arm us after that, and now it's transpired that we weren't having any of it and AN wasn't even bothered about the move. Given the shambolic way Stoke's been run since they came down, really wouldn't be a surprise if they drop down again into L1.

Edited by north_ender

9 hours ago, north_ender said:
Nah, just poor planning from Stoke. Looks like they tried to agree things with Neil first then strong-arm us after that, and now it's transpired that we weren't having any of it and AN wasn't even bothered about the move. Given the shambolic way Stoke's been run since they came down, really wouldn't be a surprise if they drop down again into L1.

Talks have clearly took place between Stoke and Neil unofficially. I wonder if Neil kind off agree to the move before it leak out and now gone back on his word. 

I don't know who they next for Stoke. I think someone like Moyes or Joey Barton might get the job. 

Just now, K-Hod said:

I’ll be honest, if anyone didn’t take the chance to triple their wages, I’d wonder if everything was alright at home.

Neil is in a position to play the long game though. He's in a stable and decent job at the moment on £1m+ a year, he doesn't need to take any job or wage increase that comes up. Chances are in the summer he'll be offered a big deal at another club far more stable than Stoke and at that point he'd probably go, but there's no point rushing to a bottom of the table club who keep sacking young managers.

Edited by north_ender

Just now, K-Hod said:

I’ll be honest, if anyone didn’t take the chance to triple their wages, I’d wonder if everything was alright at home.

Expectations are different though. He could be at Preston a lot longer. Howe, Dyche and Ainsworth are the currently longest serving managers in football. They are delivering but at clubs with low expectations.

Much better money but a big managerial risk career wise. he will probably stay and try to further his reputation. I do not think he will be at Preston long though (unless they get up), more stable bigger fish will soon come calling.

Edited by JacknOry

21 minutes ago, north_ender said:

Neil is in a position to play the long game though. He's in a stable and decent job at the moment on £1m+ a year, he doesn't need to take any job or wage increase that comes up. Chances are in the summer he'll be offered a big deal at another club far more stable than Stoke and at that point he'd probably go, but there's no point rushing to a bottom of the table club who keep sacking young managers.

Neil is on more than 1 mil per year? 

If Neil Was to go.where would you go next to replace him?