BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

Preston 1-0 up at Charlton. Effective at defending a lead and running the clock down. Players down for soft fouls and injuries left right and centre. Stockley went down easily for the penalty. 

No nonsense and fancy ideals. Just sensible and effective.

They remind me of Burnley when they got promoted. Nothing brilliant just consistent and put together relatively cheaply with astute transfers.

Name of the game is consistency in selection and approach. Mowbray tries keeping everyone happy to our detriment. You get a winning formula and stick to it. Don't try to be clever keep trying different things.

• Like 4

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Not good for Rovers if Preston do make the Prem,we will be sandwiched by them and Burnley roughly 10 miles either side..our catchment area will shrink to nowt.

It already is when the club itself doesn't look any further than Darwen

Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

How fucking embarrassing to see the nobbers at the top of the league. Managers eh?

Yup, this league is here for the taking. Burnley, Preston, they're unspectacular but organized with an unremitting work-rate. You obviously need the technical ability on the pitch and tactical nous in the dugout but those qualities can take you a long way.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Not good for Rovers if Preston do make the Prem,we will be sandwiched by them and Burnley roughly 10 miles either side..our catchment area will shrink to nowt.

Don’t worry, with Mowbray’s football and Waggott’s initiatives we’ve got things in hand.

Seriously though, the nobbers in the PL would be unbearable. Meanwhile we plod along, hoping to stay in the division.

22 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We had the whip hand and were virtually unchallenged in the area some 10 years ago..we have lost so much ground it's unreal and frightening to boot.

It really is. Rovers were the premier team in Lancashire for as long as I can remember. My football supporting days started as a kid in the early 80's. Rovers were always in higher divisions than Burnley, PNE, Bolton, and Blackpool. Stanley were a non-league side for many years so weren't even a factor. 

Fast forward to today; Burnley look like they are staying up for another season (implosion notwithstanding), PNE are top of the Championship (for now). Stanley are fighting another season in League 1 with Blackpool sniffing around the playoffs in the same league. Only Bolton are worse off. They are also a side who had a decent few Prem years followed by decline.

What a difference an owner change makes.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Expect Stoke to appoint 1 of these 3 managers. Mick Mccarthy, Alan Pardew or Martin O'Neill..

Just my opinion(no inside info)

You think so Chaddy ? If I were a Stoke fan I'd be hoping for better than that. If Mowbray were to walk in front of the proverbial No 17 bus I wouldn't be over the moon about those three.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You think so Chaddy ? If I were a Stoke fan I'd be hoping for better than that. If Mowbray were to walk in front of the proverbial No 17 bus I wouldn't be over the moon about those three.

Who can they get better then? 

Ive mention the names me and my group discuss on Saturday. 

It really is down to selection of manager isn't it? Under Venkys we've invariably taken the cheap option and ironically its cost the owners a fortune.

One good decision and we'd be up now. Very few clubs spending on players like we have but sadly, the wrong players!

Preston's example should open the owners' eyes if they were normal. Unfortunately.....

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Expect Stoke to appoint 1 of these 3 managers. Mick Mccarthy, Alan Pardew or Martin O'Neill..

Just my opinion(no inside info)

McCarthy might just be the kind of appointment they need right now. It's got to be about staying in the championship above anything else, surely?

• Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

It really is down to selection of manager isn't it? Under Venkys we've invariably taken the cheap option and ironically its cost the owners a fortune.

One good decision and we'd be up now. Very few clubs spending on players like we have but sadly, the wrong players!

Preston's example should open the owners' eyes if they were normal. Unfortunately.....

Rovers had tend to go Cheap option but I felt Lambert would have done very well here if he had been longer..

Preston are good example. WBA also with good signings and proper structure imo