BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Saw that coming

Get him in! 

I think that's him done now with football. Surely at his age you'd take the compensation and live your days out in the sun.

As an aside, you won't find the media defending their decision much, but wait til the day we eventually pot Mowbray despite our God awful form and there will be outrage.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I think that's him done now with football. Surely at his age you'd take the compensation and live your days out in the sun.

As an aside, you won't find the media defending their decision much, but wait til the day we eventually pot Mowbray despite our God awful form and there will be outrage.

You reckon? We’ll get barely a mention. The days of us having any kind of profile have gone.

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

I was told in confidence early yesterday but that he was going of his own volition. He was in the dressing room for a long while after yesterdays game and Sky thought he was bollocking his players. He wasn't, he was saying his goodbyes. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, arbitro said:

I was told in confidence early yesterday but that he was going of his own volition. He was in the dressing room for a long while after yesterdays game and Sky thought he was bollocking his players. He wasn't, he was saying his goodbyes. 

Wouldn't surprise me. He was reluctant to stay on this season and it's obviously not going well. Still doing better than us mind, but we don't exactly have high expectations.

Just now, DE. said:

Wouldn't surprise me. He was reluctant to stay on this season and it's obviously not going well. Still doing better than us mind, but we don't exactly have high expectations.

I think his next move will be to the Sky sofa. He's pretty much done with management.

• Like 1

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

Could he get our current squad into the play offs with the help of the January transfer window? 

If the answer is yes then give the old boy a 6 month contract.

On super duper wages and a fabulous promotion bonus. Then he can retire in summer.

• Like 1

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

Could he get our current squad into the play offs with the help of the January transfer window? 

You can bet they wouldn' be swanning on their holidays this week if he was running the show. I think he's done now, the death of the young lad he'd just signed last season knocked the stuffing out of him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Warnock was off the scale derogatory about Rovers when engaged and by-passed for Coyle.

Getting Rovers up from where we are is a huge ask.

He has walked away from a much easier job at Ca

rdiff.

6 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Would you blame him?  Another great decision by our "owners". 

Not at all.

Somebody intervened to over rule and reverse a decision already made by Venky's to appoint Warnock.

That somebody cost Venky's a cool £200m minimum if you make the reasonable assumption Warnock's 8th promotion would have been with us.

An expensive lesson for Venkys and last hurrah for somebody.

I know it doesn't help anything to keep going on about it but that decision wasnt just a poor one made between two candidates. It was possibly one of the most shameful decisions made in recent memory. Warnock was available and eager to work. A unique set of circumstances where all he wanted was a last opportunity to get that 8th promotion. He didn't demand vast amounts of cash or long term contracts like many managers with his record might want. He didn't demand a ready made squad of quality players. 

It will be a long time before a manager with that pedigree is available and keen on the job here and not cost an arm and a leg. Yet we messed it up for reasons still unknown and Cardiff got promotion the season after.

It is claimed Venkys are keen for promotion yet you look at that decision which was straightforward and rather than get promotion we got relegation and wonder.

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cheston was on holiday when he was appointed so said he that for him? 

I don't know if you are defending him or not in that reply as I can't make sense of it.

Cheston is on record as describing him as the outstanding candidate. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I don't know if you are defending him or not in that reply as I can't make sense of it.

Cheston is on record as describing him as the outstanding candidate. 

I think he’s saying that warnock was in the picture. Cheston went away and coyle was appointed in his absence. He had to toe  the party line then and say coyle was the best man....just a guess

• Like 3