BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

50 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I don't know if you are defending him or not in that reply as I can't make sense of it.

Cheston is on record as describing him as the outstanding candidate. 

My points was Cheston wasnt here and on Holiday. So how couod he met Coyle and appoint him. Someone at the club after Cheston went on holiday decide to suggest Coyle to the owners. 

Also how could Cheston make those comments when he wasnt here. Someone put Cheston name to those quotes. He toed the club line. 

Warnock was coming here and was happy with Budget and even selling Hanley. Someone wanted Coyle in the club 

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

My points was Cheston wasnt here and on Holiday. So how couod he met Coyle and appoint him. Someone at the club after Cheston went on holiday decide to suggest Coyle to the owners. 

Also how could Cheston make those comments when he wasnt here. Someone put Cheston name to those quotes. He toed the club line. 

Warnock was coming here and was happy with Budget and even selling Hanley. Someone wanted Coyle in the club 

Well it wasn't because of fan approval. If you'd have had a poll before that appointment I'll bet you could have counted on the fingers of one hand the fans that would have voted for him.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14774858.they-have-no-intention-of-selling-the-club-report-on-blackburn-rovers-supporters-consultation-meeting/

MANAGER APPOINTMENT

COYLE admitted he met Balaji Rao after being interviewed for the job by two Venky’s representatives.

He said: “I met with Suhail and one other Indian gentleman, advisors to the family, and on the back of that I met with Mr Bala, and on the back of that I was offered the job.”

Cheston added: “We completed the interview process at the time and then I went on holiday and I was abroad when we became aware of Owen. The process had to continue without me.”

Edited by OldEwoodBlue

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14774858.they-have-no-intention-of-selling-the-club-report-on-blackburn-rovers-supporters-consultation-meeting/

MANAGER APPOINTMENT

COYLE admitted he met Balaji Rao after being interviewed for the job by two Venky’s representatives.

He said: “I met with Suhail and one other Indian gentleman, advisors to the family, and on the back of that I met with Mr Bala, and on the back of that I was offered the job.”

Cheston added: “We completed the interview process at the time and then I went on holiday and I was abroad when we became aware of Owen. The process had to continue without me.”

Then people wonder why we're going nowhere ! You could probably write the sum total of their football knowledge on the back of a postage stamp.

33 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

3 quotes from Mike when pressed for answers....

I was on holiday. I don't know who appointed him

He was the outstanding candidate.

He was the only one who fit the critetia.

Where's 4?---He was cheap.

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14620710.owen-coyle-proving-why-he-was-the-right-appointment-for-blackburn-rovers-says-director-mike-cheston/

I suggest you read the quotes from Cheston. He says they definitely made the right appointment.

As somebody said earlier that appointment set us back by a few years and potentially cost us millions. No recourse for Cheston though who is happy to take his large salary.

55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Here we get down to the nitty gritty of things.

At that time Cheston was the most senior and arguably only active director at the club. Assuming you don't count Bob Coar or Ian Silvester as active directors.

If this account is true, that Cheston went off on his summer holidays in the middle of a crucial managerial appointment process and whilst he was away individuals unknown parachuted Coyle into position then it sets alarm bells off.

Who were these people who were able to strike whilst Cheston's back was turned? Why did Cheston go on holiday before the appointment was concluded? Who are these people who have enough influence with the owners to be able to get in behind directors backs and sway the owners to make a catastrophic decision against or without the advice of their paid directors?

I don't think Balaji Rao's mobile number is in the phone book so who was able to get in touch with one of the owners so quickly and effectively when the same owners have been almost impossible to contact by employees at the club even managers at times?

What safeguards are in place to prevent another recurrence of this again in future?

Is Waggott any different now or do they just wait till he goes on holiday before making decisions behind his back?

I'm afraid absolving Cheston of responsibility is only half of the story. As it happens I don't believe he was responsible for Coyle and was likely forced into those statements in the absence of anyone else to do it. I actually sympathise with the bloke who was last man standing and expected to do way more than he should. But there remain very serious questions here of how this mob operate.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

As somebody said earlier that appointment set us back by a few years and potentially cost us millions. No recourse for Cheston though who is happy to take his large salary.

........... and his "holiday" when the club were looking to make a critical appointment.

Smacks of the Roy Keane transfer farce. The club might as well put a closed for business sign on the front door. 

28 minutes ago, arbitro said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14620710.owen-coyle-proving-why-he-was-the-right-appointment-for-blackburn-rovers-says-director-mike-cheston/

I suggest you read the quotes from Cheston. He says they definitely made the right appointment.

My point yet again is Cheston was forced to back Coyle with his comments even tho he wasn't interviewed by Cheston. 

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Here we get down to the nitty gritty of things.

At that time Cheston was the most senior and arguably only active director at the club. Assuming you don't count Bob Coar or Ian Silvester as active directors.

If this account is true, that Cheston went off on his summer holidays in the middle of a crucial managerial appointment process and whilst he was away individuals unknown parachuted Coyle into position then it sets alarm bells off.

Who were these people who were able to strike whilst Cheston's back was turned? Why did Cheston go on holiday before the appointment was concluded? Who are these people who have enough influence with the owners to be able to get in behind directors backs and sway the owners to make a catastrophic decision against or without the advice of their paid directors?

I don't think Balaji Rao's mobile number is in the phone book so who was able to get in touch with one of the owners so quickly and effectively when the same owners have been almost impossible to contact by employees at the club even managers at times?

wasn't Slivester appointment as club secretary during the Kean era? Coar has been here for years before Venkys bought the club

I have no idea why Cheston would go on holiday and not concluded the Warnock deal before. But someone wanted Coyle in the job before Warnock got the job. someone recommend him to Pasha who interviewed him for the job. It is no surprise that Coyle was able to talk the talk to these people but he couldn't deliver the things he promises to them

I cant remember who ever we interviewed at that time? do you know? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

My point yet again is Cheston was forced to back Coyle with his comments even tho he wasn't interviewed by Cheston. 

wasn't Slivester appointment as club secretary during the Kean era? Coar has been here for years before Venkys bought the club

I have no idea why Cheston would go on holiday and not concluded the Warnock deal before. But someone wanted Coyle in the job before Warnock got the job. someone recommend him to Pasha who interviewed him for the job. It is no surprise that Coyle was able to talk the talk to these people but he couldn't deliver the things he promises to them

I cant remember who ever we interviewed at that time? do you know? 

Do you believe Cheston was forced to say those things? If you really believe that then that's up to you. Personally I believe he said them of his own volition really believing they were true. Meanwhile in the real world the majority knew we were only going in one direction.

Irrespective he owed it to the fans to justify the comments when we got relegated.

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

MANAGER APPOINTMENT

Fuck me.

Who was the other bloke? How were either of these 2 qualified to appoint a manager?

No wonder Coyle got the gig, he'd have easily conned those 3 into giving him the job, with all the tripe he can talk.

When is it time for the circus to close?

Edited by davulsukur

6 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Who was the other bloke? How were either of these 2 qualified to appoint a manager?

They obviously weren't, they chose Judas over Jesus.....30 pieces of silver........cost them many rupees. They will never learn as they are fucking clueless. Nine years of absolute incompetence. 

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white
  • Like 4